Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65436 times)

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #555 on: June 20, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »

And not refined like regular unleaded??????????????????????????????????????????? >:(
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #556 on: June 20, 2008, 01:25:46 PM »

$5 a gallon diesel in the near future......

For stuff that was cheaper than gas for years.   :nixweiss:

Costs less to refine also...its about 3-4 steps earlier then gas if I recall.

TAXES

Sean

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #557 on: June 20, 2008, 02:57:12 PM »

When gas sold for $.19 a gallon, not sure what the tax cut was.  But figure it was less than a nickel then.  Now it's 40-50 cents or more per gallon.  Another govt. piggy program to feed. 

:soapbox:  There should be ZERO Fed. deductions and ONCE each year we should be required to write a check (or send an E-transfer) of our TOTAL federal tax obligations.  (Gas tax, tire taxes, income tax, SS tax, etc., etc., etc.)  The amount would stagger those of us who are paying taxes, and we MIGHT elect pols who would do more than mouth yadda yaddas when confronted with the bills we pay for their PORK.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

REGGAB

« Reply #558 on: June 20, 2008, 03:12:13 PM »

That $160 worth of diesel I put in the ton truck awhile back...........is still in there.  The ton truck is parked.  I'm riding the motorcycles when it ain't raining or Renea's truck when it is.  Mr Heckler and Mr. Koch make sure no one siphons off my diesel while we're at home, and Ms. Annie Bea and Mr. Springer stand guard when we're not here to bring Mr. H&K to bear, ready willing and able to rip off a leg or arm.........if required.  I really like those H&Ks tho'................fine pieces of artiller.............I mean weaponry.

Anyway...........the ton truck is full of diesel and will likely stay that way.  Heck I can't afford to fill it up again...............and no one will buy the damn thing with the price of D2 as high as it is.  CHIT!

Quoting myself.........OK, so I had to drive the ton truck today.  Went to Rome, GA to drop off some stuff for Vgirl to sell in her new shop.  I nursed it along.  That big Cummins will actually get 22 mpg and better if I can keep my foot out of the fuel pump.  I was rather impressed.  It took alot of discipline to keep from rompin' on it, but at today's diesel prices.....................a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #559 on: June 20, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »

Quoting myself.........OK, so I had to drive the ton truck today.  Went to Rome, GA to drop off some stuff for Vgirl to sell in her new shop.  I nursed it along.  That big Cummins will actually get 22 mpg and better if I can keep my foot out of the fuel pump.  I was rather impressed.  It took alot of discipline to keep from rompin' on it, but at today's diesel prices.....................a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Henry,

Am doing the same as you.

Figured out a good while back that if I drove closer to 70 than 80 mph, I got a few extra MPGs in the Charger.  Plus I don't have to watch as much for FLHP radar speed traps, which seem to be everywhere now.  Notice they catch a LOT of out of state speeders.  Adds a few minutes to the trips I suppose.  Hope V's store does well.

REGGAB

« Reply #560 on: June 20, 2008, 03:26:35 PM »

Henry,

Am doing the same as you.

Figured out a good while back that if I drove closer to 70 than 80 mph, I got a few extra MPGs in the Charger.  Plus I don't have to watch as much for FLHP radar speed traps, which seem to be everywhere now.  Notice they catch a LOT of out of state speeders.  Adds a few minutes to the trips I suppose.  Hope V's store does well.

;D  My numbers are "closer to 60 than 70"..............and I prefer 80, but that just isn't doable anymore with a diesel.........unless you are well resourced.   :(

I think V's shop is gonna do very well.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #561 on: June 20, 2008, 04:35:33 PM »

Glad to hear her shop should do well.

I'd rather drive 100 mph (and I used to fairly often on a few stretches of road) but have decided that in my elderly declining years of semi-senility that I will ride the bikes faster & drive the cars/trucks slower.  Suppose I am just humoring myself, but I get tired of spending $300 a week on gas.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #562 on: June 20, 2008, 04:43:15 PM »

When gas sold for $.19 a gallon, not sure what the tax cut was.  But figure it was less than a nickel then.  Now it's 40-50 cents or more per gallon.  Another govt. piggy program to feed. 

