Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: What scooters do the ladies ride?  (Read 27765 times)

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
Re: What scooters do the ladies ride?
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2008, 11:23:24 PM »

Thank you so much for the welcome and the invitation. Sedona would be a beautiful place to ride, but is a LONG way from Fort Worth. Possible that we could trailer there with our Lance Camper...if the price of gas doesn't put us out of the travel business!  Diesel here is $3.40 today, and climbing!

Abbynormal

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2008, 11:37:34 PM »

Diesel here is $3.40 today, and climbing!

It's $3.76 here!   :'(
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

Abbynormal

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 yellow
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2008, 12:04:30 AM »

Hey Janine...

How great to encounter another female. I was starting to feel pretty intimidated by all the testosterone on the forum! Never sure if a female is welcome to butt in, ya know. Thanks for the reply....

Abbynormal

Vags SO

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • ~The Sky is Crying~
    • judesjujus.com
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2008, 08:15:59 AM »

Hey Janine...

How great to encounter another female. I was starting to feel pretty intimidated by all the testosterone on the forum! Never sure if a female is welcome to butt in, ya know. Thanks for the reply....

Abbynormal

There are a few of us females on here Abby.. ;D

Fruitcake

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: My wifes bike 2004 FLSTC
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2008, 08:56:09 AM »

Thanks Mrs. WeCVO. Printed off your thread and let Cheri read it. Lots to learn. Appreciate the guidance. Will let her do the training and get the feel of driving first. Several ladies riding in local HOG club. Getting to know them - great support for her. Will let her choose what she wants when she want to. No pressure for now. She' really getting into riding with me. Did only twice on my Honda ST1300. She's done 5 rides with me for over 600 miles totalso far on the CSE2. Cool...We've got a real cool road with small hills and curves nearby around the lake. I think she likes the rolling back and forth in the twisties. And close to home at one corner I always give'er through four gears up to 6000 rpm. Usually it's slow down. But nestled in with the tour pack supporting her, she's rocken... Cool...Thanks.

My wife's 1st bike was a Suzuki Savage 1 cylinder. she hatted it, than she tried a Suzuki Valusia  800 cc she loved that bike.

Than in the spring of 2004 she wanted to be a Harley rider so we bought her a 2004 HD Heritage Softail Classic. It has the stage 1 kit SE mufflers front engine guards and rear bag guards.

She sat on all of the HD models and she loved the Heritage the best. She is taller and slimmer than me, she is 5'9 and has no problem placing her feet on the ground. She is a great biker, we ride all over New England and upper State NY. I still worry about her all the time but that's because I worry about every thing!

We have one strict rule!  No drinking and driving! We have plenty of time at home to sit have a few drinks.     

And every spring we watch a safety coarse CD that we have and we talk about safety before every ride!

We love Riding the hills of the North East Kingdom of VT, Northern NH and Western ME.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2008, 02:06:06 PM »

OK we pulled the trigger yesterday!  Got the Mrs. an 883C, 2004.  It was still at the Triumph dealer with 3,700 miles, new battery, locking leather covered hard bags, wind shield, and sissy bar.  It's red and silver.  She'll take the rider safety class as soon as she can.  If she isn't comfortable with it after trying it out we'd sell it and only be out a couple hundred $$.  Thanks for everyone's input!

Now I need to trick it out a little bit.  Does anyone have a parts catalog from 2004?  I'm looking for SE slip ons, street performance, slash down.  I've got the part number for the 07 or newer is there a reason those won't work?  The left side is pretty ugly with all of the plain aluminum.  We'll be adding chrome primary and derby covers there.  Oh yeah, and a chrome engine guard for safety.  She's a peach.  I drove it around the parking lot.  It was real nimble and seemed to steer itself.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2008, 02:17:19 PM »

ell then, there you go.  She has a bike.  She is going to take a class.  She has a supportive spouse, all great first steps.  I'd worry a whole lot less about what you do to make the bike pretty, then getting her geared up comfortably.  Many, Many Congratulations.  I love it when I see the women start to figure out that the best seat on any motorcycle is the front seat of the one you ride on your own.   :coolblue: :cherry:

Pass on a Great Big Welcome to the female riding group.  It is pretty special.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2008, 06:37:18 PM »

OK we pulled the trigger yesterday!  Got the Mrs. an 883C, 2004.  It was still at the Triumph dealer with 3,700 miles, new battery, locking leather covered hard bags, wind shield, and sissy bar.  It's red and silver.  She'll take the rider safety class as soon as she can.  If she isn't comfortable with it after trying it out we'd sell it and only be out a couple hundred $$.  Thanks for everyone's input!

