Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Click Baldwin In a Life Threatning Accident  (Read 16467 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Click Baldwin In a Life Threatning Accident
« on: July 29, 2008, 05:54:57 PM »

Please, say a Pray for Click
He got busted up real bad in an accident in Montana this morning. 
The last info I heard was that he is in surgury.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
Re: Click Baldwin In a Life Threatning Accident
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

Please, say a Pray for Click
He got busted up real bad in an accident in Montana this morning. 
The last info I heard was that he is in surgury.

David, prayer sent. Wish him well.  :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 07:36:29 PM »

I know Click well!

Him and his family owned Carolina Harley Davidson in Gastonia NC.

What I was told is that he had gone on a ride across the country after the dealers meeting last week.

He was with a group of guys and got seperated from them. He was trying to catch back up to them when someone

turned left in front of him. He hit the car and then a road sign. He was airlifted to the hospital and is not looking well.

I have known Click since 86 and he is a great guy!

Hope all is well and he gets home soon!

:( :( :( :( :(

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 08:45:31 PM »

I know Click well!

Him and his family owned Carolina Harley Davidson in Gastonia NC.

What I was told is that he had gone on a ride across the country after the dealers meeting last week.

He was with a group of guys and got seperated from them. He was trying to catch back up to them when someone

turned left in front of him. He hit the car and then a road sign. He was airlifted to the hospital and is not looking well.

I have known Click since 86 and he is a great guy!

Hope all is well and he gets home soon!

:( :( :( :( :(

Only known Click since '06, but he is a great guy and what a character.  Hope and prayers for you Click.  Here's to a quick and full recovery.

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 08:55:32 PM »

Click has made it through surgery and is in critical condition.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 09:06:50 PM »

Click has made it through surgery and is in critical condition.

Keep us posted!

Thanks

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »

more info

Man seriously hurt in Lolo crash

Posted: July 29, 2008 11:25 AM

Updated: July 29, 2008 12:59 PM

Photo courtesy Olen Paulsen, KPAX-TV

Photo courtesy Olen Paulsen, KPAX-TV

One man is clinging to life after crashing his motorcycle into a car on U.S. Highway 12 near Lolo early Tuesday morning.

Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Pat McCarthy tells us that shortly after 9:00 a.m., a car and motorcycle were both heading west on U.S. Highway 12.

The driver of the car put on its signal to make a left turn into Travelers' Rest State Park, and slowed down, but the motorcycle then tried to pass the car on the left-side, while driving on a road with a double yellow line.

The motorcycle smashed into back of the car, the driver flew across hood and then hit a sign post.

The man, who's approximately 50 years old, was taken by Life Flight helicopter to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula with what's said to be life-threatening injuries.

The motorcyclist was not wearing a helmet and the MHP says the occupants in the car, who were wearing seatbelts, weren't hurt in the crash.

An investigation into the wreck is underway and there's no word yet on whether or not alcohol or speed played roles in the accident.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 08:30:29 AM »

Really sad news.

UPDATE: 7:36: Click Baldwin has died from injuries suffered in a motorcycle crash Tuesday in Montana, said Jenn Plant, a nursing supervisor at St. Patrick's Hospital in Missoula, Mont.

Baldwin died around 9:30 p.m., Plant said. No other information was immediately available.

Really sad

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »

Really sad news.

UPDATE: 7:36: Click Baldwin has died from injuries suffered in a motorcycle crash Tuesday in Montana, said Jenn Plant, a nursing supervisor at St. Patrick's Hospital in Missoula, Mont.

Baldwin died around 9:30 p.m., Plant said. No other information was immediately available.

Really sad

That is terribly sad news...

It reminds me of several years ago, when the owner of the local MOCO store, Rudy Kutter of Kutter's Harley Davidson in Janesville, WI, was killed in a motorcycle accident while returning from the San Diego dealer show.  Rudy was taking a scenic ride home and was in Minot, North Dakota when an elderly woman turned in front of him.  Rudy was a great guy, as I am sure Chick was...

my condolences to his family...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 08:42:43 AM »

Really sad news.

Really sad

Chip,

Thanks for the update.  This is truly sad news.  A great loss to the motorcycle community.  Our condolences to the family and close friends.  What a terrible loss!

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 12:39:11 PM »

So sorry to hear of this tragic news,

To all who knew Click, my most sincere condolences to all. I am sure he has a riding position in Heaven. God bless and keep you all.

