Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: H.O.G Membership  (Read 13338 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: H.O.G Membership
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2008, 05:56:08 PM »

They take your picture, send it to Corp. Milwaukee, and write "This SOB is a Cheap Bastard" on it in big red letters.  Then they send it to every HD dealership in the world, and the 2 they have on other planets. 

Nobody does anything with the picture though so it amounts to nothing, but it's in the file, just in case.  Next to my picture, probably. 

;)

AJ - I have the $29.95 package.  Never used it, but if I had to use it once it would pay for itself.

Does that mean it goes into your "permanent" file?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2008, 06:00:24 PM »

National member, no longer local member. Past Activities Director for local chapter ('02).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »

But that's not why I support HOG.  Met lots of friends through HOG, been on several really nice road trips and gotten to know many of the execs at HOG and HD.  Gotten to know dozens of great folks at local chapter who I can ride with. 
  Agree...........LIFE MBR and occasionally go to chapter meetings and a few of the rides, mostly overnighters. Too much politics involved in the HOG management on national and local levels for my liking.
So pick and choose. The $29 a year deal beats what I could get through insurance company, so why not?  :nixweiss:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2008, 07:44:27 PM »

New Life Member, So far enjoying the Local group
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!

RioGlide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 SE Road King - sold
    • CVO2: 07 VRSCDX - Night Rod Special - sold
    • CVO3: 11 FLRTUSE - Rio Red
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2008, 07:59:18 PM »

I'm in HOG.  Used the towing service once in SC.  They had to call me back because the first tow truck had a flat tire.  I didn't believe that actually.  But they arranged another one.  He showed up within the hour or whatever.  But while he did, TN (of this forum) pulled up & said he had a friend with a flatbed.  Now there was nothing wrong with the guy who actually did tow me, but his truck was a POS.  Front end was loose as a goose, made me wonder if we'd make it all the way to Savannah.  He drove slow enough so we survived.  Said he boss was a cheap bastard & drove the one good truck himself.  I'd rather have paid TN's friend and waited a few more minutes.  But the guy who hooked me up did take great care to snug the bike down from all angles.

I don't know anything about the local chapter.  I remember they said once they do local rides.  I've never heard anything from anyone, guess I could find out if I was motivated enough.

I did add RV or Plus or whatever it is from AAA.  I forgot it covers bikes in addition to my Winnie.  I was actually thinking of upgrading the HOG thing to the next level, since you're only permitted one $100 credit for towing per year, and I figure with the 110", it's just a matter of time til I'm gonna need another tow.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2008, 08:04:23 PM »

Garz: Charter member local chapter, 10 years. Update weekly phone 'HOGline', 4.5 years. Treasurer, 2 yrs. Membership, 2 yrs. Road Capt, 2 yrs (I'd rather follow). Newsletter, 2 yrs. 

Wife: Charter member local chapter, 10 years. LOH member 10 yrs. LOH Coordinator, 2 yrs. Activities Coordinator, 2 yrs. Treasurer, 2 yrs. Secretary, 3 yrs. Membership, 1 yr. Assistant Director, 2 yrs. Director, 2 yrs. Road Captain, 5 yrs (she leads me). Also, FL State HOG Rally Events Coordinator and website, 3 yrs (come see us in Cocoa Beach Oct 22 - 25!) (shameless plug; www.flstatehogrally.com;D

We've had the extra RoadAmerica coverage from HOG for years. Never used it, but the cost is minimal.

Our Paradise Chapter is a social club with a riding problem. Lots of good friends. I guess HOG, or at least our chapter, is more geared to helping newbies decide whether or not they really want to be a rider. We've helped a lot of new riders in their quest for 2 wheels. Some easy rides, some longer rides, some bowling challenges, parties, poker runs... just having fun with other people with a Harley thang... actually, unless it's one of our required 'closed' rides, we invite any bike to come along, they just sign a release.

Dealership has been good to us, and we support them...it's a 2-way street. No, they don't give us everything we want, but we can always count on them for all kinds of prizes, gifts, kickin' in for food, 20% off for members at the monthly meeting, etc. Plus we use their meeting room for all our meetings... and they throw some nice parties. 

We've heard horror stories about bastig dealers, about stuck-up members, etc., so I guess we're lucky! 

Of course, you get out of an organization what you put in.

Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

hogasm

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »

That's a really good benefit.  Do you have to remove the wheel from the bike and bring it in or does the dealer do the whole job gratis?

They do it all

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2008, 09:39:59 PM »

Life member because I like the rockers (display them in a big frame on garage wall), pins (thrown in the bottom of a junk drawer) and did it a while back before the price went up.
Local dealer used to give a HOG discount but the good guy retired and gave the dealerships to his cheap ass sons and the discount became a memory. I order everything from Chicago HD and would not buy a t-shirt from Bumpus unless I had to have it right that day to keep riding.
As for the local chapter, good people and well run so even if I wasn't a life member, I would renew yearly for the local chapter.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:51 PM »

Garznhogs,  agree with you 100%  ,,  been a member of our Niagara Falls chapter since they started in 86.
been an officer for 14 years ( presently  treasurer )  wife is secretary. we have over 300 members. (some as--holes),  but mostly really great people.
our state rally is this coming weekend, July 10 thru 12.  in Niagara Falls.

so,  I've got 22 years in Hog, been life member since 90.  met lots of great friends and riding buds.

