Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: What scooters do the ladies ride?  (Read 27776 times)

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: What scooters do the ladies ride?
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2008, 04:55:25 PM »

I also started riding at age 50.  Everybody else was learning to play golf.  I took the MSF class and bought a used, but perfect, 250 Yamaha Virago from a guy's wife that decided she didn't want to ride.

I rode that bike for a short time and then found a 98 sportster 1200 custom that was beautiful.  I was convinced that I would NEVER be able to ride a bigger bike.  Psychologically, it was best for me to start on the sportster.  It seemd so much bigger than the little Yamaha.

A  year or so later, I tried the Dyna Low Rider and the Softail something or other on "bike day" at the dealership.  I loved both, but especially the Low Rider. 

I just traded the sportster and bought the CVO Springer 08.  I love the bike.  Thought I wanted the low rider, but I wanted forward controls, and found the springer to be just right.

I am taking the Sheriffs class tomorrow and the Ride Like a Pro workshop next week.  I love the classes and prefer to get as much mileage as I can in a supervised environment.  I ride a lot, but I still enjoy the special instruction.

Marie

Way Cool! :2vrolijk_21:

Vags SO

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • ~The Sky is Crying~
    • judesjujus.com
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2008, 06:19:04 PM »

I also started riding at age 50.  Everybody else was learning to play golf.  I took the MSF class and bought a used, but perfect, 250 Yamaha Virago from a guy's wife that decided she didn't want to ride.

I rode that bike for a short time and then found a 98 sportster 1200 custom that was beautiful.  I was convinced that I would NEVER be able to ride a bigger bike.  Psychologically, it was best for me to start on the sportster.  It seemd so much bigger than the little Yamaha.

A  year or so later, I tried the Dyna Low Rider and the Softail something or other on "bike day" at the dealership.  I loved both, but especially the Low Rider. 

I just traded the sportster and bought the CVO Springer 08.  I love the bike.  Thought I wanted the low rider, but I wanted forward controls, and found the springer to be just right.

I am taking the Sheriffs class tomorrow and the Ride Like a Pro workshop next week.  I love the classes and prefer to get as much mileage as I can in a supervised environment.  I ride a lot, but I still enjoy the special instruction.

Marie

Way to go Marie..Welcome to the forum!  ;D

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

My lovely wife Karen and our gorgeous daughter Caitlin received their motorcycle endorsements today upon completion of a 4 day Ride with PRIDE class.  Caitlin received the highest rating in the class and beat all of the men!  Now to put some miles on the Sportster!  Congratulations you two!  I love you both and am very proud of you!  You're still more likely to see either of them on the back of mine for GTG's, but never say never!

OK Raquel, your turn!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2008, 04:50:03 PM »

My lovely wife Karen and our gorgeous daughter Caitlin received their motorcycle endorsements today upon completion of a 4 day Ride with PRIDE class.  Caitlin received the highest rating in the class and beat all of the men!  Now to put some miles on the Sportster!  Congratulations you two!  I love you both and am very proud of you!  You're still more likely to see either of them on the back of mine for GTG's, but never say never!

OK Raquel, your turn!

So next is a bike for Karen and Caitlin.
JW, get the check book out.
That's going to turn out to be an expensive course!

But passing that couse is something to be proud of!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2008, 04:50:28 PM »

OK Raquel, your turn!
Congrats to Karen and Caitlin.  The best seat on any bike is always the front seat of the bike you are riding yourself.  

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 04:55:24 PM by Mrs.We »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2008, 05:32:08 PM »

More competent happy riders is always a good thing.  Boy or girls; no matter.  Enjoy the new experiences ladies.  Enjoy them a great deal. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2008, 05:36:40 PM »

Congrats to Karen and Caitlin.  The best seat on any bike is always the front seat of the bike you are riding yourself.  

Mrs We, was just looking at the picture of you on your bike.  Got to comment on something Candy.  I know I'm always in a better mood riding then doing about anything else.  Even if its a twolane to no place other than a big circle that eventually takes me back hom.  But I sit there, settle in, join the rhythm of the bike and wind and just be right with what's going on.  I've seen you on your bike a few times.  And even more pictures.

