Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Re: Bad day in my motorcycle world  (Read 4711 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Bad day in my motorcycle world
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 02:01:51 PM »

GoFastGirl, I am so sorry to hear this story!   [smiley=zwtf.gif]This is a real shocker, when you had all the best of information provided to the store that you were going out of country and you had appointed a person as the point of contact for them, and then they did not contact him.  [smiley=zstupid.gif]Makes no sense that I can see,  [smiley=rifle.gif]but I saw a few comments of others. Maybe in fact that bike was a lemon and not a bananna and a bananna for GoFastGirl is just around the corner for you.   [smiley=biker.gif] And not ride with us, are you kidding? We are so looking forward to riding with you when you land your happy butt back here in the US.   [smiley=helmet.gif]
Now as for a letter program you know I'm in any time.  Mine did not turn out so positive, but I don't think it was due to lack of our activity, but the owner of the Colonial Harley Davidson store, just does not care.  [smiley=verkleidung056.gif] As for replacing my two into one pipes for stock pipes to sneak up on the dealership, I can't put my stock ones back on, I burn my leg so I have to roar up.  JRud, you are surprising me, you better check who has access to your wheaties.  [smiley=ons_4.gif]  Darn,,,,,, crazy story,,,,,,,,  but still, you just get on back home and a CVO bike for you will be found.  If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.  
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 02:02:14 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 02:48:45 PM »

I've heard of this happening to people who were on the "list" that didn't have deposit down but I've never heard of this happening to somebody who had a deposit.  In Calif. once a dealership has a deposit, they have to produce the vehicle (car, truck or motorcycle).  You may want to have Donnie contact an attorney just to find out if you have any legal recourse.........I'm thinking that you do.

In the meantime........do any of you know of a dealership that has a yellow SEEG that's not spoken for, at MSRP?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 03:04:03 PM »

The way I see it, there's two issues here that need to be addressed...
1-.)  (Not the most important, but still first...)  Grab a handfull of legal assistance from the local shyster and bludgeon the dealer with default on the contract, which GoFastGirl established with her deposit...   Could be a great deal of entertainment to watch them spin in the wind over bouncing out of the contract, (which the MoCo frowns on loudly with reduced bike allotment and dealer sanctions...)
2-.)  Lets just find her the right bike at the right price...  My local dealer is a yutz, and treated me poorly verbally (just the owner, not the folks who work there) , but well financially, and they still have an unclaimed Banana for MSRP as of the last time I talked to them. (last week).  It's Doyles HD in Eugene, OR @ 541-747-1033.  Ask for Ozzie...  he's the sales guy, and REALLY loves yellow!

(can I do that since I'm not advertising for my own profit?,...  If not, somebody let me know)  
2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 03:10:36 PM »

Hey Twolanerider, I am seeing some smart thinkers here have figured out that the issue here is more than the bad service ---- we gotta get a yellow SEEG for our GoFastGirl so she can indeed go fast on a yellow.  If you find a yellow that meets the needs for GoFastGirl, and you just need it picked up and ridden to Joplin, MO, if you pay all my air fares, I will be very happy to ride it to your house so it can play with red bike until she gets home. I bet now, the offers of riding that gorgeous bike from all the wide states are going to start pouring in.  OK, I will pay my own way home from MO, so just get me to the bike.  Maybe there is one close by here?  I will keep my eyes opened now that I have a purpose for looking.  

Wow, just think.  Getting to ride one of those most luscious looking yellow bikes and not having to give up my cherry red bike.  I kinda feel like I'm offering to cheat on her, ya know?  I am here to help.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 03:11:34 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 03:43:23 PM »

I suspect the resolution is but a few hours away once 2lane has his chat with the dealer!  [smiley=deal2.gif]  followed by   [smiley=furious2.gif]  with an implication that   [smiley=end.gif]  if this deal goes in the   [smiley=toilet.gif]  !!!!!!!

If not.....we will get our gal a bike.

Coolbreeze

• 1K CVO Member
  • Bridge to nowhere...
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2005, 05:05:15 PM »

I've got one here in Eugene!  All we need is money to buy it.  Later we can figure out how to TRAILER it out to her so she gets the wet eyes for the first mile!
[smiley=elf.gif]

2005 Red SEEG
2002 Low Rider
New Kitchen
New Laundry Room
Two New Nieces! (w/ frayed Brother-in-Law)

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2005, 09:43:30 PM »

Nice job coolbreeze!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
hdnut

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2005, 09:44:54 PM »

C'mon, 2lane, we're all waiting to find out what happend.  How'd it go?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2005, 10:14:02 PM »

C'mon, 2lane, we're all waiting to find out what happend.  How'd it go?

