Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: New Hope, PA noise ordinance?  (Read 6062 times)

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
New Hope, PA noise ordinance?
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:30:19 PM »

Today while visiting New Hope, PA... what I thought was a biker friendly town, me and my husband were getting ready to leave and was stopped by a police officer (I think perhaps Joe Friday!) who told my husband he had to check his exhaust for noise.  My husband was more than cooperative.  We came in at 93 when the noise ordinance was 86... who knew?  (or cares?)  He proceeded to ask for my husband's information... my husband even slipped him his military ID hoping this would help.... IT DIDN'T!!!!  Get this... while writing us a citation, the bike next to us back fired really loud and Joe Friday was pissed... he told that guy not to bring his bike back in town!!  So welcoming!  We were issued a $78 citation (as opposed to a $300 ticket with points and court appearance) and a warning to get our exhaust fixed or not return to town!!!  I'm pissed!!!   If anyone is familiar with New Hope, you will agree that the town is mainly supported by bikers  (and the gay and lesbian community!!!)  and much of its success is from them.  Our only shining moment in this story is when the other 100 or so bikers at the bar by where we were parked "boo-ed" the cop the entire time he was harassing us....  my point of this long story... keep your exhaust loud and visit New Hope often!!!

Fondly, Mrs. Cowboy
PS.  my yelling was atleast 105 decibels!!!!

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
Re: New Hope, PA noise ordinance?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:21:23 PM »

Chit, I almost moved to New Hope, until I found out about the snub (homo) community.  It's on my way to Brian's. Next time, I will get off the highway to get some expensive gas there.  By the way, I don't think load pipes considered a "moving violation" which carries points and they can not enforce court appearance on out of state people unless it is immediate at the time of citation. (I have had a few tickets here and there over the years  :-\).
FYI: the maximum points that gets reported to NJ from other states is 2, so 10 miles over the limit and 60 is the same.  Might as well get your money's worth, as long as you feel comfortable.   :bananarock: 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 03:24:47 PM by hunter »
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »

Today while visiting New Hope, PA... what I thought was a biker friendly town, me and my husband were getting ready to leave and was stopped by a police officer (I think perhaps Joe Friday!) who told my husband he had to check his exhaust for noise.  My husband was more than cooperative.  We came in at 93 when the noise ordinance was 86... who knew?  (or cares?)  He proceeded to ask for my husband's information... my husband even slipped him his military ID hoping this would help.... IT DIDN'T!!!!  Get this... while writing us a citation, the bike next to us back fired really loud and Joe Friday was pissed... he told that guy not to bring his bike back in town!!  So welcoming!  We were issued a $78 citation (as opposed to a $300 ticket with points and court appearance) and a warning to get our exhaust fixed or not return to town!!!  I'm pissed!!!   If anyone is familiar with New Hope, you will agree that the town is mainly supported by bikers   (and the gay and lesbian community!!!)  and much of its success is from them.  Our only shining moment in this story is when the other 100 or so bikers at the bar by where we were parked "boo-ed" the cop the entire time he was harassing us....  my point of this long story... keep your exhaust loud and visit New Hope often!!!

Fondly, Mrs. Cowboy
PS.  my yelling was atleast 105 decibels!!!!
If in fact this community is dependent on bikers $$$ then wouldn't it be better served to boycott it? :nixweiss: As long as you're spending your money there, and receiving tickets your are supporting them economically. Hit them where it hurts in their wallets if you want to get things to change. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 06:09:35 PM »

It has been publicly printed that they don't want the bikes there. It has been this way for better than five years now. They (the town board) could care less about the loss of income. The shop owners on the other hand for the most part welcome the bike crowd.

Several of the regional publications have been writing about this for years. There are far better places to go than New Hope.

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:30:40 PM »

They do indeed have some very reach people there.  It's very close to Princeton.  They don't need bikers $$.  It used to be a bikers place until reach families moved in now they want the place to themselves.

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 06:52:36 PM »

My wife was pissssed when then happen so I let her vent here. We were on your Heritage classic, The exhaust is a samson true dual with 4 in muffler. I always did want to know how loud it was. 93 decibels

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 07:51:31 PM »

That is bull....  I am writing the mayor....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 08:49:27 PM »

I'm allergic to Jersey! Doesn't surprise me a bit. The cops have been Nazis there forever!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 08:55:38 PM »

I'm allergic to Jersey! Doesn't surprise me a bit. The cops have been Nazis there forever!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Its PA not Jersey lol

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 08:59:21 PM »

Its PA not Jersey lol

HeHe! Right on the river! I'm confused. Nevermind!!! But I have smilar issues with PA anyway too! :confused5: ;D ;)

Spent way too much time travelling between home and York when I worked for a Co. headquartered there. I have a tough time getting thru those states! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 08:33:10 AM »

It is actually state law in NJ but they don't enforce unless you go to state inspection centers.  There they check the pipes and helmet must be DOT with minimum 4" of reflector.  I think it is the same way in PA (except the helmet which is not required).

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »

As another gold star for New Hope, Pennsylvania, when you see the streets absolutely LINED with bikes next to the quarter meters, you have to wonder if they wouldn't miss the revenue.4 bikes per space instead of 1 Lexus at the same price. I don't go there anymore unless I'm with a friend who wants to stop. One warning-when you do put multiple bikes in one space,DON'T let any of the tires even TOUCH the painted white lines that delineate the space, that's illegal parking-I know.Not even sticking out, just touching. Also I've heard, and wouldn't doubt, that it's the same if your mufflers extend over the curbing.Used to be a nice place. As a side note if you are in that area and want to stop to stretch, look up Van Sant airport. It's a cool little mountaintop airstrip cut right into the trees with no asphalt runways-just grass. a few private prop planes, with some old Bi-planes that you can hire for rides and even better, you can charter and go up in gliders!Watching the planes take off from the downside of the slope, to the crest of the hill where the mountain drops away is really cool.The planes are going so slow that they seem to just hang in the air like you're not sure that they'll make it.Didn't notice any food other than some beverage machines,but a really cool stop.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 10:38:56 AM »

Denver has the same law. My brother lives in Parker, Co and got a noise ticket in Denver a few weeks ago. He has a Vance and Hines 2/1 which is on the quite side. He saw the cop approaching and let off the throttle, cop pulled him over because he observed after market exhaust. He doesn't have any of the stock exhaust so it going to get costly. My brother said, since he is a resident he got a ticket, and he understands nonresidents have to pay the fine on the spot. Can anyone validate this?

hunter

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:55 AM »

Now that sucks a big one when your own township cop who gets paid from your taxes gives you crap like that.   :soapbox:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 11:20:42 AM »

I'm screwed if this pattern continues! I build my bikes to rock and roll, and sound awesome too, but won't be able to take them anywhere! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.