Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: EFI conversion  (Read 24830 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: EFI conversion
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2007, 08:42:36 PM »

Yes, it is sold as a kit through Baker. AND the automatic chain tensioner worked also.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 09:21:01 PM »

how did you put a 28 comp sprocket on her ,,did you find an ex long primary chain?? :nixweiss:

The Baker DD6 includes the 28 tooth sprocket and a longer primary chain.

"DD6 features and advantages

Chrome Trap Door with Engraved DD6 Logo
Anti-Overshift Ratchet Pawl
28-tooth compensating sprocket yelds 14% more starter system torque
Longer primary chain included.
Fixed spindle shift drum for smooth, low inertia, drum indexing
Full width BAKER BAKER Ground Gears
"

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mrigeo

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2007, 10:55:56 PM »

Headpan and ironhorse,
wasn't ignoring you guys, was riding the scoot with the new injection. All over the Sierras for 3 days, bike runs great.

The total price was $1200 after buying the Delphi system complete on Ebay. Also picked up a 2003 fuel pump assy. on Ebay. This saved a ton of money, although I spend considerable time converting the soft tail harness to work on my bike. The $1200 included having my local HD dealer flash the ECM with the 1550 stage II.

Ironhorse, I know what you are saying about the coil mount. I found some rubber grommets that fit behind the mount so that when I bolted on the tank everything was tight.  I tried to insert the pictures, but can't figure how too. Will try attaching.

Lots of ways to fix the M&M problems, I like this one.

mrigeo

« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2007, 10:57:08 PM »

here is the coil mount. look close and you can see the rbber behind the mount tab.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2007, 09:29:18 PM »

Headpan and ironhorse,
wasn't ignoring you guys, was riding the scoot with the new injection. All over the Sierras for 3 days, bike runs great.

The total price was $1200 after buying the Delphi system complete on Ebay. Also picked up a 2003 fuel pump assy. on Ebay. This saved a ton of money, although I spend considerable time converting the soft tail harness to work on my bike. The $1200 included having my local HD dealer flash the ECM with the 1550 stage II.

Ironhorse, I know what you are saying about the coil mount. I found some rubber grommets that fit behind the mount so that when I bolted on the tank everything was tight.  I tried to insert the pictures, but can't figure how too. Will try attaching.

Lots of ways to fix the M&M problems, I like this one.

Mrigeo,

Great idea on the coil mount! Sometimes all it takes is a fresh look at something.
As for the ECM, mine would not fit and configure like yours. The Zippers ECM, and auto-tune unit would not accept such a mount.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2007, 06:47:55 AM »

Is it the Delphi that comes fitted as stock to the 07 SERK

mrigeo

« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2007, 01:08:38 PM »

Smiler,

The motor company has used the Delphi system since 2000 on the Soft Tails and 2002 on the touring models. The biggest change came in 06 on the Dynas when they started using O2 sensors which are now on all the models.

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »

HEADPAN62 I started my carb conversion tonight and of course I have some questions. before I ask them let me say how easy it is to remove the EFI harness and install the new carb harness.

1. I pulled a medium sized thickness hot wire from the circuit breaker in front of the battery that was attached to the EFI harness. Is that it, meaning should something be going back there? (I don't think so)

2. There was a yellow single pin wire attached to the EFI harness that runs to the left side of the bike. I disconnected it as it was attached to the harness. Does anything get hooked to it? (I don't see anything that could)

3. When the EFI harness was removed there was a three pin connector left on the right side of the bike. Does it go unused?

4. There is a 2 pin plug (looks like a sensor) in the front head. What goes to it or becomes of it?

5. Previously in the thread you mentioned that the Map sensors form EFI to Carb are the same. Which one is the map sensor on the EFI intake?
2023 CVO Road Glide

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2007, 10:08:55 PM »

sent you a pm brutha....
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »

First a BIG thanks to HEADPAN62 for the parts and part numbers for this conversion. Had I known it was this easy I would have done this years ago, like in 01 when I bought the bike.