Just got back a half hour or so ago.  The day wasn't too bad.

First off since they'd taken a deposit they really had stepped on themselves.  There is statute that is controlling on such things. It says (basically) that if they take a deposit they have to supply a vehicle; even if it has to be acquired from another dealer.

Having said all that, however, I'd already decided that not a dime was going to be spent there.  So the statutory responsibiltiy was just information to hold over their head if need be.  Beth had also already decided to just take a breath and punt for a bit.  Very bad taste in her mouth right now.  This left the problem of a $3500.00 pile of parts in my garage for which she'd paid good money and now didn't or wouldn't necessarily have a bike for.

At the dealership the owner claimed to have known nothing beforehand laying it all at the feet of the salesweenie.  Claimed that since the deposit had been refunded and they had no more bikes available they simply had no other options to pursue (short of getting some other non-CVO bike).   The gentleman and I discussed this issue with some vigor for a few moments.  I wanted compensation for all the parts she'd bought.  He started off all but laughing and then finally did agree to buy them at his cost.

At that point I pulled out the press release I'd prepared before I left detailing a rich dealership's mishandling and malfeasance toward a beautiful young woman serving her country. all alone, in time of war with her most cherished thought to look forward to being her new yellow motorcycle wating for her when she got home.  The article included excerpts of their email and the final notice saying they'd sold it out from underneath her.  It was, if I say so myself, poignant.  Bought tears to my eyes as I read it (out loud) standing in his office doorway so others could know the story.

He said I wouldn't do anything with it.  That was the wrong thing to say....  

I'd already checked in with the local newspaper before I went to the shop.  They were perfectly willing to go with a story that one of their reporters could get a byline out of and never even have to touch a keyboard.  When I invited in the guy off the floor whom they thought was a customer and the "customer" introduced himself as a reporter most of the debate was over.

Even though she bought the parts at a 20% off place online they bought the whole pile at full customer price and paid the cost of sales tax.  Then I told the guy he really ought to kick in an extra grand for having caused so much upset and for having made me drive back and forth today.  At that he balked.  I made some reference to his biology and handed the release/story to the reporter.   Instead of a grand they padded the total by $500.00 .   Good enough.

At that point I was satisfied with the money side of things.  Only thing yet to do was have a small conversation with the sales weenie.  He'd retreated to the shop.  Nobody really seemed interested in saying I shouldn't go back there.  That conversation actually was almost as fun as was the trip to Maggie Valley.

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2005, 10:24:54 PM »

Yes, a solid three pointer for the good guys on this one.  Nice ending to a truly sad story.  JP
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 10:27:30 PM »

Good Job 2lane, I'm glad to hear that you at least got the money back for the parts.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall and hear the conversations you had with them.

I think you should have the story posted anyway!!!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005, 10:51:57 PM »

You 2lane is Da Man! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You used your brains, that was awesome. My Blood was boiling just reading your story.... We should have stormed the building, hundreds of thousands of CVO's from all over the world. We of course would have to wait for Tony's Bananna to get finished. We would have made World News.

Probably best you went by yourself, You had a peaceful ending. Mine had us in a shoot out with the local PD. [smiley=rifle.gif]

Yep 2lane , You Da Man, You Da Smart Man! Good Job! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2005, 11:02:06 PM »

Great Job, TwoLaneRider!  From this day on, let it be know on this site that ya shall now be regarded as a SuperHero.  SuperTwoLane, or something like that.............You're the SuperMotorater..........make a suitable screen name change, you did good!!!!      [smiley=furious3.gif]   spyder    [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 01:12:52 AM »

You 2lane is Da Man! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You used your brains, that was awesome. My Blood was boiling just reading your story.... We should have stormed the building, hundreds of thousands of CVO's from all over the world. We of course would have to wait for Tony's Bananna to get finished. We would have made World News.

Probably best you went by yourself, You had a peaceful ending. Mine had us in a shoot out with the local PD. [smiley=rifle.gif]

Yep 2lane , You Da Man, You Da Smart Man! Good Job! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JR [smiley=laugh.gif]

JR has been trying that special electric Kool Aid.  No way that's just Wheaties  [smiley=laugh.gif]  I'm liken' old JR more and more all the time [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 01:15:12 AM »

Great job 2lane!

But what's next? Do we still need to come up with a bike? And why let the "HD Stealer" off the hook. This whole event was unjust and breaking even ain't even in this case.

I didn't think this was about money as much as it was about principle.........

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.229 seconds with 24 queries.