Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: New Vance & Hines Monster Ovals  (Read 72911 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: New Vance & Hines Monster Ovals
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2008, 03:23:45 PM »

I just brought my '07 SERK in for the 110 "performance upgrade" - also have to replace the heads (cracked). I'm going to have the new heads ported and polished, adding a 251 cam, 50mm throttle body, and increasing the CR a bit (already have the SERT). I currently have V&H true duals with Khrome Werks slip ons. I saw the MONSTER OVALS and fell in love with 'em. But I'm also thinking the V&H 2 into 1 (Pro Pipe BP) will get the most performance from my mods. But it doesn't look nearly as good as the MONSTER OVALS! Any clue what the performance difference will be between the pipes? If the 2 into 1 isn't going to make THAT much difference then I'm going to give the MONSTER OVALS a shot as well. Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!
Thanks much!

The V&H TD headpipes KILL the 110 performance! Try the FatCat! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2008, 01:41:41 AM »

I put V&H true duals on my 08 ultra (96") and it definetly killed the power. 

Just finished with Fulsac 1 3/4 on mine...its late and raining so I will wait until tommorow to ride it but it sounds good in the garage.  Not too loud, which is what I wanted.  You can't beat the price and the install was very easy. 

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2008, 08:39:04 AM »

I sent an email to Vance and Hines first to inquiry which ones would work on an 09. He said by Dec they should have the whole line ready of the 09s but right now it was the Monster Ovals and one other. I liked to fell over when I saw how much the monsters were almost 2x. I wrote them back and asked why they were so expensive,but alas I did not receive a response.
Can a novice install a Race Tuner or Super tuner as They are called now? My dealer here in SoCal (Biggs) will not do any performance work. This includes even installing mufflers. I was amazed. So I guess I will have to install unless anyone has a reliable shop here in SOCal that will do the work? Any feedback on shopes would be great. Thanks
Chanman

Take a nice ride up the coast and go see Jim at the Metal Dragon in Harward...Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2009, 03:05:30 PM »

Do the V&H TD headpipes kill the 103's too?  (cuz I've got crap for power out of them...)    :(
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

Bigderek

• Big Derek

• CVO1: Harley Davidson CVO Ultra Classic FLHTCUSE4 Electra Glide
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2009, 11:49:20 AM »

Hiya

Having just returned from a 3 week holiday in the USA I must admit that we still find Harley and Goldwing accessories a little cheaper $ to £ wise. So whilst Stateside I bought my New all chrome nice Tour pack hinges,a pair of rear passenger comfort crash bars, a Pair of chrome rear speaker covers, a Light up LCD Oil dip stick, and a Screaming Eagle SE Pro Super Tuner 32109-08A. I hope thats good for my new CVO 09 FLHTCUSE4 Glide? I then asked the dealer to show me the new VH Monster Ovals which he did and they sounded great on a Ultra Classic Glide they had a real rumble to em!

Now I now you chaps say $800 is Barmey money and if I was a US resident me too but "Hey spare a thought for us the CVO Glide which is $35.500 is £25,500 which is $37,500 on a good day! So we do pay more for the bikes, but if we can get some stuff in  our suitcase to bring home we do. The Ovals would not fit so I have just ordered a set here in the UK and they will be costing me about £725.00 again which is $1.023 "Blimey" Thats a lot of dosh for some pipes, but if you want em over here thats what we have to pay, so please when we here you guys saying $700 bucks is bad give us a thought (lol)

I am also hoping a Big Sucker air filter and the std Air cleaner case will be good enough for my intended mods? Any help would be gratefully received. As I am trying to become a Harley convert from a GL1800 Goldwing, I am moving the tourpack back as adviced by this site, moving the rear speakers a little and fitting the comfort rear rails. Hoping to give me and the wife more room me being a fat git! but also being use to huge amounts of room on the Wings.

Then I am hoping my Screaming Eagle SE Pro Super Tuner and the Ovals and the Big Sucker filter will all work well together?  "Thoughts" "Advice" anyone in the UK done the same ?????

So better get saving good job my wife is very understanding with me " Bless Her"

Cheers
enjoy the site

Big D
Big D
UK

vtwincvo

• CVO1: FLHTCSE1
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: FLHTXSE
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2009, 04:13:49 AM »

Then I am hoping my Screaming Eagle SE Pro Super Tuner and the Ovals and the Big Sucker filter will all work well together?  "Thoughts" "Advice" anyone in the UK done the same ?????

Hi Bigderek

I had just mounted Monster Ovals from V&H on my FLHTCUSE4 09 last WE + "Ventilator" SE performance air filter + SE Pro Super Tuner + V&H Power duals
Everything works very well with a lot of power and torque compare to stock (fortunately, considering the budget !!); but my only desappointment is the excessive noise coming from bass resonance in the helmet as is explained by "Egultrac" on this thread. However it seems that he has found a solution to the issue.

Hope this will help

Bigderek

• Big Derek

• CVO1: Harley Davidson CVO Ultra Classic FLHTCUSE4 Electra Glide
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2009, 07:34:32 AM »

Hi Thanks for that any chance of a couple of pictures including the filter system you used?
I read what you said about bass noise (after 35yrs of skeet shooting, game shooting , motorbiking and playing Rock lead guitar) I don't think i will be to worried lol.
Here is what i sent via email to VH tec dep yesterday

On 4/9/09 12:55 AM, "Derek W Cumbers" <derekcumbers@talktalk.net> wrote:

VH Monster Ovals.............. 16755

Hello,

I was recently in the USA on holiday and saw some of these pipes fitted to a HD Electra Glide, I have a 2009 FLHTCSE4 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide, and am trying to become a HD fan after riding and owning Honda GL1800 for the last 9 years.

