Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Cam Choice  (Read 6493 times)

mbegalla

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Cam Choice
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2008, 09:56:53 AM »

I agree with most here, change the cams not the exhaust, when I installed Rineharts on my 06 FLHTCUSE, I lost alot of bottom end, was not too happy, after all when the bike stock ,I was able to pull the wheels slightly on this heavy bike, I added Thunder monster baffles(Big city Thunder), made a big  improvement, but still not what I was looking for, until I installed the Redshift 575,w/fueling lifters, race pump and plate, I am very happy, pulls stumps, very torquey cam, super midrange, and will pull until 6200(where I have my power commander set up),I dont regulary rev to 6200.....just a note it is a good set up, I think It is the bst choice for a stock 103 (heads and bottom end) I dont think there is a better set up available.
MBEGALLA
Rinehart True Duals with thunder Monster Baffles
Zippers Redshift 575 cam(gear driven)Feuling, all the way
Doherty Power Pak with powervents
Dyno @ 108 HP & 115 TQ ....FUN!! custom MAP on Dyno

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »

This is off the Latus web site, now you have to pay to see their dyno charts, this is a 95", but gives you an idea.
One thing about Mike Stegman at Latus Motors if you notice where the rpms start on the chart, they show from 1k on up most only show 2k on up.

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 03:03:24 PM »

Haven't heard about the Thunder Monster Baffles.  Do they (replace the std. baffles) fit in the Reinharts?  How about noise louder, quieter, or the same?

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 11:29:17 AM »

Read some info on the Zippers 575 and the Freedom 14's but from what I can gather is these are both more of a mid to top cam.  I am looking for something that will pull tree stumps!!  My RK is an AMS 95", with their head work and TW26G cams.  Over 90 ft/lb of torque @ 2200 rpm.  The dyno on my SEEG is 76 ft/lb torque @ 2500 and then dips a bit.  I'm hoping that the change from the Reinharts will help but I know the stock CVO cams suck.

Will be going with AMS lifters and adj. pushrods.  Probably the PClll over the SERT.

Chris

Chris,
If you got the Rinehart setup with the stepped headers, you will lose some bottom-end torque for some upper-end horsepower. That's due to the nature of the stepped headers.  There are many on here that are running the Zippers 575's and are very happy with them.  Pair that with a good 2-in-1 exhaust like the Vance and Hines Pro Pipe or D&D Fat Cats and you will realize some good "seat-of-the-pants dyno" low to mid-range torque.  If you like the two-pipe look for a bagger, D&D offers a "ghost pipe" for the left side to give the balanced look.  On my SEUC, I'm running V&H true duals (non-stepped) and V&H Ovals.  On the Street Glide, I opted for the single-pipe look and went with the V&H Pro Pipe.  (If you can't tell, I'm kinda partial to Vance and Hines.  ;) )

:devil: 

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 12:03:34 PM »

Nice dyno numbers (and torque curve) with the Slip-ons.  That is what I'm looking for out of this bike.  Now you have me thinking about taking the Reinharts off again......

Ordered the Zippers 575 cams and S&S gear drives and install kit today.  Still shopping for the Feuling Oil Pump.  Is the oil pump a "must do"?   Didn't change the pump on my 95" Road King (head work and TW26G cams also) and no worries there.  Over budget now and the $400 or so for the feuling set up will only make it worse.

Chris

Yes it is a must do. Believe me it cheap insurance for your motor. It may seem like a lot now but your motor will thank you down the road.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

mbegalla

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 08:14:23 PM »

I completely agree with dawg!   my 103 is running a power commander maped on a dyno with zippers 575 cam, made just for the 103, fueling race pump, and feuling support plate, lifters and pushrods, it is a gear driven cam..also just to note, running Rinehart true duals with big city thunder monster baffles and Doherty power pac...pure heaven...lots of TQ and approaching 115 HP,,,I love this set up, it is near if not perfect for my FLHTCUSE
MBEGALLA

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 06:42:50 AM »

I completely agree with dawg!   my 103 is running a power commander maped on a dyno with zippers 575 cam, made just for the 103, fueling race pump, and feuling support plate, lifters and pushrods, it is a gear driven cam..also just to note, running Rinehart true duals with big city thunder monster baffles and Doherty power pac...pure heaven...lots of TQ and approaching 115 HP,,,I love this set up, it is near if not perfect for my FLHTCUSE

Those are some good numbers for that motor. It sounds like a great set up, Who did the map?

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

mbegalla

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 07:43:26 AM »

Hi Chris, the thunder monster baffle, by Big city Thunder(check their website)http://www.bigcitythunder.com/
go in the end of the head pipe in "addition" to the regular baffles, give back some of the torque lost by the Rineharts, also they are not louder, just a deeper , throaty sound.
MBEGALLA

mbegalla

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 07:51:27 AM »

Yes Dawg...those are indeed good numbers, this was the best run on the Dyno, it was extensively tuned on the Dyno with several custom maps (power commander) by Mickeys Rolling Thunder, I will post the scctual Dyno sheets on here soon..best thing is the TQ peaked at 3550 RPM and fell off just slightly to 5000, then drops , HP was on a good curve peaking at 5700 111 on its best run
MBEGALLA

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 09:02:52 AM »

Great, looking forward to seeing the dyno sheets.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2008, 02:27:16 PM »

OK, got all the parts.  Will be doing this over the weekend.  I remember reading about clearance betwen the cam lobes and the cases.  Is this just on the inside (crank side) of the cam?  Also, I'm guessing that you just fit the cam into the inner bearing and measure the clearance between the lobes and the case?  And the clearance should be .060?

Any other tips?

Also looking for a SERT map for a stock motor with SE A/C and Reinharts and a SERT map for the 575 cams, SE A/C and Reinharts.

Thanks

Chris

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2008, 08:42:52 PM »

Almost done.  Cams, Gear Drives and Feuling parts went in easily.  I have to re-adjust the pushrods as I have a "tick" in one of the lifters/valves - I always seem to have trouble with this.

Ran it today with a SERT map from the "library" and the Reinharts.  Ran real strong from about 3K on up.  Still looking for better bottom end so I'm going to try the stock headpipes and the 98B SE Slip-ons to see how it runs.  I have until Tuesday to play with the pipes ans then it goes to the tuner.  Hoping for a seat-of the-pants comparison between the two before the dyno tune.

Thanks to all for their "advice"!!!!

Chris

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2008, 10:16:48 PM »

Chris good luck on the treadmill. Kepp us posted.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
2020 CVO Limited

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »

Looks like the stock system with the 98B's will stay.  MUCH better pull from 2400 on up.  The Reinharts didn't come on until 3K.  Both pull strong up to 4K - thats as far as I went - holy chit MUCH better than the stock cams.

Looks like I'll have some Reinharts for sale soon!

Chris
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.324 seconds with 25 queries.