Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES  (Read 16218 times)

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
  • Screamin Chicken Hatched 5/13/05
Re: FOR ALL US HIGH SPEED JUNKIES
« Reply #150 on: August 28, 2005, 05:02:36 PM »

Now your gonna start talkin about beer.  Oh well, I drank my last alcoholic beverage about 19 months ago and it is significantly safer to see me on the road now so I better stay out of this one or I may wake up the beast.  Glad to see some good humor back on this thread and hope all the ill will is over.  Unless you have been sleeping with the wrong women (flash back to college) it generally takes two to keep pissin on each other and it looks like maybe you both have zipped up for now.  I guess this thread will go back to stories and pictures about how well we all like the new stabilizers we got until the next toy arrives.    JP

PS - Surprised I did not get more crap for the YELLOW RULES comment.   [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] Darn said it again.  .gif]

PS2 - My toys, which also include a Corvette and two racing waterbikes are a dead giveaway that I need all the therapy I can get.  Apparently I was pushed too slowly in my buggy as a child and never got over it.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

Triumph Rocket III - Pipes, Bags and JM music living with my dad for now

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #151 on: August 28, 2005, 10:45:06 PM »

PS - Surprised I did not get more crap for the YELLOW RULES comment.   [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=banana.gif] Darn said it again.  .gif]

PS2 - Corvette

Pappy, no one can give you any crap about how good the yellow bikes look.  They're so darned bright we all get blinded when we look at them !   By the way, what generation Corvette?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #152 on: August 28, 2005, 11:05:56 PM »

Here is something of a ride report after the installation of the Ride Str8.  Had the bike on the road about two hours last night and another hour late this afternoon.  Total of about 160 miles on the parts.

Looked at it both last night and this evening.  No issues with the physical installation.

As for ride, I notice no difference.  That's ok though.  I didn't think the red bike was acting up (yet) to begin with.  So that means the new parts didn't effect anything negatively.  Since there wasn't yet an issue to begin with that's exactly what I was hoping for.

Maybe.... maybe.... there were a couple of sweepers and a bit of twisties I played the bike through that might have felt more stable.  My perception at the time was honestly that I thought so.  But I also can't honestly tell anyone that it might not have just been my own imagination trying to convince me something was better because I would have liked it to feel that way.  

The only thing I didn't get to that I'd have liked to was run the bike up a bit.  It did occasionally have a bit of fishy-ness a little above 105 or so.  Not always but sometimes.  No place where I was at last night or today did traffic or roads let me get there this time though.

Ok, the install photos and the ride report pay my debt for gettng to jump ahead in line  [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 11:06:56 PM by twolanerider »

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2005, 06:18:24 AM »

Thanks for all the efforts and the nice pics.  Looks like I gotta loosen up and pull the D&Ds away a little to get at that bottom bolt but I am pretty good at that job as I installed them twice when I did not get the tranny bracket the first time.  I have studied the manual on the alignment since I still feel like mine wants to go a little right and this install will give me the push I need to go ahead and follow through and get it done.  I actually have been thinking about using a laser somehow to replace the string in that procedure.  Anybody ever try that?  The string thing just seems so low tech.  JP [smiley=banana.gif]

04 anniversary ragtop that I got before I realized that without the drinking, riding could be my daily transport of choice.  A stupid selection actually because it is basically my rain car.  Thinking seriously about getting a Viper Truck so I have room to haul (really fast) the bikes around and get ten spare pistons for the Rocket in my garage just in case.  Gas milage sucks but the fun per gallon ratio looks almost to good to pass up.  
05 Screamin Chicken, D&D FatCats, Kuryakyn Wild things Crusher build (Heads t46g cam Hi five AC) SERT Kuryakyn Panacea lights and funky extended brake pedal.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2005, 08:31:28 AM »

Thinking seriously about getting a Viper Truck so I have room to haul (really fast) the bikes around and get ten spare pistons for the Rocket in my garage just in case.  Gas milage sucks but the fun per gallon ratio looks almost to good to pass up.  

I wanted to do the samet thing, but you have to get the quad cab with automatic to be able to tow.  Too much truck in my garage, plus that huge, HURST six-speed shifter is a large part of the fun factor and I'd have been missing out.  If you haven't driven one of these trucks, though, go out and treat yourself!  They are a riot!

pappy2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2005, 10:01:28 AM »

I talked to the guy who designed the ontrack alignment stuff and pulled the trigger for 500 for a complete lift stand and alignment system.  
http://www.get-ontrack.com/index.htm

If the thing is as good as some say, I will post and let you all know how it went.   I realize that is truly nuts but I want the thing correct as do my fellow riders around here and if it works we can come up with some plan to split the costs later.   None of the dealers around here use these devices yet.   [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] JP

