Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Shocked and Awed (appalled actually)  (Read 7553 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Shocked and Awed (appalled actually)
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 08:35:25 PM »

Sounds like the Old School Days with AMF

My thoughts exactly David.  The biggest difference is that in the AMF days there weren't a lot of profits to put into improving the product.  Current management doesn't have that excuse, but if they continue pissing off their customers they may rapidly get to that point.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 12:53:42 PM »

The problem is, CVOs are limited production and people are going to buy them.  If they read the postings on this web site, they may not, but the dealers won't admit to having any problems.  I experienced this myself when I traded my '06 SEUC for my Duracell.  In fact I told one of the owners of the dealership about this web site and told him of all the problems I read about.  His response was "I don't believe it"!  He said they had never had one problem with the 110" engines.  I'm still waiting for Donny Petersen to respond in AIM.  This seems to be one of those "the king has no clothes" deals.  What the hell does it take to get some honesty and communication with the MoCo and it's dealers? 
So far I haven't had any issues with my new bike, but I only have 1,300 miles on it.  The biggest problem I have, is that I feel like I could be sitting on a time bomb.  It simply puts a dark cloud over what SHOULD be an extremely positive experience. 
I spent the unbelievably expensive amount required to get the 5 yr. warranty.  The biggest problem I have with it is that it runs concurrently with the original warranty.  I wasn't able to get what I consider a true EXTENDED warranty.
What in the world do you need with an overlapping warranty for the first two years anyway?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 01:31:49 PM »

The problem is, CVOs are limited production and people are going to buy them.  If they read the postings on this web site, they may not, but the dealers won't admit to having any problems.  I experienced this myself when I traded my '06 SEUC for my Duracell.  In fact I told one of the owners of the dealership about this web site and told him of all the problems I read about.  His response was "I don't believe it"!  He said they had never had one problem with the 110" engines.  I'm still waiting for Donny Petersen to respond in AIM.  This seems to be one of those "the king has no clothes" deals.  What the hell does it take to get some honesty and communication with the MoCo and it's dealers? 
So far I haven't had any issues with my new bike, but I only have 1,300 miles on it.  The biggest problem I have, is that I feel like I could be sitting on a time bomb.  It simply puts a dark cloud over what SHOULD be an extremely positive experience. 
I spent the unbelievably expensive amount required to get the 5 yr. warranty.  The biggest problem I have with it is that it runs concurrently with the original warranty.  I wasn't able to get what I consider a true EXTENDED warranty.
What in the world do you need with an overlapping warranty for the first two years anyway?

It's in Harley's myopic short-term best interest to pretend there isn't a problem so they can keep the units rolling out the doors. Only when the backlash hits them in the bottom line will they ever step up and do something about it.

:indian_chief:

KCBlackSheep

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »

I stopped by dealer few days ago and told them about this forum and all the posts about the problems with the 110 .....they said we havent heard anything of the sort.So I gave them the addy for CVO forum to see for themselves (have no idea if they actually took the time to look).The one SE Softail they have has been sitting there for least a month and a half so maybe word has gotten around with customers as to the potential problems they could have with CVO line of Bikes.MoCo should come out and admit they have problem and do everything they can to fix said problem....It would go a long way to showing their Customers and potential customers they truly care about delivering a Great Product!

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2008, 02:17:42 PM »

I stopped by dealer few days ago and told them about this forum and all the posts about the problems with the 110 .....they said we havent heard anything of the sort.So I gave them the addy for CVO forum to see for themselves (have no idea if they actually took the time to look).The one SE Softail they have has been sitting there for least a month and a half so maybe word has gotten around with customers as to the potential problems they could have with CVO line of Bikes.MoCo should come out and admit they have problem and do everything they can to fix said problem....It would go a long way to showing their Customers and potential customers they truly care about delivering a Great Product!

They Don't Care.

Sorry for being blunt, but they don't care. Period. They're selling bikes and until that stops, they won't care. It's pretty simple. They'll do the least they can as long as it doesn't affect the bottom line. If they don't have to address it, they won't. Ignore it and it may go away.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2008, 02:45:42 PM »

They Don't Care.

Sorry for being blunt, but they don't care. Period. They're selling bikes and until that stops, they won't care. It's pretty simple. They'll do the least they can as long as it doesn't affect the bottom line. If they don't have to address it, they won't. Ignore it and it may go away.

I actually took the time to print some of the threads - and pictures and took them to a dealer who doubted the problem existed.  I looked at the pictures with the service manager and general manager.  A few months later, a friend was looking at an 08 SEUC at this dealership - and asked both the sales manager and the service manager about the 110 issues.  They both told him it must be isolated problems, because they had not seen any problems or heard of the issue.  (this was not my prefered dealer, but a dealer in the area....)   >:(   :beatdeadhorse:   :wall:   :sauer024:   :argue:

Another reason to control your own destiny if the you encounter the problem.

