Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 72

Author Topic: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.  (Read 65431 times)

vagabond6542

Re: Gas price!!!!!!!! OUCH.
« Reply #585 on: June 22, 2008, 03:54:16 PM »

Terry,
You guys sound like HD now...MSRP + for a Prius.  Last I checked a fully loaded Prius goes for about $29K, if you're selling them now for $34K, that's a tidy $5K gouging profit (the owner of your dealership isn't Fat Bastard is it?)...it's all supply and demand, just like the oil prices.  The car dealerships are just as guilty of ripping the consumers off as big oil is.  In that sense, you're no different then big oil.  If the owner of dealerships were actually concerned about the environment and saving fuel costs, they wouldn't be gouging their customers like that and would be pushing the more fuel efficient vehicles by passing on incentives to the customer, not ripping them off.  Now, all your talk about saving costs over the life of the vehicle on gas gets wiped out by the $5K + gouge the owner has placed on the car.  Doesn't hurt your 3% commission either.  My wife has a Prius that we bought in 04 and paid MSRP and most dealerships were asking $1500 over for it because they were very popular.  It boils down to everybody talks bold about saving fuel and buying energy efficient vehicles, but the consumer/customer get screwed.  

Didn't you know in the business world, opportunity is presented by calamity. Of course the dealerships are going to go above MSRP to make profit. The problem with the senario is, "Be careful for what you ask for" syndrome is present and cascades into other avenues of the economy.  Therefore you are _ucked. :nervous:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #586 on: June 22, 2008, 03:57:52 PM »

My advice to those who have one of these vehicles and don't really NEED it for the purpose it was intended, is either take the hit and get rid of it, finance the negative equity into a new loan, and get something they actually can afford to operate, using the gas savings dollars to help offset the higher payment, and get it paid for, or pay on it for 4 years, and they will at least be even on the next trade.  fuel in what you want to drive.

"Finance the negative equity!"

Did he really say, "Finance the negative equity?"

That is one of the many things that is wrong with our nation today!
Finance something you don't even own.
IMHO that is as stupid as anything I have ever heard.

Lets buy something and pay more than what it's worth.
Then add thousands of dollars in extra's to it and charge that to the credit card.
Then when times get tough sell it for a loss and or "finance the negative equity".
Then every month make payments on that negative equity and make payment on the charge card for something you do not even posses.
That may be the new American Way but it is not mine and never will be.

Terry, we love you and Suzanne to death but due to your situation you have become what I would have to call a "Toyota Moonie", one that lives and breathes every word that giant corporation feeds you to help you sell their product. That's not the Terry I know and I am very dissappointed to think you would post about "financing negative equity" to members of this site. I'm not sure what Toyota says about the percentage of people that will believe that crap but I really think most of the member of this site are smarter than that.

********************************************************************************************************************

And Henry
The powerstroke only gets 17.5 mpg but you are an inspiration.
I'm going to baby it for a few day to see how much better I can do!
I doubt if I can hit your 22 but going to give it a try!
Your da man!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #587 on: June 22, 2008, 04:16:13 PM »

I understand, Henry.

However, I'll put a Toyota Tundra with crew cab, towing package (10,800lbs), 5.7 liter, 381HP/401TQ, up against ANY truck in it's class, and I will guarantee superior performance in every single regard.

I wouldn't know, Terry, and at the risk of further enhancing my asshole status on the website, I really don't care, since 1/2 ton trucks don't interest me.  Now, when them Toyoter folks start making a one ton dually truck with a TRUE diesel (in-line six) then I might allow my interest to pique.  I may be wrong, but I don't think so  ::) ...............A Tundra is nowhere near the same class as my truck, and I'm pretty sure that if I can keep my foot out of the CP4, I'll get better mileage than that Tundra........................but now we're seeing who can pee the farthest!.................and doing the research ain't worth my time since..................The bottom line is, I ain't gettin' rid of my truck.  It's a good truck with an awesome engine that'll be around long after I'm dead and gone.

vagabond6542

« Reply #588 on: June 22, 2008, 04:19:21 PM »

"Finance the negative equity!"

Did he really say, "Finance the negative equity?"

