Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Re: Bad day in my motorcycle world  (Read 4712 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Bad day in my motorcycle world
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2005, 01:16:03 AM »

Great Job, TwoLaneRider!  From this day on, let it be know on this site that ya shall now be regarded as a SuperHero.  SuperTwoLane, or something like that.............You're the SuperMotorater..........make a suitable screen name change, you did good!!!!      [smiley=furious3.gif]   spyder    [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

Well Spyder I'm just really glad she's not out anything.  Actually she's up about $1200.00.  So that part all worked out ok.  But you know what?  While the jackasses there didn't get nearly what they deserved I still really resent it when someone else because of their actions forces me to have to act like an asshole or otherwise interact poorly.  But hey, they were buttheads anyway  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2005, 01:18:52 AM »

Well Spyder I'm just really glad she's not out anything.  Actually she's up about $1200.00.  So that part all worked out ok.  But you know what?  While the jackasses there didn't get nearly what they deserved I still really resent it when someone else because of their actions forces me to have to act like an asshole or otherwise interact poorly.  But hey, they were buttheads anyway  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

I know.  But, in this case you didn't have to act badly, well thought out, planned interaction that was appropriate for the situation, with no regrets.  I love it!  Ya did good!
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2005, 02:21:01 AM »

Great job 2lane!

But what's next? Do we still need to come up with a bike? And why let the "HD Stealer" off the hook. This whole event was unjust and breaking even ain't even in this case.

I didn't think this was about money as much as it was about principle.........

Fatboy, I can't tell you're wrong regarding the events being unfair.  They certainly were.  And the shops behavior was simply unconscionable.  It was, however, about both money and principle.  

I had no intention of seeing my friend take a loss.  She'd felt both burned and betrayed.  This was compounded by feeling a bit helpless because she's a long way from home and couldn't effectively do a damn thing about it.  At least not in any appropriate time frame.  She still wants to get a bike.  But, for a variety of completely valid reasons, she's not going to deal with until she's home and can do it herself.  Put money down and ride out the door.

That left parts to deal with.  Parts that she'd paid for.  Parts that meant a direct loss because of the actions of the shop.  The direct loss and exacting a small amount of flesh were the first order of business.  Getting that from them was also, ipso facto, proving the point of principle.  That they were embarassed in the process was only a bit of gravy to be enjoyed with the meal.  

The shop is out more on the cost of parts they bought (that they'd never sold to begin with, and half of which weren't HD parts) then they made extra selling the bike above MSRP to the "other guy."  That is a justice in an of itself.  There's no way in hell I or my friend is actually going to spend the money with them to actually buy a bike regardless of any statutory responsibility they might have had to supply.  That being so we did about as good as we could.  Got the concessions from them, recovered the loss (plus some) and got it cleared up very quickly (so it's no longer weighing on her mind).  

Sometimes you just have to declare victory.......

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2005, 02:21:46 AM »

I know.  But, in this case you didn't have to act badly, well thought out, planned interaction that was appropriate for the situation, with no regrets.  I love it!  Ya did good!

Thanks Spyder.  It was a satisfactory day  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2005, 03:51:44 AM »

...I had no intention of seeing my friend take a loss.  She'd felt both burned and betrayed. ...Sometimes you just have to declare victory.......

Twolanerider, I am so very sorry that you had to spend what was probably more than one whole day trying to resolve this issue. My heart goes out to you and most especially to GoFastGirl.  [smiley=1112.gif] ---  Writing news article, arranging to meet and then meet with a newspaper reporter - have him come with you to the store, driving all the way to the store, which I checked is not right next door to Joplin, MO, pack up and calculate the cost of extra parts, and more I can not conceive.  Beth has a good friend in you, indeed.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I am glad that in some small way you can declare some kind of victory.  I understand that Beth can wait till her feet on on solid ground and then can look for a bike of her choosing to purchase then. We all understand it is not the same.  [smiley=bigcry.gif] My heart goes out to GoFastGirl, this is surely a morale buster.  I really wish I could do something to fix.   [smiley=builder.gif]

[smiley=sad2.gif]
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 04:13:21 AM by Mrs._WeCVO »

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2005, 09:01:29 AM »

Fatboy, I can't tell you're wrong regarding the events being unfair.  They certainly were.  And the shops behavior was simply unconscionable.  It was, however, about both money and principle.  

