Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Mac or PC which are you?  (Read 3562 times)

BigR55

Re: Mac or PC which are you?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2008, 12:54:21 PM »

PC

If I had a Mac, I would actually have to get some work done instead of spending all day updating and fixing my PC! ::)

UltraPolecat

• Elite CVO Member
  • Good Bye Milk Dud! Hello Black Beauty!

• CVO1: 06 SEUC Black Candy Crimson
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2008, 05:09:36 PM »

I started back when computers didn't have hard drives.  Have owned about 20 machines over the years.  DOS, then Windows XXX. One blue screen in all those years and a couple drive failures (Don't know if software or hardware fault).  Always thought Apples were for artsy folks.  No schooling, always on my own as a hobbyist.

Sounds like it may be different now.

Is software available for apple that we Windows folks have come to rely on?  Office?  AutoCAD?

Sounds like an expensive transition.  More for an old man to learn as well, sheesh!

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2008, 05:22:05 PM »

I started back when computers didn't have hard drives.  Have owned about 20 machines over the years.  DOS, then Windows XXX. One blue screen in all those years and a couple drive failures (Don't know if software or hardware fault).  Always thought Apples were for artsy folks.  No schooling, always on my own as a hobbyist.

Is software available for apple that we Windows folks have come to rely on?  Office?  AutoCAD?

Sounds like an expensive transition.  More for an old man to learn as well, sheesh!

In a word, Yes.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2008, 05:29:02 PM »

I'm running PC's, have been for over 20 years, and I think I've gotten about 3 blue screens during that time, and that was with Windows ME and one with XP.  Never have had any problems with Vista.   Don't understand all the hatred towards Windows, other than the man owns 95% of the market.   Apples are great machines, but over priced, and I can't see switching over to one, when I'm perfectly happy with my HP's, Sony's, and Gateway's in the house.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

BigR55

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2008, 01:11:39 PM »

We have always had about six PCs running 24-7 in our business. Some would run four or five years until something wore out.
So to be fair, the hardware has really been a bargin, it is the operating system and software that causes the problems now that we are connected to the internet.
Fire walls, routers, anti-spam, anti-virus, anti adware........ udates and patches.... on and on. :D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:08 PM »

I have (had) two laptops. One was for business and contained encryption software to enable me to link to secure government sites. What it had for anti-virus etc I can only guess at, but I never had an issue in 15 years in the field, sometimes on the other side of the world using an aircard. At home I have a fairly decent laptop with Norton Anti-virus and some other stuff along those lines and once a month, I have to clean up files, download some new software etc. Now I don't know the first thing about a MAC, but it would seem that the software is the key and at the end of the day, I guess I don't "get" what's so different about the operation system in a MAC.

B B
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.