That is one of the many things that is wrong with our nation today!
Finance something you don't even own.
IMHO that is as stupid as anything I have ever heard.

Lets buy something and pay more than what it's worth.
Then add thousands of dollars in extra's to it and charge that to the credit card.
Then when times get tough sell it for a loss and or "finance the negative equity".
Then every month make payments on that negative equity and make payment on the charge card for something you do not even posses.
That may be the new American Way but it is not mine and never will be.

Terry, we love you and Suzanne to death but due to your situation you have become what I would have to call a "Toyota Moonie", one that lives and breathes every word that giant corporation feeds you to help you sell their product. That's not the Terry I know and I am very dissappointed to think you would post about "financing negative equity" to members of this site. I'm not sure what Toyota says about the percentage of people that will believe that crap but I really think most of the member of this site are smarter than that.

********************************************************************************************************************

And Henry
The powerstroke only gets 17.5 mpg but you are an inspiration.
I'm going to baby it for a few day to see how much better I can do!
I doubt if I can hit your 22 but going to give it a try!
Your da man!

Chip,
This is one time I cannot differ with you with all of this post.
And I agree on this statement, "but I really think most of the member of this site are smarter than that".
 :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

George

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #589 on: June 22, 2008, 04:24:27 PM »

I wouldn't know, Terry, and at the risk of further enhancing my asshole status on the website, I really don't care, since 1/2 ton trucks don't interest me.  Now, when them Toyoter folks start making a one ton dually truck with a TRUE diesel (in-line six) then I might allow my interest to pique.  I may be wrong, but I don't think so  ::) ...............A Tundra is nowhere near the same class as my truck, and I'm pretty sure that if I can keep my foot out of the CP4, I'll get better mileage than that Tundra........................but now we're seeing who can pee the farthest!.................and doing the research ain't worth my time since..................The bottom line is, I ain't gettin' rid of my truck.  It's a good truck with an awesome engine that'll be around long after I'm dead and gone.

Henry,
I agree with you 100%.  When a Teeyooter can pull my 36ft 5th Wheel and get me 11-12 mpg at 70mph, then I might consider that.  When they can put a bullet-proof 610TQ/325HP, in-line six, engine in a 3/4 ton body that can do that and get me 20 mpg when not towing, then I'll consider it, but until then, I'll keep my Ram 2500.  I don't like the price of diesel right now, but there's nothing out there made by the folks from the land of the rising sun that will serve my needs and get me better gas mileage.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #590 on: June 22, 2008, 04:34:50 PM »

I'm going to toss a curveball into this discussion - - - - - - - Pleasure. Enjoying your life and those things you buy to enhance it. I sold my 2003 Black and Silver 100th Anniversary Edition Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson Supercharged Supercrew when gas hit $3/gallon.  I loved that truck. Loved it more than any vehicle with four wheels I ever owned. Loved it with a passion. So why did I sell it ? Because I made a purely economic decision which is what this thread is mostly about. I had 18 months to go on the payment of $620 a month. I was buying 25 gallons per week of Premium gasoline at $3/gallon and the insurance was costing me $157/month because the vehicle was rated high performance, high theft . I sold it for $3,000 OVER book value so I paid off the loan and had some cash left over. I bought a new 2008 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab with a 3l engine and 5 speed automtaic trans. Single CD player, AC and power windows , door locks etc. In short the best Ranger I could find. I effin HATE the MF. Okay, let's get that straight right outa the box I sold my all time most favorite 4 wheel vehicle to buy something I hate. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my Harley truck. I used to get thumbs up and waves from adults and little kids alike in that H-D truck. Like everything I own, I kept it clean and polished 99% of the time. Now I ride around in a Joe Schmoe little truck that tilts to the side I'm sitting on because I'm too effin big for the Mutha Effa. BUT, I'm saving more than the cost of the Schmuck Truck in gas alone every month to say nothing of the payment and insurance (my insurance is now $56/month) I saved so much the wife has a brand new Mitsu rocket sled (HER favorite car ever) OH yeah and the absolute worst part ?  I'm on the verge of being retired with a decent disability/retirement package so the H-D truck could have sat in the yard, gotten tender loving care and grown old with me. Bottom Line ?