The only reason for having a warranty, in my opinion, is for some of the more pricey electronic components...  I don't trust any of them to work on my ride...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 03:20:27 PM »

Unfortunately my friends, this is the way of most American products. Our automotive "Big 3" lived in denial about Toyota, Datsun,etc., until the mistrust of THEIR products forced them to change/improve their marketing-er products. Anyone noticed that their are more foreign auto companies than ever before and American car companies are barely holding on? They have not recovered yet and will they? Does this story sound familiar? HD execs could care less about their product and only about Wall Street, but has anyone watched the stock price? Instead of fixing what they have, they can bring out a "new "product, see Rocker/Crossbones, and deflect the attention away from the issues. I have seen for the first time, commercials for HD on TV. Doesn't this tell us something? It does, and what it says, as I pick up my SEUC Anniversary on Monday, is that despite my whining and awareness of this POS 110, is that I spent 40K and counting and I haven't put a single mile on it yet, and they know it too. They bank on it and that's what drives the machine. I'll keep hoping that they get it right and that mine will be one of the good ones.

bigmuff

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2008, 06:37:21 PM »

Well their stock is at a five-year low.  Perhaps all the quality problems are to blame.  It's sad that American companies just don't seem to understand that if you build a quality product and back it with quality service that people will buy it and become loyal customers.  If you don't, eventually they'll choose another brand.  It just seems that American management is obsessed with profit and the bottom line and doesn't understand long-term thinking.

Years ago I became disenfranchised with American automobiles after having several really poorly made Chevy's and Fords.  So I tried a Toyota.  I've been a loyal Toyota customer since.  Perhaps Chevy and Ford make good products now.  I don't know and I'm not willing to risk finding out the hard way.

I checked out the Yamaha Roadliner the other day.  Supposedly a fantastic engine but damn, one butt-ugly bike.  I'm tempted by Victory as well but not really into the looks of those either.  Harleys look the best but I hate that uncertain feeling that you could break down at any time.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 07:09:21 PM »

Well their stock is at a five-year low.  Perhaps all the quality problems are to blame.  It's sad that American companies just don't seem to understand that if you build a quality product and back it with quality service that people will buy it and become loyal customers.  If you don't, eventually they'll choose another brand.  It just seems that American management is obsessed with profit and the bottom line and doesn't understand long-term thinking.

Years ago I became disenfranchised with American automobiles after having several really poorly made Chevy's and Fords.  So I tried a Toyota.  I've been a loyal Toyota customer since.  Perhaps Chevy and Ford make good products now.  I don't know and I'm not willing to risk finding out the hard way.

I checked out the Yamaha Roadliner the other day.  Supposedly a fantastic engine but damn, one butt-ugly bike.  I'm tempted by Victory as well but not really into the looks of those either.  Harleys look the best but I hate that uncertain feeling that you could break down at any time.

Bigmuff

Everything is at a 5 year low!
The economy sucks and Harely quality or the lack thereof has nothing to do with it.
Keep the Toyota and buy the Yamaha if you desire.
As sales get worse at Harley because you buy another brand that's ok.
When I'm ready for a new bike it will be a Harley, all the hoopla about quality and the economy just saves me money on my purchase.
I appreciate when people save me money!  Thanks!

And FYI,
I wouldn't mind another bike in the stable.
After your Roadliner or Victory is two years old I will give you 20 cents on the dollar for it.
Probably make someone a good starter bike!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 10:57:51 PM »

Unfortunately my friends, this is the way of most American products. Our automotive "Big 3" lived in denial about Toyota, Datsun,etc., until the mistrust of THEIR products forced them to change/improve their marketing-er products. Anyone noticed that their are more foreign auto companies than ever before and American car companies are barely holding on? They have not recovered yet and will they? Does this story sound familiar? HD execs could care less about their product and only about Wall Street, but has anyone watched the stock price? Instead of fixing what they have, they can bring out a "new "product, see Rocker/Crossbones, and deflect the attention away from the issues. I have seen for the first time, commercials for HD on TV. Doesn't this tell us something? It does, and what it says, as I pick up my SEUC Anniversary on Monday, is that despite my whining and awareness of this POS 110, is that I spent 40K and counting and I haven't put a single mile on it yet, and they know it too. They bank on it and that's what drives the machine. I'll keep hoping that they get it right and that mine will be one of the good ones.

Nothing personal, but if you want to send a message to Milwaukee about being tired of lies, chitty quality, and chitty customer service, then quit buying the product until they change their ways.  The only thing that has any real impact these days is the almighty dollar.  You can bitch to them all you want, give them feedback in surveys and focus groups, and post negative comments in online forums until your fingers ache, and not one bit of that will have even the tiniest impact on the management of the MoCo.  However, let sales drop precipitously and profits disappear, and you will either see major changes from management, or major changes in management.  Continuing to exhibit blind loyalty by handing them big bucks for piss poor products is just enabling them to continue on their present course, IMHO.

BTW, it's a real shame that the Big 3 didn't figure out whatever it is in the water or air supply that causes this irrational loyalty toward the MoCo, and then find a way to put it to work for them many years ago.  If they had, we would all still be stuck in 1979, with the Big 3 controlling 90% of the market and taking turns pissing off the customers with lousy quality.  At least Harley's quality would seem normal in that context.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »

Took my bike in today for the 4th time with oil leaking, they do remember seeing a recent service bulletin about 110's leaking oil. Would like to read it and will ask them to get me a copy.
2013 CVO Roadglide

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »

Took my bike in today for the 4th time with oil leaking, they do remember seeing a recent service bulletin about 110's leaking oil. Would like to read it and will ask them to get me a copy.

It probably reads, no such thing.  But in case, here's a non existant new style gasket to try.  If you cut your finger on the liner protruding from the cylinder order the jugs and push the bike in the corner for two weeks.
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 24 queries.