When I read things like this it gives me cause for concern! After spending some £700 $1000 on a set of VH pipes from MAG Europe I don't have to sit down and modify them to the extent of this chap and others I read of?

Also I am getting comments that they are to heavy for my new bike and that they drag when cornering very easily "I hope not as we have many curves and bends here in Europe!

The pipe I have coming are Part No 16755 and I intend having a Screaming Eagle SE Pro Super Tuner fitted with the pipes and a Big Sucker or similar air cleaner....

Please can you comment re your Exhaust System...........

Regards

Derek

And here is their response?

I have never seen a muffler packed like this. These Monster Ovals are our quietest slip-ons we offer. There are no concerns with cornering clearance. The muffler set weighs 33 lbs.

Thanks

-

Ryan Lewis  |

Vance & Hines
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
p.    562 .921 .7461 
f.    562 .802 .0110

Big D
UK

vtwincvo

• CVO1: FLHTCSE1
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: FLHTXSE
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2009, 09:21:42 AM »

Hi Thanks for that any chance of a couple of pictures including the filter system you used?
I read what you said about bass noise (after 35yrs of skeet shooting, game shooting , motorbiking and playing Rock lead guitar) I don't think i will be to worried lol.
Here is what i sent via email to VH tec dep yesterday

On 4/9/09 12:55 AM, "Derek W Cumbers" <derekcumbers@talktalk.net> wrote:

VH Monster Ovals.............. 16755

Hello,

I was recently in the USA on holiday and saw some of these pipes fitted to a HD Electra Glide, I have a 2009 FLHTCSE4 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide, and am trying to become a HD fan after riding and owning Honda GL1800 for the last 9 years.

When I read things like this it gives me cause for concern! After spending some £700 $1000 on a set of VH pipes from MAG Europe I don't have to sit down and modify them to the extent of this chap and others I read of?

Also I am getting comments that they are to heavy for my new bike and that they drag when cornering very easily "I hope not as we have many curves and bends here in Europe!

The pipe I have coming are Part No 16755 and I intend having a Screaming Eagle SE Pro Super Tuner fitted with the pipes and a Big Sucker or similar air cleaner....

Please can you comment re your Exhaust System...........

Regards

Derek

And here is their response?

I have never seen a muffler packed like this. These Monster Ovals are our quietest slip-ons we offer. There are no concerns with cornering clearance. The muffler set weighs 33 lbs.

Thanks

-

Ryan Lewis  |

Vance & Hines
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
p.    562 .921 .7461 
f.    562 .802 .0110

Hi again Bigderek

I'll post some pictures as soon I'll find the time and the opportunity to take theses pictures, perhaps next week.

Concerning "Ventilator" air filter from SE, you will find it on the US HD site (new parts section), and also if you have the opportunity to see some Roadglide CVO 09 pictures, as it comes stock with these bikes.

About the answer to youtr mail from V&H, it does not astonish me, they can't criticize their own (and new) product.

However they are right when they say that these mufflers are the quietest of their range, it's true, but it is not the level of the sound which is in question but the bass resonnance !

It is also true that we don't have the same ears and the perception of the frequencies may vary from a person to an other.
We have red on this site some friends who are very satisfied with the sound of Monster Ovals and do not mention any issue.

For my part, I like them but I am physically embarrassed by these low frequencies. If I can find in France the material suggested by "Egultrac", I will do the "upgrade".

Have a nice WE

Tinker49

« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »

Any thoughts on the new Vance and Hines Monster Ovals?  Remind me of the SPOs .  V&H is definetely making a PC stement with sayings like "Monster Ovals crush the old saying that more power requires more noise"

http://www.vanceandhines.com/monsterovals08.html

Also full page ad in this months American Iron.

I just had the Monster Ovals put on my '09 Ultra.  I really like the looks and sound of them.  They are a little pricey, but there wasn't much availble yet, and I really like the looks of them.  Did I mention I really like how they look???

charger

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 CUSE3
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2009, 12:16:53 AM »

I put the Monsters on mine (08 CUSE3 Annie) this winter and have about a 1000 K's on them so far (still only in the 40's with some snow still on the ground) I like them more every time I ride.

maac16324

• CVO1: 09 Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 08 Dyna
« Reply #175 on: May 15, 2009, 02:31:46 AM »

Took my new (2600 miles) 09 CVO Ultra Classic into the dealer this morning and had the cat removed, V&H Monster Ovals stuck on, super pro installed, new SE aircleaner and dyno done. Drove the package 20 miles, returned to the dealer and pulled the Monster Ovals off and re-installed the stock SE pipes. Loved the result ... well worth the price but I just couldn't see riding 400 miles a day plus with the Monster Ovals without my head exploding from the low freq. rumble. Personal opinion only.

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2009, 12:36:23 AM »

Same thing I've been saying ::)
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2009, 11:02:30 AM »

Same thing I said early in this thread.  After a 1,500 mile round trip to Milwaukee last August I had to take them off.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 11:10:30 AM by DakotaZeb »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2009, 10:22:35 PM »

When I first installed mine the first few miles they had the ear resonating thing going on and then it stopped. If I drive into a parking garage I can hear it/feel it now, but not out on the open road.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2009, 05:13:48 PM »

I purchased the Vance and Hines Power Duals with the Monster Ovals w/ Black tips....... Best pipes I ever had on a bike, and the Black tips look really nice on the 09........Yeah I am new here just logged in hope this is a decent site.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 24 queries.