Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: EFI conversion  (Read 24688 times)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
Re: EFI conversion
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2006, 05:25:04 PM »

Brian, got over 36 grand on the ole SEEG now, so I'm starting to listen real close to the cam side of the 103ci.  I'm thinking that's the scooter I'll be on, so thanks for the 'offer' of down South assistance should the whole thing go......how'bout PM - ing me the best phone # to reach you should i need to.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder

Sorry, thought you already had the number....PM is in your box.

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2006, 12:28:31 AM »

y r u changing the gear in the cam,I did a 10,000 check on the tensioners and they looked stock,barely any wear..I will inspect again b4 my west coast trip...I have a black 01, I'm from jersey

HERE THIS IS COOL OTIS MAY WANNA POST IN THE GENERAL FILE....

http://www.harleyhog.co.uk/tensionerinstall.htm

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2006, 04:58:13 PM »

hey Tony1968, Did you convert?
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide
1962 panhead rigid/chopper

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2006, 10:22:32 PM »

For those with the EFI still, we just did the Race Fueler for her 01 SERG last weekend.  It took longer to do the physical install than the actual tuning.  She has a stage 1 (we think) and stock mufflers with the extra plug cut out.  She'd always had a rough idle and poor low speed running.  High speed wasn't too bad, but it seemed like you needed lots of throttle to get something to happen.   Her comments after a 200 mile ride-"this is how it should run, the idle is smooth, low end has good strong seamless power and the high is ready to take off.  I think I can make it better by giving it a touch more "accelerator pump" and a touch more high speed fuel.  We're running 2-up tommorrow am about 100 miles to get my CUSE, so I'll get a good idea of what it may need.  Given the first set of results, I'd strongly recommend the Race Fueler to anyone with a MM system.  It definitely wakes it up. [smiley=banana.gif]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 10:23:11 PM by arcticdude »
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2006, 01:21:30 PM »

hey Tony1968, Did you convert?

No I got laid off from work so I have put that project off for a bit.

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2006, 11:14:50 AM »

ok,I have about 15,000 since the conversion....when I upped the slowspeed jet to a 50 the bike runs great when warm,but if the choke is on the bike loads up...I pretty much have to shut the choke off and nurse the throttle on warm-up....now,, should had I left in the stock jet and drilled out the air screw to  have achieve my smooth idle,,for when bike first started after the conversion it ran like chit till I upped  the slow speed jet....I didnt think about drilling out the air screw till after the fact..now that its cold here in N.J. I could use the choke so I dont have to nurse her till warm.....there is not any 95" motors from factory with a carb to get a starting point as far as jetting...also I noticed when revving the motor I get deceleration popping(which I thought was a (lean) running motor.....thanks in advance,,headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

flatlander2270

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2007, 08:44:47 PM »

Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread, but have a couple questions.

When you convert to carb and eliminate the EFI harness, do you loose the Alarm System and the Electronic Cruise?

My bike is stock except for Vance and Hines mufflers and I have a rich condition at 3,400 rpm and it's about 12.5 - 13 ratio.

The bike doesn't run bad once it's warmed up, but the fuel mieage sucks. I don't have a High Flow Air Cleaner, would this help?

I have 64,000 miles on mine and plan on opening it up this winter for gear driven cams and higher compression pistons.

Thanks Eric

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2007, 10:32:23 PM »

Back in the beginning of the post it was said that the cruise still worked. This thread is good info for us MM injection guys.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2007, 08:18:28 AM »

everything works,cruise& alarm work fine... gas miliege will be better if you change the primary gearing....our efi bikes have their own primary gearing which increase the rpm,s...resulting in poor gas miliege.....mt 1st trip cross country i was averaging25 to 28 mpg.....after the carb & gear change it went to about 38 to 42 mpg...hope this helps....headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2007, 09:12:40 AM »

HEADPAN62 did you have to do a cable change?

Besides loosing the Power Commander how much other EFI stuff comes out?

Does it matter which tank fitting you use? Is it safe to say using the one farthest rear is better from a fuel pickup stand point?

I'd like to know a little more on the harness removal.
2023 CVO Road Glide

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2007, 11:28:36 AM »

no cable change,...ALL efi stuff comes out...the efi harness unplugs from the main harness,thats where your carb harness plugs into......I used the rear hole on the petcock,but will go in either one.......Its all stock...if it wasnot for the efi fuel tank....you would not even be able too tell I converted...hope this helps....pm me if you want.....headpan
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2007, 11:38:37 AM »

Thank you for the info. It is much appreciated. :2vrolijk_21:

I'm going to attempt to put together a OEM part number list minus the Pingel number. This will aide others in this conversion. At that point one could hit Ebay and source the correct part numbers. I'll also look into a slightly larger carb and intake for those (ME) who will be adding a touch more HP to their Hot Rod. :orange:

For me I've considered a Mikuni as I'm a fan of their throttle response. ;)

Speaking of which. Is any CV carb compatible? :nixweiss:
2023 CVO Road Glide

HEADPAN62

• Elite CVO Member
  • born in the wind!!
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2007, 12:33:02 PM »

I believe i listed all part #s in this thread.....dont know about (any) cv....mine was off a 03 twin cam88...I take it you converting? not a fan of the mm???
2011 fltr ultra
1998 Dyna wide glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2007, 12:50:32 PM »

That's cool I'll go back and pull all of the part numbers out of the thread. I'll also check to see if there was a change in carbs from year to year (I don't believe so).

As for me..... I have had a very good set of worked heads on the shelf for several years now that is awaiting installation. I felt the M&M injection wouldn't be big enough for the heads combined with my cam of choice. So on the shelf they have sat. I'll round up the carb conversion parts that way when I go to do the head/cam install I'll have everything. :2vrolijk_21:

2023 CVO Road Glide

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2007, 02:19:40 PM »

........another small issue is the engine light would not go off...my pal at the dealership was going to plug it in to see what fault code it is and see if we could get the light to go out..I just used the manual ,,,found the wire and disconected it at a plug...... so thats it ..

Did you ever check to see what was causing the light?
Which wire did you disconnect?

I went back and read the entire thread again as I'm turning it into sort of a "How to". This came up as a unanswered question. :2vrolijk_21:
2023 CVO Road Glide
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.