...and a free six pack of Coke with a fill up  :2vrolijk_21:  Doc

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #563 on: June 20, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »

The energy crisis we are facing is due to a government that doesn't work.  Any idiot could see this coming, and even now the secular progressive tree huggers are keeping us from developing our national resources.  
I got so depressed about fuel prices, I was seriously thinking of "ending it all".  I was watching TV and saw an ad for some suicide help line.  -Thought I'd give it a try.  WTF!  Anyway, with all the outsourcing, I think an Arab answered the phone.  When I told him I was suicidal, he asked me if I had a CDL or knew how to pilot a plane.  He told me he would put me on hold to talk to some guy named Allah.  I think he said that was who was in charge of the DMV.  They promised me a one way ticket to Iran, and a FREE tank of gas once I got there!  I guess I get a choice of a short or long fuse. :orange:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 05:08:25 PM by Steve G »
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

BadDawg

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #564 on: June 20, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »

Funny post!      ;D :tekst-toppie:
2000 SE Roadglide
1995 Nostalgia

The only mark you'll make in life is on your shorts.

REGGAB

« Reply #565 on: June 21, 2008, 12:23:38 AM »

Glad to hear her shop should do well.

I'd rather drive 100 mph (and I used to fairly often on a few stretches of road) but have decided that in my elderly declining years of semi-senility that I will ride the bikes faster & drive the cars/trucks slower.  Suppose I am just humoring myself, but I get tired of spending $300 a week on gas.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............we must get together the next time Renea and I are down at The Outpost.  Haven't been to Blackcreek in two years now.  We'll be visiting later this year...............September, perhaps.  What is it............Walton County Rd 3280 that runs between FL20 and US331?  I love that road at 100mph on a Bagger.   :2vrolijk_21:  I hope that place hasn'r changed much.  We used to hang out there every Sunday afternoon when we lived closer.  We'll be lodging in Seaside, FL this time.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #566 on: June 21, 2008, 10:17:21 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...............we must get together the next time Renea and I are down at The Outpost.  Haven't been to Blackcreek in two years now.  We'll be visiting later this year...............September, perhaps.  What is it............Walton County Rd 3280 that runs between FL20 and US331?  I love that road at 100mph on a Bagger.   :2vrolijk_21:  I hope that place hasn'r changed much.  We used to hang out there every Sunday afternoon when we lived closer.  We'll be lodging in Seaside, FL this time.

Lisa & I would love to meet up with you at the Outpost.  From memory, that's where it is. Good straight road for "theorectically" traveling faster than the legally posted speed limit.   ;D

Let me know when the time gets closer & we will plan a trip over to meet up with you & Renea.

:2vrolijk_21:

BigR55

« Reply #567 on: June 21, 2008, 02:31:15 PM »

They promised me a one way ticket to Iran, and a FREE tank of gas once I got there!  I guess I get a choice of a short or long fuse.   

Don't fall for that offer. The Chithead was keeping those 21 virgins for himself. Get the full meal deal or tell him to look for another volunteer! :D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #568 on: June 21, 2008, 03:00:47 PM »

I don't care a rat's a$$ if you drill for oil in the middle of Yosemite or Yellowstone. You can drill, pump, refine and bring to market a bazillion barrels and it's not gonna bring the price down. You're talking Supply Side economics which went the way of the dinosaurs with the Reagan Administration. Every aspect of world economy today is driven by demand and thanks to us ( in our thirst for more and cheaper everything ) creating a new middle class in China and India and there are now about 20 million more people driving cars than a few years ago. And oh yeah, a few million or so in the former Soviet block countries. So don't expect demand to go away either. And do you really think that having proven that they can charge $4 a gallon and get away with it that you'll ever see gas below that price again. So drill , drill, drill -- -anywhere and everywhere you want. I honestly don't care. You can drill in my back yard if it makes you happy. Getting the oil out of the ground is just a convenient excuse so people like you expend all your energy on ranting about the liberals costing you money. You're focused on supply and supply isn't the issue. The issue is demand. And whether you agree or not, again, I couldn't care less, but the only way to deal with demand is to design and build cars that don't run on fossil fuels. Now you can call that a pinko commie left wing tree huggin liberal idiot idea if you want, but there is one certainty in this whole issue. Sooner or later, maybe later if we drill anywhere and everywhere, but at some point, the oil will run out. I don't care what you do, but when that happens I sure as hell don't want a fossil fuel vehicle in my driveway.

:soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

B B

Just wanted to bump this to the top of the thread as what I'm saying above has been making the rounds of Glenn Beck, Hannity and others this past week. Hmmmmmmmmm I'm on the same page as the right wing mouthpieces. Now there's a novelty.

B B

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #569 on: June 22, 2008, 03:02:52 AM »

most i have paid so far saturday 21st June 75lt  £99.69p = $188.41 diesel.....tax value..(vat & fuel duty combined=) :'(.......  $98.94
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 72

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 21 queries.