Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65381 times)

vagabond6542

Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2008, 12:21:11 PM »

If you are interested in gas pricing, check out the web site we utilize for pricing to our customers...

http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_home_page.html

Do they have something for the Premium buyers???

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2008, 12:55:11 PM »

Perhaps when we get someone other than an oil man in office, things will change a bit...
And those damned tree huggers! Arrghhh!!! We could literally cut off all outside oil sourcing for a very long time and have them begging!!!   :soapbox:

Flyndyna/sitting duck
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2008, 01:15:26 PM »

Any day now Bush will call for open drilling in all of our National Parks. His comments on Tuesday about increasing wells and refineries were aimed in that direction. For the sake of argument, try to look at this from the viewpoint of your favorite National Park being awash in oil rigs. Yellowstone or Yosemite, or Arcadia or the Grand Canyon to name a few mentioned on the site recently. We all have a place that touches our hearts and renews our spirit. NIMBY doesn't work here. There is a line which we cannot cross as once crossed there is no return.

By the way, tomorrow is national ride your bike to work day. My take is that includes motorcycles.

B B

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #318 on: May 15, 2008, 02:10:53 PM »

$4.89 A GALLON FOR DIESEL HERE TODAY! OUCH :bananarock:

harleydawg57

• Full CVO Member
  • "Raring to go-- but can't go for raring!!"

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG orange/black
« Reply #319 on: May 15, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »

"Bitch loud enough-long enough-someone will notice"
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
HD six speed-True Duals with Samson slip ons- S & S gear drive cams with oiling fuel pump-power commander-Kuyakyn rear adjustable rider pegs-HD tuner-Hawg-Wired amp and speakers w/Sony Tuner xm sat radio-Boogey Lights

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2008, 02:30:30 PM »

"Bitch loud enough-long enough-someone will notice"

Hey..... didn't I just see that same advice in another thread?  :P

:indian_chief:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2008, 06:36:58 PM »

Hey..... didn't I just see that same advice in another thread?  :P

:indian_chief:

It's deja-vu all over again.   ::)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #322 on: May 16, 2008, 05:31:36 PM »

Funny this is one game i don`t want to win but can`y help myself ...... £1.25p  per litre  =  $2.40 = $10.93 per uk gal :orange: :orange: :orange:
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #323 on: May 16, 2008, 06:26:19 PM »

Nige, by the time you get over here, the price may be the same here!!!! :-\

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #324 on: May 16, 2008, 06:31:47 PM »

Funny this is one game i don`t want to win but can`y help myself ...... £1.25p  per litre  =  $2.40 = $10.93 per uk gal :orange: :orange: :orange:
I think when something is sold by a smaller unit measure ( litre vs gallon) it is much easier to charge more for it........pretty soon, we'll be filling our fuel tanks with fuel measured in ounces.  And everything I've ever purchased by the oz. has always been expensive.  :o har!  :drink: spyder                perfume
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #325 on: May 16, 2008, 06:33:38 PM »

I think when something is sold by a smaller unit measure ( litre vs gallon) it is much easier to charge more for it........pretty soon, we'll be filling our fuel tanks with fuel measured in ounces.  And everything I've ever purchased by the oz. has always been expensive.  :o har!  :drink: spyder                perfume
LOL!!! Yea right. ;) :beatnik:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #326 on: May 16, 2008, 07:40:22 PM »

We still have to buy  galls uk gall = 4.54 lt ithink your gall is somethin like 3.85 lt whatever size your galls are there much cheaper than ours ............ one of the few things we have got bigger than yours ! But i still like the US of A .
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #327 on: May 16, 2008, 09:18:20 PM »

So Cyril, how many  Imperial Gallons does your scooter's gas tank hold?   :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #328 on: May 17, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »

In case anyone hasn't noticed the trend over the past few years, all sorts of products are being "repackaged" to fool the consumer.  Visually the package looks the same size, but the actual volume of the product is smaller.  The price per "package" either remains the same or has a small increase, but the price per unit measure of the product goes up significantly.  This may be the ideal time for the USA to finally adopt the metric system, at least for gasoline purchases.  The typical consumer will see that "low price" on the signs, run home and haul out the big SUV, and return for some "cheap" gas.  If it takes as long for them to catch on as it did to figure out the too good to be true financing deals of the mortgage mess, we may be able to save a ton of jobs for the folks building pickup trucks and SUV's.  Maybe I should forward this idea to Billary so she could add a 50% price cut to her moratorium on gas taxes.  I imagine the group that fell for the tax thing would become orgasmic over the price cut.

BTW, anyone notice the latest "repackaging" effort?  Milk prices have exceeded gas prices, so Kroger has come out with a new 3/4 gallon plastic jug.  I haven't figured out yet if there was some sort of pent-up consumer demand for this size, or if someone really thought the average shopper is so slow that they wouldn't notice the new jug of milk takes up less space in the 'fridge. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

old wrench

• Full CVO Member
  • You gota make this work together to get there fast

• CVO1: 2008 FSXTSSE2 Orange
« Reply #329 on: May 17, 2008, 10:35:45 AM »

BTW, anyone notice the latest "repackaging" effort?  Milk prices have exceeded gas prices, so Kroger has come out with a new 3/4 gallon plastic jug.  I haven't figured out yet if there was some sort of pent-up consumer demand for this size, or if someone really thought the average shopper is so slow that they wouldn't notice the new jug of milk takes up less space in the 'fridge. :nixweiss:

Jerry
Maybe they did that so there would not be a 1/4 of a gallon of out dated milk left in the frig  :nixweiss: Like coke did with those half cans  :huepfenlol2: you always see the large can cokes setting around that is half full or half empty that no one finished  :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 72

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.