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »

Sorry to hear that  :'(

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 03:16:02 PM »

Just got this from another site:

"UPDATE: 7:36: Click Baldwin has died from injuries suffered in a motorcycle crash Tuesday in Montana, said Jenn Plant, a nursing supervisor at St. Patrick's Hospital in Missoula, Mont.

Baldwin died around 9:30 p.m., Plant said. No other information was immediately available. Check back at www.gastongazette.com for updates to this story.

The following is an account of the wreck written Tuesday.

Carolina Harley-Davidson Buell owner Click Baldwin underwent emergency surgery Tuesday after his motorcycle collided with a car in Montana.

The iconic cyclist was flown to St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Mont., after the Tuesday morning crash on U.S. 12 outside Lolo, according to the Montana Highway Patrol.

"Cycling is his life, and he is a very experienced rider," said Cherie Sims, motorclothes manager at Carolina Harley-Davidson. "There was no one that knew him who wasn't touched in a very positive way. He loves life and he lives life to the fullest every single day."

A hospital spokeswoman said Baldwin had been in surgery and was in critical condition Tuesday evening.

Trooper: Illegal passing caused wreck

Baldwin was driving a 2009 Harley-Davidson motorcycle when he tried to pass a 1999 Honda Civic that was turning left from U.S. 12 into a Travelers' Rest campground, said Trooper Patrick McCarthy of the Montana Highway Patrol.

Baldwin crossed a double-yellow line indicating a no-passing zone on the two-lane highway, McCarthy said. The motorcycle struck the car from the rear while it turned.

The impact threw Baldwin off the bike, and he struck the pavement before hitting the post of a reduced speed ahead sign, McCarthy said.

The Honda driver, 74-year-old Joann Davidson of Missoula, and her 5-year-old granddaughter, who was in the car, sustained minor injuries and were driven to the hospital.

Baldwin's speed was estimated at 45 mph, McCarthy said.

"An independent witness said her turn signal was on, and it was in a no-passing zone," the trooper said.

Baldwin 'a super guy'

NASCAR driver Kyle Petty, a longtime friend of Baldwin's, said he offered the family whatever help he could.

"He and I go back forever," Petty said. "He's been a part of our charity motorcycle ride from the very beginning."

Held July 13 to 19, the 2008 Chick-Fil-A Kyle Petty Charity Ride brought more than 250 cyclists together for a 2,300-mile trek from Traverse City, Mich., to Savannah, Ga. The ride was a fundraiser for organizations that help critically ill children.

Doug Herbert, who drives a National Hot Rod Association Top Fuel dragster, said he's known Baldwin for at least five years. He described the motorcycle enthusiast as "just a down-to-earth, straight-up good guy."

"He's a super guy," Herbert said. "I've been friends with him for years, and he's always done a lot to help me."

Employees at Carolina Harley-Davidson Buell adore the high-spirited Baldwin and describe themselves as his work family.

"I think if you ask any employee why they're here, they'd say it's because of the family," Sims said. "That's why we work so hard and do what we do to honor him.""

runningmad

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 10:12:36 PM »

I really hate this .... my prayers are with Click's family and the dealership family and friends.

rememberrandyscott

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2008, 02:01:32 AM »

We all pray for Click, and his unfortunate accident...

Please remember Randy Scott, and his tragic death, 5 years ago, after being hit at a intersection, by Congressman William (Wild Bill) Janklow.

Congressman Janklow, former Govenor of South Dakota, hid from liability, and he was aware of this as he was protected by the Federal Torts Claims Act, and he and the Insurance Company (State Farm) of the car he was driving, had no Economic Loss....

The Federal Government was liable for Wild Bill's actions and the death of Randy Scott.

Wild Bill did not expend 1 cent, and is now back to practicing Law in South Dakota.

All of you Riders, have NO idea, that this family, and his friends, not only suffered a loss, but a Economic Loss, as well, including the value of the bike he was riding (Road King)

Wild Bill, lives and resides in Brandon, South Dakota and is alive and well, living off his Government Pension, and once again working as a Practicing Lawyer,

For Randy Scott, who was only riding down a country road, and has a Congressman blow a Stop Sign at 70 mph, there is No Justice.

Remember this accident took place in South Dakota, following the Rally, for which many of you attend in Stugis, South Dakota, annually.

So, as  you ride across the state of South Dakota, be aware of Wild Bill in Brandon, South Dakota.....and the Scott Family's home in Luverne, MN which is all of 30 miles from the home of Wild Bill.

Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 24 queries.