Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: 09 SERG Cruise Control  (Read 4101 times)

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
09 SERG Cruise Control
« on: October 18, 2008, 08:11:57 PM »

Haven't heard many comments on this subject.... Took "The Ride" out, this eve. on the autobahn (here in Germany) and gave the cruise control a workout. And yes it is way cool. I have only had throttle locks in the past and this is a big improvement.
This cruise is the "real deal", absolutely awesome. Mine doesn't seem to set or work at all above 85mph. That is probably not a big deal, but I had to try it out. Anyone else have this issue? Can you fix that?
The impossible just takes a little longer

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: 09 SERG Cruise Control
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »

Haven't heard many comments on this subject.... Took "The Ride" out, this eve. on the autobahn (here in Germany) and gave the cruise control a workout. And yes it is way cool. I have only had throttle locks in the past and this is a big improvement.
This cruise is the "real deal", absolutely awesome. Mine doesn't seem to set or work at all above 85mph. That is probably not a big deal, but I had to try it out. Anyone else have this issue? Can you fix that?

Nothing to fix.  That's it's top limit.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:27:09 PM »

Cruise on the wired throttles is much more precise than those on previous cable throttles. Hit the button and that's were it stays. Mine works great.

MikeD

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 08:32:27 PM »

I love mine, used it last weekend going and coming from CHL.  Just need my Hawg Wired and I'm golden! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 09:36:59 PM »

Nothing to fix.  That's it's top limit.

Figured as much... I really hate "big brother" getting into my personal business.   >:(

sblair

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 09:37:30 PM »

Love it on my 06 and love it even more on the SERG!  And as twolanerider mentioned, it does have a low and a high limit.  I believe the low limit is 35 or 40 and you found the high.
CVO1-2009 Silver SERG
CVO2-2011 Rio Red RUSE

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 10:05:13 PM »

Figured as much... I really hate "big brother" getting into my personal business.   >:(

HeHe!!! I wired mine backwards!!! Now it doesn't go into cruise below 85, instead of above! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

MikeD

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 10:21:01 PM »

HeHe!!! I wired mine backwards!!! Now it doesn't go into cruise below 85, instead of above! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

We would expect nothing less from you brother!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 12:33:30 AM »

Hoist! 8)

That would certainly help, but...

Does it have to be either / or ?? I would prefer to be bypassin all them there limits.

If it's at all possible, I'd be askin for help from someone who say, could go bout maken a pig fly...

After all, I'm not wantin to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear..... I've tried it; and, I know that won't work! The wife still won't carry the damn thing. And to think, it was an anniversary present! Cut me deep, don't think I will ever get over it.... I worked on that ear for weeks..... Night before the big day, dog got holt of it, lathered it all up, didn't think I'd ever get it dried out... did soften it up some though .... well.... that's all bout that.

:nervous:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 01:08:14 AM by Iglide »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 01:35:33 AM »

Hoist! 8)

Howie, it's not the cruise that's wired wrong on your bike.

(it's the rider!)

customryder

• Senior CVO Member
  • I'LL be your Huckelberry.

• CVO1: fxr4 2000 orange
    • CVO2: flhtcse 2004 blue/black
    • CVO3: CVO3 2005 elecrta glide CVO4 2009 roaglide CVO5 2012 roadglide skunk CVO6 2013 cvo roadglide atomic orange
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 11:00:06 AM »

they work good if you ride alone,, with a group, they are useless.
2009 cvo road glide...2007 streetglide...................... cvo member #513
2009 f-350 Harley edt.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 11:02:54 AM »

Howie, it's not the cruise that's wired wrong on your bike.

(it's the rider!)

It has to be something more than a ground fault for sure.  ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 11:03:51 AM »

That would certainly help, but...

Does it have to be either / or ?? I would prefer to be bypassin all them there limits.

If it's at all possible, I'd be askin for help from someone who say, could go bout maken a pig fly...

After all, I'm not wantin to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear..... I've tried it; and, I know that won't work! The wife still won't carry the damn thing. And to think, it was an anniversary present! Cut me deep, don't think I will ever get over it.... I worked on that ear for weeks..... Night before the big day, dog got holt of it, lathered it all up, didn't think I'd ever get it dried out... did soften it up some though .... well.... that's all bout that.

:nervous:

HeHe!!! I hope that weren't the hog that ate my lil brutha!!! :o

Damn, your wife's got a purse that's part made from my lil brother!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »

Have to agree with all of you guys about cruise.  Love it.  Works great. 

I bet the 85 MPH limit is programmable.  Wouldn't surprise me if they could do it through Digital Tech.  Has anyone asked a dealer about this? 

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »

Hmmm, very interesting idea.... Sounds like a job for the SERT..... Wonder if that control is in there?? Who do I know that might have a clue.......
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.