I had no intention of seeing my friend take a loss.  She'd felt both burned and betrayed.  This was compounded by feeling a bit helpless because she's a long way from home and couldn't effectively do a damn thing about it.  At least not in any appropriate time frame.  She still wants to get a bike.  But, for a variety of completely valid reasons, she's not going to deal with until she's home and can do it herself.  Put money down and ride out the door.

That left parts to deal with.  Parts that she'd paid for.  Parts that meant a direct loss because of the actions of the shop.  The direct loss and exacting a small amount of flesh were the first order of business.  Getting that from them was also, ipso facto, proving the point of principle.  That they were embarassed in the process was only a bit of gravy to be enjoyed with the meal.  

The shop is out more on the cost of parts they bought (that they'd never sold to begin with, and half of which weren't HD parts) then they made extra selling the bike above MSRP to the "other guy."  That is a justice in an of itself.  There's no way in hell I or my friend is actually going to spend the money with them to actually buy a bike regardless of any statutory responsibility they might have had to supply.  That being so we did about as good as we could.  Got the concessions from them, recovered the loss (plus some) and got it cleared up very quickly (so it's no longer weighing on her mind).  

Sometimes you just have to declare victory.......

Reading the post made me angry.You did a real good deed!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

Laker

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2005, 09:32:42 AM »

OUTSTANDING TWOLANE. What a feeling that must have been....walking into the meeting with all of your ducks in a row, excersizing all of your options, and watching the guy fold right in front of you. I love it.  [smiley=laugh.gif]

The one thing that did catch my eye was the comment about the salesman carrying out the option to sell the bike to a different person. Bullcrap. There is no way that the salesman has that authority, especially on the highest priced product the dealership sells. He would have to check with his bosses. What a crock that the owner put it back on the salesman. What a wuss.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 09:35:30 AM by Laker23 »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2005, 01:31:37 PM »

Twolanerider, I am so very sorry that you had to spend what was probably more than one whole day trying to resolve this issue. My heart goes out to you and most especially to GoFastGirl.  [smiley=1112.gif] ---  Writing news article, arranging to meet and then meet with a newspaper reporter - have him come with you to the store, driving all the way to the store, which I checked is not right next door to Joplin, MO, pack up and calculate the cost of extra parts, and more I can not conceive.  Beth has a good friend in you, indeed.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I am glad that in some small way you can declare some kind of victory.  I understand that Beth can wait till her feet on on solid ground and then can look for a bike of her choosing to purchase then. We all understand it is not the same.  [smiley=bigcry.gif] My heart goes out to GoFastGirl, this is surely a morale buster.  I really wish I could do something to fix.   [smiley=builder.gif]

[smiley=sad2.gif]

Actually Mrs We it wasn't quite all that bad.  Only took a few minutes before I left to lay out a quick thousand words that painted an nice ugly picture (though accurate) and I was talking the local news editor on the cell while driving there.  So maybe I was just efficient  [smiley=7.gif]

GoFast is in much better spirits after an email swap last night (my time) and already has big plans for a barnstorming ride on the red bike to go bike shopping when she's back on leave.  So all is good now in bike-world  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2005, 01:32:41 PM »

.You did a real good deed!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Well Mav, it did seem like a good day  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2005, 01:33:26 PM »

What a crock that the owner put it back on the salesman. What a wuss.

Laker, that was rather my impression from meeting the guy in person too.  A major wanker.

shovelhead71

• Senior CVO Member
  • its a way of life
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2005, 02:04:47 PM »

twolane - as soon as you and I ever hook up - I want to shake your hand - that is if you ever wipe it off from wanting to choke the scum back into oblivion - yu da man in my book - it is a contol of will to be able to verbally confront and I just go into KILL MODE - that story just makes me also furious and makes my hair stand on edge - I wish you could get the video camera from the office and download here of when you asked the "customer" to come into his office - game over as the saleswinnee cowardly scoures away - re-treat into the "holy of holy" shop area ---- yeah right

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2005, 02:04:55 PM »

I hated the story ,but Loved the ending.Great job,my hat's off too you twolane.
hdnut

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2005, 05:33:43 PM »

I said it before.........fired my attorney......Twolane is now my mouthpiece! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2005, 07:49:19 PM »

I said it before.........fired my attorney......Twolane is now my mouthpiece! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Gentlemen, gentlemen; you're gonna make me blush.  Just to prove we're all dogs under the skin though you should know the thought that occurred to me this afternoon.  When GoFast gets home she might be REALLY appreciative  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 10:08:09 PM »

Nicely done Don.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 24 queries.