Now I need to trick it out a little bit.  Does anyone have a parts catalog from 2004?  I'm looking for SE slip ons, street performance, slash down.  I've got the part number for the 07 or newer is there a reason those won't work?  The left side is pretty ugly with all of the plain aluminum.  We'll be adding chrome primary and derby covers there.  Oh yeah, and a chrome engine guard for safety.  She's a peach.  I drove it around the parking lot.  It was real nimble and seemed to steer itself.

Woo! Woo!  , chicks on bikes make me hottttt!  ::) But then again I'm so fat I am always spritzin!  :huepfenjump3:

Vags SO

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • ~The Sky is Crying~
    • judesjujus.com
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2008, 06:49:12 PM »

ell then, there you go.  She has a bike.  She is going to take a class.  She has a supportive spouse, all great first steps.  I'd worry a whole lot less about what you do to make the bike pretty, then getting her geared up comfortably.  Many, Many Congratulations.  I love it when I see the women start to figure out that the best seat on any motorcycle is the front seat of the one you ride on your own.   :coolblue: :cherry:

Pass on a Great Big Welcome to the female riding group.  It is pretty special.

Yes, I agree with Mrs.We... ;) We are a special group!

retired_colonel

• Retired Army
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »

My wife is 5'4" tall, and weighs 135 pounds.  Former body builder and stayed in great, strong shape.  She alternately rides an '07 Sportster 1200R, an '03 Dyna LowRider, or her most recent acquisition of an '08 FLHRSE4.  Lately, though, it has been difficult for her to ride anything other than the Road King.  Won't climb off the darn thing.  She says that I should be pleased that she 'shares' in MY hobby...LOL.  My hobby consists solely of an '04 Road King with a built motor, custom paint set, Baker DD gear set, etc. etc.  I am happy there...she is a collector!!
2008 FLHRSE4 x 2
2004 FLHRCI
2003 FXDL

Vags SO

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • ~The Sky is Crying~
    • judesjujus.com
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2008, 11:20:06 PM »

My wife is 5'4" tall, and weighs 135 pounds.  Former body builder and stayed in great, strong shape.  She alternately rides an '07 Sportster 1200R, an '03 Dyna LowRider, or her most recent acquisition of an '08 FLHRSE4.  Lately, though, it has been difficult for her to ride anything other than the Road King.  Won't climb off the darn thing.  She says that I should be pleased that she 'shares' in MY hobby...LOL.  My hobby consists solely of an '04 Road King with a built motor, custom paint set, Baker DD gear set, etc. etc.  I am happy there...she is a collector!!

Way to go! I'm still waiting to get a Harley..not sure what it'll be yet..
Welcome to the Forum!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2008, 02:38:15 AM »

Why alienate the BSR's? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Where's the choice of "My Old Man's Passenger Seat"? ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2008, 10:06:18 AM »

my other half rides a 2001 night train fxstb  and as a commuter scoot a Buell xb9city

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2008, 12:31:36 PM »

My wife rides on whatever I ride.  She's very content being a BSR and prefers to remain one, having no interest in riding her own.  I have no problem with that, as I'd rather have her along as my BSR then to not have her along at all.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SMOKIN' JACKET

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2008, 04:21:51 PM »

I also started riding at age 50.  Everybody else was learning to play golf.  I took the MSF class and bought a used, but perfect, 250 Yamaha Virago from a guy's wife that decided she didn't want to ride.

I rode that bike for a short time and then found a 98 sportster 1200 custom that was beautiful.  I was convinced that I would NEVER be able to ride a bigger bike.  Psychologically, it was best for me to start on the sportster.  It seemd so much bigger than the little Yamaha.

A  year or so later, I tried the Dyna Low Rider and the Softail something or other on "bike day" at the dealership.  I loved both, but especially the Low Rider. 

I just traded the sportster and bought the CVO Springer 08.  I love the bike.  Thought I wanted the low rider, but I wanted forward controls, and found the springer to be just right.

I am taking the Sheriffs class tomorrow and the Ride Like a Pro workshop next week.  I love the classes and prefer to get as much mileage as I can in a supervised environment.  I ride a lot, but I still enjoy the special instruction.

Marie
Smokin' Jacket (wanna know why?)
2008 Screamin' Eagle Springer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.