Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO  (Read 15358 times)

Gecko

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: after the install of the recall upgrade kit on a 110 CVO
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 07:19:14 AM »

I took mine in yesterday evening for the recall, a balmy 36 degree ride.  My dealer told me a couple months ago that he'd call me when they got some more kits in.  Nothing.  Last weekend I was in and asked if they got any in....three.  With few bikes in for service this time of year you'd think they would at least want a little warranty work.

Grinding out the rocker boxes didn't help mine; that was done long ago and the noise has become "normal".  With revenues falling customer service from the MOCO will only get worse.
2007 SERK3, SERT, V&H Dresser Duals, Monster Ovals, IDS, HID, knocking sound, valve noise.

If you think it's the journey not the destination you don't live in Nebraska.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 11:09:53 AM »

Does this bulletin cover all the upgrades for the 07/08 110 or is there another bulletin with more stuff on?

Nige

Hey Nige, how ya doing? That Bulletin describes running changes they made to the 110's. They do not necessarily represent what they're doing to existing motors. Some of those items are included in the 0905/0906 Enhancements. You're not getting free new rocker boxes and gaskets or new heads. For the SERK, it's HG's, BG's, ACR's, and center bolt. As far as I know, that's all the SERK's get. Based on this, I agree with others here, if yours ain't broke, don't fix it. Ya got 2 years. Wait til it breaks/leaks again. It will! :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 11:40:57 AM »

Hey Nige, how ya doing? That Bulletin describes running changes they made to the 110's. They do not necessarily represent what they're doing to existing motors. Some of those items are included in the 0905/0906 Enhancements. You're not getting free new rocker boxes and gaskets or new heads. For the SERK, it's HG's, BG's, ACR's, and center bolt. As far as I know, that's all the SERK's get. Based on this, I agree with others here, if yours ain't broke, don't fix it. Ya got 2 years. Wait til it breaks/leaks again. It will! :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hey Howie - I'm doin just darn tootin thank you very much.

I was interested to see what the full upgrade was supposed to be according to my Yankee chums. The stealership phoned me a couple of weeks ago to say that my bike had a recall on it. I asked what they were going to do and they said "change the gaskets" and nothing else! This kind of got me a little worked up anyway as they had already "changed the gaskets" following my leak at about 4,000 miles. I wonder why they didn't mention the other things that you have said above?

Bike performed great during it's 8,500 mile extravaganzy and you are right in saying that "If it ain't broke don't fix it". That was my intention anyway.

It would be nice to have a printed letter from the MoCo to fling in front of them regarding the other upgrades. I guess I need the SERK specific upgrade notice.

Say Hi to Binx  :tr_4:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 11:44:28 AM »

Hey Howie - I'm doin just darn tootin thank you very much.

I was interested to see what the full upgrade was supposed to be according to my Yankee chums. The stealership phoned me a couple of weeks ago to say that my bike had a recall on it. I asked what they were going to do and they said "change the gaskets" and nothing else! This kind of got me a little worked up anyway as they had already "changed the gaskets" following my leak at about 4,000 miles. I wonder why they didn't mention the other things that you have said above?

Bike performed great during it's 8,500 mile extravaganzy and you are right in saying that "If it ain't broke don't fix it". That was my intention anyway.

It would be nice to have a printed letter from the MoCo to fling in front of them regarding the other upgrades. I guess I need the SERK specific upgrade notice.

Say Hi to Binx  :tr_4:

Nige

I surely will! And you do the same with Jan please! :2vrolijk_21:

You should bring this in. And taking a closer look, no BG's either! Actually, you should have gotten a letter from the factory. Believe it or not, even I got one. Yeah, like I'll be doing any of it! FTF!!! ::) ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 11:47:08 AM by Hoist! »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2008, 11:50:53 AM »

I surely will! And you do the same with Jan please! :2vrolijk_21:

You should bring this in. And taking a closer look, no BG's either! Actually, you should have gotten a letter from the factory. Believe it or not, even I got one. Yeah, like I'll be doing any of it! FTF!!! ::) ;)

Hoist! 8)

Well TY kind sir  :2vrolijk_21: just what I was looking for.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last bit - have you altered your bike outside of factory specifications in some way?

;)

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2008, 11:52:20 AM »

Well TY kind sir  :2vrolijk_21: just what I was looking for.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last bit - have you altered your bike outside of factory specifications in some way?

;)

Nige

Not at all Nige! I maintain much higher standards than they do, and exceed all of their specifications! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »

Not at all Nige! I maintain much higher standards than they do, and exceed all of their specifications! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Not too difficult to reach higher than those in MHO.

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 3
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2008, 03:27:41 PM »

I got a call from my dealer yesterday,my 08 cvo glide duracell went in for the recall on Monday, and they say that part of the recall is to check the barrells and mine needs new ones.The only problem is that the parts are on back order and they cant give me a time scale but they think about 8 weeks and I cant have the bike as the engine is in bits.I am so glad that i waited for the season to come to an end and I am not missing any days riding.
Hey John,
How many miles did you have on your duracell when she went in?

Jazz

Wildrat

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2008, 06:08:31 PM »

8 weeks! That's insane! HD should just buy relabeled motors from a reputable builder. If the Government had used my economic plan and had given us the 480 billion dollars, I would have gladly bought you a new motor, that's economic stimulus, not giving it to the crooks who caused the problem. Oh Well, I know it's gonna bother ya them having your bike. Hopefully you will get it back without left over parts.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 07:40:11 PM »

Nige,

Try printing out the two attachments I'm about to post, they have a full list of parts and part numbers for the 2 different "enhancement" programs.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 07:40:53 PM »

#2 attachment

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2008, 06:08:26 AM »

The mileage was 3700 when it went in for the recall. I have since spoke to Customer Services who have chased it up for me and the parts will leave Europe next Wednesday and arrive at the dealers 2 days later,so hopefully the following week the bike should be ready for me. 

The question is do I let them bring it back to me in their van or should I go and get it myself and give it a good run to see if there are any issues with the engine, its a 200 mile round trip to the dealers.

jazz

• Junior CVO Member
  • Happy Hog!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE 3
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2008, 06:38:24 AM »

The mileage was 3700 when it went in for the recall. I have since spoke to Customer Services who have chased it up for me and the parts will leave Europe next Wednesday and arrive at the dealers 2 days later,so hopefully the following week the bike should be ready for me. 

The question is do I let them bring it back to me in their van or should I go and get it myself and give it a good run to see if there are any issues with the engine, its a 200 mile round trip to the dealers.

John,
I had just over 5000 on the clock when my duracell went in for the fix.  I had no leaks or any problems before, and no leaks or problems now. I have done about 250 miles since the fix and all seems OK, although I have experienced that ticking sound from the top end that some of the guys have mentioned.  I put that down to a bit of bedding in!  I also got those Monster Ovals fitted that you recommended, and they are awsome!  ;D

Jazz

Wildrat

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2008, 10:10:13 AM »

Go get the bike and ride, it's only hundred miles back to the house, should be a nice ride for ya, and you can get a few miles on the motor, and don't forget your cell phone just in case.

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »

#2 attachment

Jerry

Thanks Jerry - always good to have more ammunition information than the enemy.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.