Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: The strangest thing you have hit!  (Read 21011 times)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: The strangest thing you have hit!
« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2008, 05:54:29 AM »

My son just called me and explained that while out driving last night in Berlin NH he hit a moose. Luckily he and his girl friend didn't get hurt. He said the moose came out from the side of the road and he took the legs out from under it, he drives a small car. It landed on the hood, he slammed on the brakes and it slide off, back onto it's feet and ran into the woods. Neither he nor his GF were hurt. The car needs a new head light and a new hood.

He also said that it was a small one, about 6' to the ears.

Of course there was the time Donna ran down a Black bear in Western NH, but that's another story...

Ed

A Black what though- wasn't she cold?
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2008, 09:32:22 AM »

I laughed so hard I think I leaked a little,,,thats how it is gettin old...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2008, 09:40:44 AM »

Don't me started on them...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2008, 09:41:16 AM »

Don't me started on them...

I like stories......
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2008, 10:04:06 AM »

A Black what though- wasn't she cold?

:D  I guess I should have been a little clearer, she was driving her very small car and the bear cut across the highway in front of her. She was just about standing on the brakes and heading for the guard rail when she clipped it with the front bumper. Of course she insisted she drive that day and I leave my truck at home. I think there are still finger marks on the dash from where I was trying to keep myself from going through the windshield... ;)
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #125 on: October 16, 2008, 10:04:46 AM »

I laughed so hard I think I leaked a little,,,thats how it is gettin old...

You need to get that fixed! ;)   :D
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2008, 10:26:18 AM »

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #127 on: October 16, 2008, 10:41:34 AM »

:D  I guess I should have been a little clearer, she was driving her very small car and the bear cut across the highway in front of her. She was just about standing on the brakes and heading for the guard rail when she clipped it with the front bumper. Of course she insisted she drive that day and I leave my truck at home. I think there are still finger marks on the dash from where I was trying to keep myself from going through the windshield... ;)

Yeah, but why was she driving naked?

:o

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #128 on: October 16, 2008, 11:12:48 AM »

A different type of restraint than that...

Cigarmike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2008, 01:35:47 PM »

Truck bed Liner, no damage, I let my superiour riding skills take control of the situation by closing my eyes when it flew out of the truck in front of me.
You will get no more Respect than you are willing to give.

Road Hog

• Junior CVO Member
  • Living The Dream until the 2008 Stock Market Crash
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2008, 11:28:36 PM »

The one and only thing I ever hit was a tumble weed.  Oh, big deal, you think.  Well, think again! 

I was traveling along the Columbia River, Hwy 84, on the Oregon side just west of The Dalles.  Weather was cool and we were moving briskly.  I saw this tumble weed about 3 feet in width rolling toward me, maybe some 100 yards ahead. Wind was variable but gusting to maybe 25 mph.  I'm cruising and watching this thing and think, "No big deal.  It's rolling across the landscape and it has an infinitesimal chance of hitting my bike."

It rolled across my immediate path and half a second before I crossed its path it rolled back and the almost two inch thick dried stalk broken at a sharp angle nailed me squarely on my left chin, just below the armor in my First Gear rideing pants.  We were running 70+.  Bam!  Tears in my eyes, I rolled off to the side of the road and limped around checking my bike and my riding pants that were over my jeans.  Bike was untouched but the staulk cut a 3/4 inch gash in my pant.  We rode for another hour to lunch and I checked the wound.  It barely cut my skin but the impact area was swollen to about 2" X 3", stuck out about 5/8 inch and was stafrting to color nicely.  I limped back to the table.

A month later, I was still slightly sore, my whole lower left leg still looked like a beach ball and the vibrant colors from the trama were just starting to subside.  Two months after the impact, I went to the doctor to see if there was permenant damage as it was still swollen.  He measured it and said that the fluids were still there but the leg would return to normal which it did.  Now I have a SEUC so the lowers will protect my body from further tumbleweed attacks but will likely remove my entire bike from the road and deposit me and it into the Columbia River.

I have entirely new respect for tumbleweeds and their capacity to do damage.  So heads up out there!   It can be damned hostle.

Road Hog
FLHTCUSE4, Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue.

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »

The one and only thing I ever hit was a tumble weed.  Oh, big deal, you think.  Well, think again! 

I was traveling along the Columbia River, Hwy 84, on the Oregon side just west of The Dalles.  Weather was cool and we were moving briskly.  I saw this tumble weed about 3 feet in width rolling toward me, maybe some 100 yards ahead. Wind was variable but gusting to maybe 25 mph.  I'm cruising and watching this thing and think, "No big deal.  It's rolling across the landscape and it has an infinitesimal chance of hitting my bike."

It rolled across my immediate path and half a second before I crossed its path it rolled back and the almost two inch thick dried stalk broken at a sharp angle nailed me squarely on my left chin, just below the armor in my First Gear rideing pants.  We were running 70+.  Bam!  Tears in my eyes, I rolled off to the side of the road and limped around checking my bike and my riding pants that were over my jeans.  Bike was untouched but the staulk cut a 3/4 inch gash in my pant.  We rode for another hour to lunch and I checked the wound.  It barely cut my skin but the impact area was swollen to about 2" X 3", stuck out about 5/8 inch and was stafrting to color nicely.  I limped back to the table.

A month later, I was still slightly sore, my whole lower left leg still looked like a beach ball and the vibrant colors from the trama were just starting to subside.  Two months after the impact, I went to the doctor to see if there was permenant damage as it was still swollen.  He measured it and said that the fluids were still there but the leg would return to normal which it did.  Now I have a SEUC so the lowers will protect my body from further tumbleweed attacks but will likely remove my entire bike from the road and deposit me and it into the Columbia River.

I have entirely new respect for tumbleweeds and their capacity to do damage.  So heads up out there!   It can be damned hostle.

Road Hog

Sounds nasty Road Hog but what the heck is your left chin doing in your Riding Pants - and where the heck was your right chin?

;) ;D :P

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2008, 03:33:12 PM »

Sounds nasty Road Hog but what the heck is your left chin doing in your Riding Pants - and where the heck was your right chin?

;) ;D :P

Ah, I guess that is what is meant by a double chin!!!  :coolblue:
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde :coolblue:

Road Hog

• Junior CVO Member
  • Living The Dream until the 2008 Stock Market Crash
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2008, 07:08:55 PM »

And, of course, I deserved every bit of that.

Chin / shin, I was never to good in Biology in college.  My typing isn't that great either.
FLHTCUSE4, Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue.

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2008, 04:44:41 AM »

And, of course, I deserved every bit of that.

Chin / shin, I was never to good in Biology in college.  My typing isn't that great either.

No worries - made me laugh anyway - which is always a  :2vrolijk_21: thing.

Stay safe.

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 25 queries.