Going around you and glancing back to take a look in the twisties in the Smoky Mountains, sitting in a parking lot, no matter where you are on your bike there's always one constant.  You have the biggest grin on your face the whole time.  I bet you never stop!  I like it when riding.  I'm happy.  You're downright buzzed.  You win :2vrolijk_21: .

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2008, 06:07:40 PM »

Yes, I have only met Candy once, but her smiles is infectious!    :2vrolijk_21:

Janine

• FXDSE2
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXDSE2
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2008, 06:35:24 PM »

OK Raquel, your turn!

Congratulations Karen and Caitlin. Way to go!!
Member 4721
FXDSE2-Candy Cobalt/Midnight Blue

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2008, 07:51:21 PM »

You know, we have all in our lives dabbled at something.  A hobby, a sport, something that made us happy.  When my husband bought me my first bike and we took off riding together, we both knew at the same time, this was it.  We had landed on something that we both loved to do equally.  Course, it took many years for me to perfect that riding, and I am not there yet, but youbetcha - it is fun.  In the rain, in the cold, in the gravel, in the dirt, on the hot pavement, in the dark.  I love to ride, and I am especially happy riding that red, two tone candy cherry screamn' eagle electra glide.  Youbetcha!

Thanks for noticing.  If you have ever been where Jamey and I are, you will notice our booming, unforgettable laughs and the perpetual smiles.  We love what we do. 

That pic I just posted was taken by brother-in-law, Tim.  I had just come down the mountain off of the Dragon.  I was slower, but proficient and confidant.  A big change from 2005. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:56:19 PM by Mrs.We »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »

Mrs We, was just looking at the picture of you on your bike.  Got to comment on something Candy.  I know I'm always in a better mood riding then doing about anything else.  Even if its a twolane to no place other than a big circle that eventually takes me back hom.  But I sit there, settle in, join the rhythm of the bike and wind and just be right with what's going on.  I've seen you on your bike a few times.  And even more pictures.

Going around you and glancing back to take a look in the twisties in the Smoky Mountains, sitting in a parking lot, no matter where you are on your bike there's always one constant.  You have the biggest grin on your face the whole time.  I bet you never stop!  I like it when riding.  I'm happy.  You're downright buzzed.  You win :2vrolijk_21: .

Got to admit Don, you're absolutely right.  I've met up with Candy and Jamie a couple of times and her smile is just down-right infectious.  :)  She's always smiling when she's on, or around, her bike.  Ya gotta love it!!   ;)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2008, 09:07:33 PM »

Got to admit Don, you're absolutely right.  I've met up with Candy and Jamie a couple of times and her smile is just down-right infectious.  :)  She's always smiling when she's on, or around, her bike.  Ya gotta love it!!   ;)

:devil:

Still remember as if it were yesterday one particular day at Maggie Valley.  It was cold.  It was raining.  It had been raining.  I was standing on the balcony watching her wander across the lot chatting and grinning with different people around the bikes.  She came up behind my bike and fiddled with the leather tassles that were hanging on it then.  Grinned like a kid in a candy store.  No wonder everyone loves Mrs.We.

Vags SO

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • ~The Sky is Crying~
    • judesjujus.com
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2008, 10:09:42 PM »

OK Raquel, your turn!

All Right! Way to GO! Jim, tell them I'm ready to ride with them any day!
Huggs

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2008, 10:59:38 PM »

... She came up behind my bike and fiddled with the leather tassles that were hanging on it then.  Grinned like a kid in a candy store.  ...
We were told that we were not allowed to play with the tassels on Don's bike.  Well, his bike was parked right outside our room.  What is a girl going to do? 

vagabond6542

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2008, 12:34:05 AM »

We were told that we were not allowed to play with the tassels on Don's bike.  Well, his bike was parked right outside our room.  What is a girl going to do? 

You do whatever it takes to keep that infectious smile on your face. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.