Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: I turned it down  (Read 7435 times)

Loose_Goose

• Senior CVO Member
Re: I turned it down
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2005, 12:03:53 PM »

Last March I decided I needed a SEEG.  I searched the internet for about a month.  I found two in Iowa, the guy wanted 32,500.  He said to me "they go for more than that on ebay."  Sounds like a nice HD dealer.  I found one in Quincy, Ill for MSRP.  I travelled 500 miles one way to get mine.  Patience.
12" HD 440s, Freedom pipes, Powercommander, detachable king tourpack, Fastaire 8" windshield, custom made Corbin heated seat and Hogtunes!

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2005, 05:36:18 AM »

[bgcolor=Teal]   LIKE I SAID BEFORE THE SALESMAN IN THE DAYTONA AREA ARE SMOKIN SOMETHING!!!  
[smiley=bigok.gif]  [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]                

[/font]  [/size]  [/bgcolor]

« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 05:38:10 AM by MAVERICK »
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2005, 06:43:19 AM »

Maverick it's not only in Daytona! I think it's the whole state of Flordia!!!! Stay safe.

THE DAWG

BTW I have a friend that is selling at the new dealership in Port Charlotte. I can ask him what they have. I think they sell for MSRP but I'm not sure about a SEEG.  
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Elvis

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rent This Space  
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2005, 06:48:40 AM »

Forget about Port Charlotte...their prices are so bad they make even Rossiters look good....they had a red SEEG not long ago...pretty bike....price?  35K plus TTL.  Stealer.

elvis

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2005, 07:12:55 AM »

The dealer called yesterday to inform me he received a second SEEG, he blinked first so this tells me that he has more interest in selling than I do of buying at this time.

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2005, 05:37:01 PM »

ELVIS I guess the heat fried the brains of the owner. They have been in business for less than 6 months and have already learned the system in flordia. Stay safe.

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2005, 06:58:26 PM »

In our parts we call "the system" something else..........here its known simply as "price fixing".  The salesmen call it "market adjustment" but never seem to be able to explain what it means when asked [smiley=oops.gif]........but its fun to watch 'em squirm [smiley=nervous.gif]. (heck its not their fault, they just happen to work for an HD Stealer  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]).

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2005, 11:11:54 PM »

All of you need to keep turning down the over priced CVO's.  If you ever want to trade, they will just go to book, and allow wholesale.  I bought mine in Aspen, and paid msrp, got over $1300 off the adds, and then convinced the dealer that he should give my wife a jacket at cost for letting me spend so much a my ride.  I have 3 other bikes, so this obviously was not anything but a luxury
I know where there are 2 seeg's not spoken for, one in now, one in June at list
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2005, 08:10:45 AM »

One came into a local shop yesterday that has a deposit, if the guy turns it down its mine. I really don't want to buy out of state, buying local is a better deal in the long term.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2005, 08:49:46 AM »

JimP,

I hope the right deal swings your way, you should buy where "you" are most comfortable!

For me, I've always let price and/or some additional perks dictate where I buy. And I have never ran into a problem with getting service or warranty work done regardless of where I bought the bike!

I have lived in 7 states in the past 10 years and purchased 8 new Harley's in that span from 5 different dealers. Some as close as 2 miles away, others were 500 miles away. Finding the deal "I" wanted was always attainable and can still be found today.(note:most area dealer's are $3k - $5k over msrp on new SEEG"s, found mine 30 miles away at MSRP, sales tax,freight & $150 for title and doc fees).

Good luck! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2005, 09:15:57 AM »

I live in Houston and I purchased both of my Harleys from a dearship that is  family owned and second generation operated today.The dealership has been in business since the late sixties early seventies primarily selling jap bikes. Actually they have two stores now. They started selling Harleys in the early 90s.For the longest time I only remember 2 HD dealership in the Houston area, now there are about 8 within a 100 mile radius.
All are big and flashy which means lots of overhead to me. This of course drives the price up on everything from service, cloths and the bikes.
      I had some what of a history of buying bikes from the dealer that I purchased my FLHTCSE2 but, I dont know if it really mattered?There seems to be a high turnover rate with the employees in bike shops so its rare that anyone stays in the sales or service end of the business very long. I traded my road glide in and felt like I got a good deal and I even got the salesman to talk the parts manager in to giving me credit on some parts that I did not install on the bike.
    So here is the new bike salesman  trying to make a deal to sell me a bike, then there is the used bike manager thats making me an offer for my old bike  and the parts manager giving me credit on my parts and they are all looking out for whats best for THEIR DEPARTMENT.  BOTTOM LINE HERE. ITS ABOUT PROFIT !!! SAD BUT TRUE. No one can stay in business by giving things away. I received  no discounts on any parts or clothing even though I have been a fairly regular customer for more than 20 years. I cant see how any of the motorcycle shops stay in business. Motorcycles are recreational not something we really need.When I was in my teens thats all I could afford was a bike so it was a necessity that I rode one.I truely lived to ride back then. Now its an expensive hobby that some of those HD stealers try to cash in on. Its gotten really out of hand when it costs $ 250.00 to get a bike serviced! [smiley=shocked2.gif]   [smiley=bigok.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2005, 03:01:18 PM »

OK my banana is on the ground in SC and I will go get it next week.  Jimp - here is the deal.  30,810 OTD incl. tax, tag and title (SC registration and tags with a valid address in SC).  I can move the tags down here after 6 months and register in FL w/o additional tax if I want before year end when Prop tax will be due in SC.  Makes a lot of room for add ons.  Works for me.  [smiley=laugh.gif]
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2005, 03:54:39 PM »

OK my banana is on the ground in SC and I will go get it next week.  Jimp - here is the deal.  30,810 OTD incl. tax, tag and title (SC registration and tags with a valid address in SC).  I can move the tags down here after 6 months and register in FL w/o additional tax if I want before year end when Prop tax will be due in SC.  Makes a lot of room for add ons.  Works for me.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

Seems like the sales tax is very low in SC 5%, so you bought below MSRP?

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2005, 05:15:49 PM »

Sales tax in SC is capped at 300 [smiley=7.gif]  Paid MSRP, Freight, title and tag fee plus 300.  They do have a declining scale property tax of around 600/year so I need to get it out before y/e if I want to avoid this.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 05:19:18 PM by pappy2 »
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2005, 05:40:41 PM »

Sales tax in SC is capped at 300 [smiley=7.gif]  Paid MSRP, Freight, title and tag fee plus 300.  They do have a declining scale property tax of around 600/year so I need to get it out before y/e if I want to avoid this.

No chite  [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 20 queries.