Everything went smooth as can be. I was held up a few days over a carb to intake gasket, my fault. The bike fired right up without a single problem. The throttle response is fantastic with the Mikuni. I was out in front of the house pulling little three inch wheelies with just chopping the throttle. Not bad for a stock 95" and no weight on the rear end. The bike doesn't hiccup, burp or fart like my M&M did. Roll ons are crisp and roll offs don't pop. I'm in the process (waiting for a return call) of scheduling a dyno appointment to check the A/F ratio. From there I'll see if I need to do any jetting.

If there was or is a down side to this for me it has to be the Mikuni air cleaner (size of a Ness Big Sucker, very large)and how far it sticks out. My leg rubs/rests against the air cleaner while breaking. A set of floor board extenders would help some as far as foot placement. Getting use to a choke knob on this bike will take me a time or two to get use to.  ;D
2023 CVO Road Glide

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2007, 01:49:07 PM »

First a BIG thanks to HEADPAN62 for the parts and part numbers for this conversion. Had I known it was this easy I would have done this years ago, like in 01 when I bought the bike.

Everything went smooth as can be. I was held up a few days over a carb to intake gasket, my fault. The bike fired right up without a single problem. The throttle response is fantastic with the Mikuni. I was out in front of the house pulling little three inch wheelies with just chopping the throttle. Not bad for a stock 95" and no weight on the rear end. The bike doesn't hiccup, burp or fart like my M&M did. Roll ons are crisp and roll offs don't pop. I'm in the process (waiting for a return call) of scheduling a dyno appointment to check the A/F ratio. From there I'll see if I need to do any jetting.
If there was or is a down side to this for me it has to be the Mikuni air cleaner (size of a Ness Big Sucker, very large)and how far it sticks out. My leg rubs/rests against the air cleaner while breaking. A set of floor board extenders would help some as far as foot placement. Getting use to a choke knob on this bike will take me a time or two to get use to.  ;D

??? ??? ??? Dyno tune for a carb? Man that's aggressive. Turn the mixture screw until it wants to stall, then turn it out to the highest idle, then turn it in a 1/2 turn. Close enough is OK on a carb.

Jetting. Take the bike to the track, make a few passes. Change jets and make more passes until you find your best time. You are now high speed jetted!

Old school racing chit works well with a carb! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2007, 02:25:39 PM »

??? ??? ??? Dyno tune for a carb? Man that's aggressive. Turn the mixture screw until it wants to stall, then turn it out to the highest idle, then turn it in a 1/2 turn. Close enough is OK on a carb.

Jetting. Take the bike to the track, make a few passes. Change jets and make more passes until you find your best time. You are now high speed jetted!

Old school racing chit works well with a carb! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Dyno tuning will net me A/f ratio.

Track time always works well. Dam motor gets hot between runs. ;) My concern or goal is some sort of fuel mileage. The 33 MPG this got with the M&M and map it had was horrible. I always needed fuel first :( and took a gallon more. >:(
2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:02 AM »

My first outting of any distance was a trip to a cruise night last night. Running with a pack of 12 @ 80 mph as a relatively accurate average netted me 37 MPG. Much better than what I was getting. I think with a little jetting work I can obtain 40+ MPG @ 80 MPH.  :orange:
2023 CVO Road Glide

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2007, 08:39:36 AM »

did your check engine lite stay on as with my bike? did you disconnect it if it did??
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2007, 04:50:22 PM »

Yes my check engine light is on. I believe you said it is a yellow wire in the right side cover. I will pull it when I make some small changes. I'm going to try the next leanest needle as that is the direction the Mikuni tuning book is pointing me. Their manual is very informative. After reading it a couple of times I think anyone with mechanical abilites could tune a Mikuni.
2023 CVO Road Glide
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 24 queries.