Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: ROAD GLIDE OR ULTRA  (Read 17383 times)

Raaze09

Re: ROAD GLIDE OR ULTRA
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2008, 07:31:50 PM »

OK, first off I have to admit to harboring  a secret love affair with the '04 B/B SEEG :apple:.  I rode one in Milwaukee at the 100th celebration, but I couldn't afford to spring for that expensive of a bike at the time.  Since then I've rented an '06 Ultra and put several hundred miles on her with my wife a couple years back, checking out the fall foliage in Southern Ohio.  Nice bike, handled OK, but it didn't really do anything for me.  I really liked the '06 Street Glide (because it looks so much like a SEEG) but I was waiting for Harley to kick the Twin Cam up to a 95".  So I bought a Buell Ulysses for the summer (cool bike, but not a Harley).  Then the '07's were released and I saw the cobalt blue SG and fell in love.  Two years later and I laid eyes on the B/O RG in Milwaukee - and it stopped me dead in my tracks.  I test rode one at the demo days, and that was all she wrote.  Now I'm anxiously waiting for my dealer to call me back to see if I can get the Dec delivery of the B/O that someone else put a deposit on.  I'd love the creature comforts of a SEUC, but I don't want to show up at bike nite and try to find my bike in a sea of bat wings. 

Not too often does a bike really stir my soul - the SERG does that for me.
I'm not going gray - I'm going chrome!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2008, 10:45:00 PM »

Well, that says it all right there.  And if you need to explain, others wouldn't understand.......
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2008, 10:53:39 PM »

If you like high speed ridin', the Tour-Glide is light years ahead of the Ultra, which has a Bat-Wing fairing.  The aerodynamic advantage of a Tour-Glide is phenominal.  While the Tour-Glide may not be as attractive as the old "Bat-Wing", it will flat cut through the wind with more than half the resistance.  There endeth the lesson.  ;) Later--HUBBARD     
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »

OK, first off I have to admit to harboring  a secret love affair with the '04 B/B SEEG :apple:.  I rode one in Milwaukee at the 100th celebration, but I couldn't afford to spring for that expensive of a bike at the time.  Since then I've rented an '06 Ultra and put several hundred miles on her with my wife a couple years back, checking out the fall foliage in Southern Ohio.  Nice bike, handled OK, but it didn't really do anything for me.  I really liked the '06 Street Glide (because it looks so much like a SEEG) but I was waiting for Harley to kick the Twin Cam up to a 95".  So I bought a Buell Ulysses for the summer (cool bike, but not a Harley).  Then the '07's were released and I saw the cobalt blue SG and fell in love.  Two years later and I laid eyes on the B/O RG in Milwaukee - and it stopped me dead in my tracks.  I test rode one at the demo days, and that was all she wrote.  Now I'm anxiously waiting for my dealer to call me back to see if I can get the Dec delivery of the B/O that someone else put a deposit on.  I'd love the creature comforts of a SEUC, but I don't want to show up at bike nite and try to find my bike in a sea of bat wings. 

All good points and  b&b SEEG   is till a eye catcher but the 09 SERG is going to also be a classic

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2008, 07:54:59 PM »

I vote for the ultra   :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock: my cuse4 will be here in a few weeks,my flhx will have company again   :bananarock: :bananarock:

I road the road glide nice bike,very differant ,looking at the ground through the faring was weard,didn't like the fairing so far away,understaind the advantage of having the fairing mounted to the frame,I stay with the batwing,has worked so far

thanks 
   my  .02$
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 20 queries.