Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: New HD sert  (Read 3908 times)

Spike

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 vrscse-sold
    • CVO2: 07 flhrse
New HD sert
« on: May 11, 2008, 12:34:13 PM »

I had a little talk with a good friend of mine that works at one of the shops in town and he was telling me that the new sert's were being made by Vance & Hines now. He said the "super serts" that are being made by the old vendor would now void the warranty. I just wonder if the old ones that most of us have now would void out our warranties since the moco is trying every way possible to weasel out of their end of the deal. Does anyone even have one of the new HD serts yet?

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 1981 FXSS
    • CVO2: 1983 FXRT
    • Big Boyz Head Porting
Re: New HD sert
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 01:43:41 PM »

The New SERTs are the "Super SERT" and are not being made by the old vendor of the SERT.  The old vendor was TTS http://www.ttspowersystems.com/

The New vendor of the Super SERT is Kent-Moore http://www.servicesolutions.spx.com/welcome.html they make test equipment including the Digital Technician http://harleytools.spx.com/main.aspx

Vance & Hines is not associated with the SERT in anyway that I am aware of.  The Current and only available EFI ECM remapping tool available from Harley to the public is the Super SERT.

We have used the New Super SERT many times now and you can find a post on it here .... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=23027.0
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 04:18:38 PM by springer- »

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 05:44:54 PM »

The New SERTs are the "Super SERT" and are not being made by the old vendor of the SERT.  The old vendor was TTS http://www.ttspowersystems.com/

The New vendor of the Super SERT is Kent-Moore http://www.servicesolutions.spx.com/welcome.html they make test equipment including the Digital Technician http://harleytools.spx.com/main.aspx

Vance & Hines is not associated with the SERT in anyway that I am aware of.  The Current and only available EFI ECM remapping tool available from Harley to the public is the Super SERT.

We have used the New Super SERT many times now and you can find a post on it here .... http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=23027.0

Springer thanks for the update. My dealer is telling me that these have not been released by H-D yet and that there is no date of release that they can get from Moco. Does that make any sense? My dealer talked me into the PCIII and it would not marry with my 08 SEUC so they offered to trade me no charge for a Super SERT pending the release so I am waiting now 6 weeks. Any factual first hand info you may have would be appreciated.
Ride Safe! :coolblue:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 07:42:49 AM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:36:54 PM »

I thought the new 'Super SERT' has been out for a couple months now.

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 07:57:23 PM »

It's been out and I got one the other day.

The part number is 32109-08  list price $549.95

And the cable part number is 32184-08    list price $39.95

If you want the Instructional Training DVD the part number is 32101-08  list price $29.95

And if you look at the thread started by Springer he even shows you some nice screen shots of the software and gives a good explanation of the features.

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 10:05:07 PM »

I had a little talk with a good friend of mine that works at one of the shops in town and he was telling me that the new sert's were being made by Vance & Hines now. He said the "super serts" that are being made by the old vendor would now void the warranty. I just wonder if the old ones that most of us have now would void out our warranties since the moco is trying every way possible to weasel out of their end of the deal. Does anyone even have one of the new HD serts yet?

It doesn't matter which version of the SERT (or other tuning device for that matter) you use to modify the map in your ECM, if changes made to the stock map result in failure to meet emissions standards H-D will not be liable under the emission system warranty.  As for the basic mechanical warranty, if the changes in the map could lead to the failure you experience, such as timing changes and burnt pistons, H-D could legitimately deny warranty coverage based on your modification.  You may find an overzealous and undereducated person who would try to tell you that your entire warranty is void because you modified the map, but that person would be wrong.  Your modification has to be the cause of the failure to result in a legitimate denial of warranty coverage.  In the case of a wobbly crank or a leaking headgasket, H-D would be hard pressed to prove a correlation between a map modification and a known defect.

The vendor of the original SERT has made it known that he will be continuing to sell his version (with improvements H-D wouldn't let him make).  The obvious response from dealerships who want to sell you the H-D branded version at a higher price is to try the old "it will void your warranty" scare tactics they've been using since the dawn of time.  It was BS when they tried it with H-D branded motor oil and exhaust systems, it is BS in this case as well.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Diesel Dragon

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »

And I forgot to mention that the New Super SERT's are "pending obsolete" already in the dealership's computers.

Guess there will be a newer version out maybe to include the 09 models.

DD

A threesome is not really cheating, the 2 girls cancel each other out :)

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has it's limits

08 SE Ultra
03 Fatboy

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 11:02:16 PM »

I'm putting my faith with TTS and gonna stick with what i got. After the divorce is final i think TTS will surprise us all with with some decent software upgrades.

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 11:32:28 PM »

And I forgot to mention that the New Super SERT's are "pending obsolete" already in the dealership's computers.

Guess there will be a newer version out maybe to include the 09 models.

DD

That always seemed to be the way with the previous SERT.  It was always "Pending Obsolete" because there was a new version coming out.

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 11:42:14 PM »

Springer thanks for the update. My dealer is telling me that these have not been released by H-D yet and that there is no date of release that they can get from Moco. Does that make any sense? My dealer talked me into the PCIII and it would not marry with my 08 SEUC so they offered to trade me no charge for a Super SERT pending the release so I am wainting now 6 weeks. Any factual first hand info you may have would be appreciated.
Ride Safe! :coolblue:

I am not sure why they are telling you that.  As others have stated the New Super Tuner has been out for months.  We have been using it for some time now.  I believe you can order it online at several online dealers like Zanotti's for example.

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 08:31:38 AM »

Mine was installed by the dealer after my engine replacement and the stated my SERT would not affect my warranty

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 08:36:43 AM »

pending obsolete=still working bugs out of the new one.
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 08:37:48 AM »

pending obsolete=still working bugs out of the new one.

pending obsolete, in Harley speak means FUNCTIONAL!

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

pokerpig

• CVO1: 2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 04:40:36 PM »

FWIW, I dropped by the dealer last week to see about getting the new SERT installed. They told me that they have them in stock, but they cant do the dyno because the new software is buggy and doesnt work. MOCO is working on it but expected to take a couple weeks.

springer-

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• Big Boyz Head Porting
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 07:43:37 PM »

FWIW, I dropped by the dealer last week to see about getting the new SERT installed. They told me that they have them in stock, but they cant do the dyno because the new software is buggy and doesnt work. MOCO is working on it but expected to take a couple weeks.

It never ceases to amaze me what a dealer will tell people.  Not sure what is buggy and doesn't work but we use it without issue.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.