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT GAS AND MONEY WITHOUT INCLUDING HAPPINESS

B B
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 04:38:42 PM by SPIDERMAN »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #591 on: June 22, 2008, 04:46:40 PM »

Bottom Line ?

B B

Amen to that Bro!! :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #592 on: June 22, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »

B B

Good point BB!
No matter how much gas it burns, how can there be any happiness in making payment on something you don't own.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #593 on: June 22, 2008, 04:59:57 PM »

I'm going to toss a curveball into this discussion - - - - - - - Pleasure. Enjoying your life and those things you buy to enhance it. I sold my 2003 Black and Silver 100th Anniversary Edition Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson Supercharged Supercrew when gas hit $3/gallon.  I loved that truck. Loved it more than any vehicle with four wheels I ever owned. Loved it with a passion. So why did I sell it ? Because I made a purely economic decision which is what this thread is mostly about. I had 18 months to go on the payment of $620 a month. I was buying 25 gallons per week of Premium gasoline at $3/gallon and the insurance was costing me $157/month because the vehicle was rated high performance, high theft . I sold it for $3,000 OVER book value so I paid off the loan and had some cash left over. I bought a new 2008 Ford Ranger XLT extended cab with a 3l engine and 5 speed automtaic trans. Single CD player, AC and power windows , door locks etc. In short the best Ranger I could find. I effin HATE the MF. Okay, let's get that straight right outa the box I sold my all time most favorite 4 wheel vehicle to buy something I hate. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my Harley truck. I used to get thumbs up and waves from adults and little kids alike in that H-D truck. Like everything I own, I kept it clean and polished 99% of the time. Now I ride around in a Joe Schmoe little truck that tilts to the side I'm sitting on because I'm too effin big for the Mutha Effa. BUT, I'm saving more than the cost of the Schmuck Truck in gas alone every month to say nothing of the payment and insurance (my insurance is now $56/month) I saved so much the wife has a brand new Mitsu rocket sled (HER favorite car ever) OH yeah and the absolute worst part ?  I'm on the verge of being retired with a decent disability/retirement package so the H-D truck could have sat in the yard, gotten tender loving care and grown old with me. Bottom Line ?

B B
Just to make you remember what you gave up. [I am so mean]
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #594 on: June 22, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »

We still have ours, but honestly, it does not get many trips out of the yard, and it was never purchased to work hard. It's only job was to look good.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #595 on: June 22, 2008, 05:02:21 PM »

Just to make you remember what you gave up. [I am so mean]

Damn!, What a beautiful truck!
Has it been lowered?

:nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #596 on: June 22, 2008, 05:04:31 PM »

Ya It was so sweet and I to Sold it and am kicking my self every day!
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #597 on: June 22, 2008, 05:05:58 PM »

We still have ours, but honestly, it does not get many trips out of the yard, and it was never purchased to work hard. It's only job was to look good.

My poor F-150 just sits now...  Head unit died week or so back...no rush to replace it. 

Can't be good for it to sit, but not good for my wallet to drive it.   :nixweiss:

Sean

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #598 on: June 22, 2008, 05:12:25 PM »

I have a Frontier that serves the same purpose.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #599 on: June 22, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »

Does it out do a 325/600 Cummings, 6-speed manual with a 373 rear end?  I forgot to mention it's a electronic shift 4X4 dually.  If interested in specs, Look up the "04" Laramie by Dodge.
This puppy will haul a 35ft fifth wheel, GVW of 16k with no trouble. I'd like to see the Tundra do that.
That is the reason this engine will on its best day give 15.2 mpg. :oops:

The Toyota Tundra half ton truck and the big 1 ton Dodge are not even
close to being in the same class.  He said in the same class.

Look TC is just trying to make a living selling cars, it is not an easy
job. Have any of you tried it? He seems to be knowledgable about
his product and probably 95% of the people who want to trade
are upside down in their auto. He has no choice but to finance
the negative equity if he wants to sell a car and pay his bills.

You guys can be pretty cruel, lighten up on him. Remember
he is our friend isn't he?

TC, I hope you sell a lot of cars and that things are getting better
for you!! :2vrolijk_21:

Mark
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 72

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 25 queries.