On the truck thing, I was thinking about taking the spoiler off and loading the bikes in the bed rather than towing them as I really like the look of the two door and who wants a 500 hp automatic?
May even get one used since the gas prices might be driving some owners nuts and my auto broker buddy may find a clean one fairly cheap.   The dealer has a yellow one coming in as well and we all know how I feel about yellow. [smiley=banana.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2005, 10:02:06 AM »

The string thing just seems so low tech.  JP [smiley=banana.gif]

04 anniversary ragtop  

Now I understand the differences between us Pappy.  String seems not nearly so low tech when your vette was built in November of 1956  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2005, 10:14:01 AM »

On the truck thing, I was thinking about taking the spoiler off and loading the bikes in the bed rather than towing them as I really like the look of the two door and who wants a 500 hp automatic?
May even get one used since the gas prices might be driving some owners nuts and my auto broker buddy may find a clean one fairly cheap.   The dealer has a yellow one coming in as well and we all know how I feel about yellow. [smiley=banana.gif]

pappy, that would work!  I wanted to tow, though, so I got a HEMI Rumble Bee (in yellow, of course!).  You can find used, low mileage SRT10s in the low to mid $30s pretty easy today and gas prices may, in fact, drive them lower, so GOOD LUCK!!!

Now, back on the subject, I wish you were closer.  I'd like to have you employ the laser alignment thingie on my '04, after I get my new rear tire, that is.  Then again, if 2lane was closer, he'd be putting my Ride-Str8 on for me. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I guess I need to move. [smiley=confused5.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2005, 10:19:06 AM »

pappy, that would work!  I wanted to tow, though, so I got a HEMI Rumble Bee (in yellow, of course!).  You can find used, low mileage SRT10s in the low to mid $30s pretty easy today and gas prices may, in fact, drive them lower, so GOOD LUCK!!!

Now, back on the subject, I wish you were closer.  I'd like to have you employ the laser alignment thingie on my '04, after I get my new rear tire, that is.  Then again, if 2lane was closer, he'd be putting my Ride-Str8 on for me. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I guess I need to move. [smiley=confused5.gif]

you need to do an ironbutt 3 day weekend for laborday, go see pappy and make sure your alignment is good then haul-ass to twolanes for Ride-Str8 and back home again
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2005, 10:19:17 AM »

I talked to the guy who designed the ontrack alignment stuff and pulled the trigger for 500 for a complete lift stand and alignment system.  
http://www.get-ontrack.com/index.htm

Yeap, Pappy has the sickness.  Another bright young fair haired boy taken over by the dark side of bikes, cars, gadgets and tools.  All hail the dark side  [smiley=7.gif]

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2005, 11:02:44 AM »

Twolaner,

Can you go into a little more detail on the removal of the right side bracket?  I know you have to remove the two bolts holding it to the frame and the center nut under the large chrome cover.  

Does it then drop down for removal or pull outward?  I suppose you have to jack the bike up in such a manner as to maintain the position of the rubber motor mount?

TB
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2005, 11:22:48 AM »

Twolaner,

Can you go into a little more detail on the removal of the right side bracket?  I know you have to remove the two bolts holding it to the frame and the center nut under the large chrome cover.  

Does it then drop down for removal or pull outward?  I suppose you have to jack the bike up in such a manner as to maintain the position of the rubber motor mount?

TB

No TB fortunately it's not that difficult.  That right side bracket sits on top of everything.  In fact you'd really not want to move things any more than you had to.  

We'll assume your right pipe is already out of the way.  The change of the right side bracket then is simply removing the passenger footboard, unbolting those two visible bolts you see, catching the bracket when it falls off, and replacing it with the new one.  Everything "inside" stays stable.  The only other thing you'll do is pop the protective/decorative covers off the old bracket and on to the new one.

TB

• Full CVO Member
  • Name: TB
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2005, 11:28:42 AM »

So the swingarm is still suspended and doesn't move?  Gee, I had visions of the swingarm dropping down and screwing up the alignment.  That was one of my main considerations when going with the TrueTrak.  I figured the RideStr8 was more difficult to install.    Sounds like I was wrong.

(PS - My other consideration was that my '03 SERK has a gold frame and I would have had to get the RideStr8 bracket painted to match.)
TB
2008 FLHX, 103 Big Bore, SE Air Cleaner and re-map, Klock Werk windshield.
2005 Assembled - Grim Reap'r -100ci RevTech, Prowler frame.
1993 Sportster - Steam Roll'r - 1200cc, 200 front tire, Paucho springer.
more photos at:  www.nccycle.com

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2005, 07:44:33 PM »

O'Fender, any chance of getting photos?

Still looking for photos, O'Fender. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2005, 10:42:57 PM »

Latest Delivery News for Group Purchase

Just received an email from Dan at Ride Str8.  The remainder of the supply for the group purchase shipped today and is scheduled by FedEx for delivery to me on Thursday.  Weekday FedEx deliveries here are sometimes late in the day.  If that happens they'll all reship to each of you on Friday.  If the parts happen to wander in here early I'll try to get them back out that day.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 24 queries.