Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65369 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #345 on: May 20, 2008, 11:25:14 AM »

Thanks Gary, man Nige what a trip. Godspeed  :2vrolijk_21:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #346 on: May 21, 2008, 11:35:44 AM »

We have finally hit $4.00 for regular and diesel is running as high as $4.89.

It won't matter in 6 months, just like the past fuel crisis and shortages, we'll adjust and everyone will keep driving what they want.

The little econo-boxes aren't here to stay just yet IMO, but we will keep seeing more of them.

I just drive the SRT10 Dodge to irritate the tree huggers out here now.

Maybe my prediction of hydrogen cars at the dump when I am 90 and pulling up in my 600 plus HP truck burning dino oil will come true after all.

I guess I better bury a tank of it so I know I'll have some.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #347 on: May 22, 2008, 03:07:57 PM »

WENT to buy diesel two days ago and it was $4.89 went this morning and it was $5.09. I dont know about you guys but its starting to crimp my style! :bananarock:

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #348 on: May 23, 2008, 06:34:23 AM »

Filled up the cage yeaterday with diesel .............

Cost: £1.30 per LITRE - equals approx $2.60 per LITRE

Now this is just gettin durn stoopid!

:'(

Nige

New high on the World Oil Market yesterday - $135.00 per barrel -  :o
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #349 on: May 23, 2008, 10:22:30 PM »

The local news stations here in Dago are advocating people buy motorcycles. 

Frikkin great, just what we need, a bazillion newbie bikers with no idea how to ride all over the highways

B B

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #350 on: May 23, 2008, 10:40:11 PM »

The local news stations here in Dago are advocating people buy motorcycles. 

Frikkin great, just what we need, a bazillion newbie bikers with no idea how to ride all over the highways

B B

:2vrolijk_21:     The local paper here had a big article on scooters instead of motorcycles.  I especially like the ultra high mileage versions they seemed to be promoting that get up to 120 mpg.  They neglected to mention however that those things need a strong tailwind to get out of their own way, and that they are not appropriate or even legal in many areas for highway use.  At least in this area the rush to stupidity will be short lived, since it's highly unlikely the folks who survive the first 6 months of ownership will want to brave a Chicago winter on a scooter. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #351 on: May 23, 2008, 11:10:54 PM »

If gas goes to $7.00 a gallon, WTH, most of us here will fill up both the Motorsickle, and the SUV.  The ones suffering the most are the Independent Truckers, and the Big Trucking firms.  Like it or not, America's needs move by Truck.  Truckers cannot withstand increases in fixed costs such as this.  Their biggest expense used to be payroll.  Now, it's fuel.  Add to that, these new '08 emission Engines bare a substancial increase in initial cost, and produce less fuel economy than the '04 pre-emission Motors.  Our tax dollars at work again.  Government, Government, Government.  Global warming?  Bullchit!  This has to stop somewhere.  Common sense needs to come into play, and the US Government needs to listen to the people that work for a living.  Sad thing is, I think it's too late.  Taxation, rules and regulations, all without representation for the ones of us who provide jobs, and service to our specific markets.  Pi$$es me off, quite frankly.  Fat Teddy, Robert C. Byrd, John D. Rockefeller IV, and the like, makes me puke.  It would take no less than a series of funerals in the US Congress and Senate, to change the face of America.  Later--HUBBARD         
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #352 on: May 25, 2008, 10:31:19 AM »

I wanted to post in this thread so had to search for it and started at post one.  Look back and see what only a short time has done to the prices.  We only wish we could go back to those prices.  It is not looking good at all and is definitely affecting everyone. 

We went to our favorite breakfast spot this morning and in that car that only four years ago I could not put a full $20 in the tank, took $75 to fill.  We saw a lot of police on I-95 so on the way home, Jamey set the cruise control at exactly 60 mph and reset the trip meter.  We went from our normal average of 21 mpg to 34 mpg over a 25 +- trip.  Really need to rethink wasteful travel and excessive speeds at this point.  Everything has gone up, literally everything.  Carl, I think you are really right.  Something really needs to change.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #353 on: May 25, 2008, 10:41:10 AM »

If gas goes to $7.00 a gallon, WTH, most of us here will fill up both the Motorsickle, and the SUV.  The ones suffering the most are the Independent Truckers, and the Big Trucking firms.  Like it or not, America's needs move by Truck.  Truckers cannot withstand increases in fixed costs such as this.  Their biggest expense used to be payroll.  Now, it's fuel.  Add to that, these new '08 emission Engines bare a substancial increase in initial cost, and produce less fuel economy than the '04 pre-emission Motors.  Our tax dollars at work again.  Government, Government, Government.  Global warming?  Bullchit!  This has to stop somewhere.  Common sense needs to come into play, and the US Government needs to listen to the people that work for a living.  Sad thing is, I think it's too late.  Taxation, rules and regulations, all without representation for the ones of us who provide jobs, and service to our specific markets.  Pi$$es me off, quite frankly.  Fat Teddy, Robert C. Byrd, John D. Rockefeller IV, and the like, makes me puke.  It would take no less than a series of funerals in the US Congress and Senate, to change the face of America.  Later--HUBBARD         

Hub,
You are spot on.  When the wife and I were on our trip to Tennessee, we stopped at Travel Centers (more appealing name to the yuppie crowd then truck stops), to get our diesel for the truck.  (Much easier to maneuver a 22' pickup and a 36' 5th wheel.)  Anyway, my point is, while I had sticker shock when my fill-ups were routinely $120, my jaw dropped to the floor when the trucker ahead of me paid just under $1200 for his fill-up!!!  People wonder why our produce costs have risen substantially.  It's the domino effect.  The truckers, especially the indies, can't absorb these rediculous diesel prices and it has to be passed on to the vendors, who then, of course pass it on to the consumer.  It sucks, and we need a "house cleaning" on the hill to change the paralized mindset that there is in Congress.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #354 on: May 25, 2008, 11:31:04 AM »