It was Hog that got my wife and I to meet Jean Davidson and become good friends with her. and it was Hog that got us to meet and get autographs of Willie G, his son Bill, and his daughter Karen,, on our gas tanks, along with Jeans.

I guess you get out of it what you want.

If your the loner type,  or just want to ride with a certain few, then the commeradary that HOG offers, is probably not for you.

I've never even given a thought about the towing or road service they offer.  I've been a AAA member for years.

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »

I had to get the "GOOD SAM" in order to be covered my toy hauler and now my vehicles and motorcycles are covered as well  :huepfenjump3:

I have the "Good Sam" deal as well for all my vehicles including the scoot. I did the HOG thing for 6 years filling various officer positions as well. Had a good time and met some good people but it ran it's course and now I ride with just a few close friends and don't belong to a chapter or national. My pin & patch vest sits in the closet. I still very much enjoy the ride though!

REGGAB

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2008, 11:46:55 PM »

Henry, really sorry to hear about your experience with an obviously chitty dealer.  Sure you know that there is National HOG memberships and then local chapter.  The local chapter is obviously where the dealer stuck it to you.  Since local chapters must be sponsored by a dealer they can call the shots there but never before heard of such horrific treatment.  Like anything in life there are good and bad.  Perhaps the local chapter near you now would be worth a visit.  Anyway, you can join National HOG and get the roadside assistance without involving any local chapter.

Jerry

Hi Jerry!
Thanks for the kind words.  When we left Clarksville for Enterprise back in 2004, we tried to integrate with the Wiregrass Chapter, but I guess Renea and I are just a bit too rough around the edges for that crew.   Same thing with the Rocket City Chapter.............., so I know the problem is with us and not HOG or their local chapters!   ::)  We're just not the uppity, rooty pooty, snobs they're looking for here in the Southeast...........and that's fine by us.  We have great friends like you and the HQ with whom we can ride, and you're just an afternoon away.  Now............if we can just get away from here and make that happen.   :) 
As for roadside assistance, Jerry, I used it twice in the past four years.  Once when the 02 Ultra "assploded" from a cam chain tensioner failure, and once last year when Thumper blew an oil cooler line.  Both times I waited, and waited, and waited.  I can understand the wait for the later since it was during RT, but the former................chit...........I was was just cruising the local area.  Anyway, I have some pretty good insurance.  I believe we'll use that should the situation present itself again.
I'm finished with HOG.  Nothing against the people..........just sick of the collective "holier-than-thou" mentality we've witnessed lately.  Renea and I are just simple country folks.  When we're not working, we just want to ride and have a good time.  There's no reason we can see for the snottiness to which we've been exposed.

Keithincda

• Senior CVO Member
  • Almost there!

• CVO1: Teal 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2008, 12:22:39 AM »

T107...you sound like my kinda folk...Seems like the thread has pointed to numerous reasons to belong or not to belong...the majority positive thing being the people that they have met through their HOG affiliations, which is good.  :2vrolijk_21:
As far as meeting good folks I have been fortunate enough to meet plenty of good folks because I ride a Harley Davidson. Some of the best have been met the gas pump while on a fuel stop or watering hole taking a break when they have asked me about my bike or me asking about theirs. And that doesn't take a membership in anything but the brotherhood of 2 wheeled riders. I look forward to meeting lots of folks from this site, cause I am pretty sure if I ran into any of you fueling up or catching a drink and rest, I'd intro myself to you anyway....  8)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 12:24:25 AM by Keithincda »

REGGAB

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2008, 12:48:20 AM »

T107...you sound like my kinda folk...Seems like the thread has pointed to numerous reasons to belong or not to belong...the majority positive thing being the people that they have met through their HOG affiliations, which is good.  :2vrolijk_21:
As far as meeting good folks I have been fortunate enough to meet plenty of good folks because I ride a Harley Davidson. Some of the best have been met the gas pump while on a fuel stop or watering hole taking a break when they have asked me about my bike or me asking about theirs. And that doesn't take a membership in anything but the brotherhood of 2 wheeled riders. I look forward to meeting lots of folks from this site, cause I am pretty sure if I ran into any of you fueling up or catching a drink and rest, I'd intro myself to you anyway....  8)

Renea and I are pretty simple.  Snobbery/uppitiness has no place in our lives.  I have little to no tolerance for such.  We have plenty of friends who are, and will remain, HOG members.  Their choice doesn't affect our's to maintain a wonderful friendship.  The main thing for us is.........."We're just 'folks'."  That ain't changin'.

Thanks for the note, Keith!  Man I'd love to find some time to ride out to your home state.  One day....................... :2vrolijk_21:   

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »

I'm a member of H....No...

I'm a member of .........No. they canned me too.

I'm a member of CVOHarley.com.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2008, 07:18:46 AM »

It was Hog that got my wife and I to meet Jean Davidson and become good friends with her. and it was Hog that got us to meet and get autographs of Willie G, his son Bill, and his daughter Karen,, on our gas tanks, along with Jeans.

If I had that SOBs autograph on my tank I'd take a belt sander to it.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.376 seconds with 20 queries.