Hubbard
            Your words ring very true. In short order, Americans are going to see huge runups in the cost of everything. When that happens who knows what the hue and cry from the masses will be. BUT, the politicians as they always do will sell us out to the highest bidder. And NOBODY has deeper pockets than the oil companies. Much as I hate to pile the miles on LD just to commute to work, I will soon be riding LD to work everyday. I drive 350 miles a week to commute, I don't have a choice. Bath Iron Works isn't raising my salary because inflation is running rampant. They are constantly being pushed to drive down costs per ship. My wife's boss isn't offering her more money. If anything they are getting cheap and want her to pay for her own parking. Everybody is squeezing everybody. I have no idea where it's headed but as your wise words indicate, it's gonna get worse still.

B B

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #355 on: May 25, 2008, 11:49:31 AM »

Hubbard
            Your words ring very true. In short order, Americans are going to see huge runups in the cost of everything. When that happens who knows what the hue and cry from the masses will be. BUT, the politicians as they always do will sell us out to the highest bidder. And NOBODY has deeper pockets than the oil companies. Much as I hate to pile the miles on LD just to commute to work, I will soon be riding LD to work everyday. I drive 350 miles a week to commute, I don't have a choice. Bath Iron Works isn't raising my salary because inflation is running rampant. They are constantly being pushed to drive down costs per ship. My wife's boss isn't offering her more money. If anything they are getting cheap and want her to pay for her own parking. Everybody is squeezing everybody. I have no idea where it's headed but as your wise words indicate, it's gonna get worse still.

B B

BB,
I feel your pain.  I commute 108 miles roundtrip everyday and my wife's roundtrip commute is 132 miles daily.   The Feds, which we both are, aren't doing much to help the increased costs.  We get a stippend ($115/month) to take mass-transit, but if I do that exclusively, another $230 a month comes out of my pocket.  And of course, the commuter train that I ride sometimes, runs on diesel, so they are increasing their fares to cover the higher cost of diesel.  There isn't any mass transit available to where my wife works so she has to drive, and consiquently, doesn't get the mass-transit benefit.  I got her a Prius back in '04 and she's got 100K on it now and is averaging 53mpg with it.  Fortunately, she only has to fill once a week on that.  I bought a Street Glide and will leave it painfully stock for now, to enjoy the 42-45 mpg it will supposedly get.  (My SEUC, on a good day will get me about 32-34 mpg, but normally around 30 mpg).  It's painful, and nothing is being done by the clowns on the hill, except to compain to a bunch of corporate bozos from the oil industry, who could give a crap less how much we're being soaked for fuel, as long as they're getting their $12.5M annual compensation salary.   :soapbox:

2012 FLHXSE3

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #356 on: May 25, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »

...It's painful, and nothing is being done by the clowns on the hill, except to com pain to a bunch of corporate bozos from the oil industry, who could give a crap less how much we're being soaked for fuel, as long as they're getting their $12.5M annual compensation salary.   :soapbox:

Yeah, I heard that too.  One of them professed that he was just an ordinary guy and he was also feeling the pain.

I am thinking he has not had to buy groceries in years, or fill up his own car.  He for sure does not have children that he wonders how he is going to feed and cloth as these costs double and triple because of the cost of fuel.  Not that I do either, but I wonder how the young families are going to be able to overcome this accelerated increase in cost?  We need our truck drivers, can't exist without them.  I have to drive to work to make the car payment and the mortgage payment, but I may be a little more caustious.  BUt when I get to teh store, it is getting harder and harder.  If we all stop going to restauraunts those business will be affected. If we all stop drycleaning so much and start to wash our own dress shirts that effects those businesses.  It really doesn't stop.  Gas cannot keep going up at this rate without really hurting those that really can't afford it the most.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #357 on: May 25, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »

Yeah, I heard that too.  One of them professed that he was just an ordinary guy and he was also feeling the pain.

I am thinking he has not had to buy groceries in years, or fill up his own car.  He for sure does not have children that he wonders how he is going to feed and cloth as these costs double and triple because of the cost of fuel.  Not that I do either, but I wonder how the young families are going to be able to overcome this accelerated increase in cost?  We need our truck drivers, can't exist without them.  I have to drive to work to make the car payment and the mortgage payment, but I may be a little more caustious.  BUt when I get to teh store, it is getting harder and harder.  If we all stop going to restauraunts those business will be affected. If we all stop drycleaning so much and start to wash our own dress shirts that effects those businesses.  It really doesn't stop.  Gas cannot keep going up at this rate without really hurting those that really can't afford it the most.

Wouldn't you just love to be an "ordinary guy" like him?  You're right, he probably doesn't buy his own groceries, (the nutritionist they have probably does), and part of his compensation package is free fuel for his vehicles.  Yeah, I want that kind of "pain-feeling ordinary". 

2012 FLHXSE3

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #358 on: May 25, 2008, 12:59:28 PM »

diesel $5.28 down the street from my place OUCH! COST $185.00 TO FILL UP MY F-250

vagabond6542

« Reply #359 on: May 25, 2008, 01:38:32 PM »

This is it.

Whew..... I wish you safe traveling, that is an ambitious route.
How many miles is the route?
 :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Answered my own question, 6,324 Miles.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 01:42:43 PM by vagabond6542 »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 72

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 21 queries.