Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Bad HD Cases? What's Next?  (Read 7734 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: Bad HD Cases? What's Next?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2008, 06:26:17 PM »

Yours is still stock Bill, no?

Yup...at least through July
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

skyhook

• Senior CVO Member
  • ride 'em don't hide 'em

• CVO1: '08 fxdse2
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 10:09:22 PM »

new cases...definitely s&s...4.25 bore fits nicely
08 fxdse2, r&r heads, 257 cam, hpi 55mm t/body, supermeg

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2008, 10:18:27 PM »

Just a comment, do you think if people went to Polaris (Victory), the company
may take a look at what there making???

Just a comment concerning your comment.
I have looked at what Victory makes (along with many others) and am glad I have a Harley.
Victory may be for some people but not for me!
Give me an Aprilia Tuomo or a MV Agusta but give me a Victory and if I can find anyone that will buy it I will let them hold it.
JMHO

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2008, 10:20:34 PM »

Yup...at least through July

I'll bite.

Whats happening in July?

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

REGGAB

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2008, 06:38:02 AM »

I'll bite.

Whats happening in July?

Well, it's hot, so that means we'll probably be trying to stay cool.  Early mornings and late afternoons will be great times to ride.........although there will be the occasional jaunt through the mid day heat.  Might go swimming.  Beer will still be cold.  Work ain't going away.  I guess that's about it for July.   :huepfenlol2:

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2008, 09:30:17 AM »

And when poor quality rears it's ugly head, HD increses the slop specs to make it "within specs"

My motor (2nd) is 100% stock and still has issues.  There are many others in the same sinking boat.  Making extreme modifications for power is a personal choice, but a stock motor should be able to last.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2008, 09:33:22 AM »

And when poor quality rears it's ugly head, HD increses the slop specs to make it "within specs"

My motor (2nd) is 100% stock and still has issues.  There are many others in the same sinking boat.  Making extreme modifications for power is a personal choice, but a stock motor should be able to last.

So maybe I will sit on my D&D 2-1, sert and air cleaner a while...crud.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2008, 09:43:08 AM »

So maybe I will sit on my D&D 2-1, sert and air cleaner a while...crud.

Why Mike?
That makes no sense.
We all don't need to go hide in hope that ours will be ok.
I'm doing the same pipe and breather as you. (if my pipe ever gets here)

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2008, 09:47:49 AM »

Only musing Chip.  The 07 SERK was piped and serted at 500 miles and so far the new owner is diggin it, it runs cool, 240, strong and has not leaked yet, he is around 10k now in mileage now. He get around 36-38 mpg.

Are you getting the D&D header coated Chip?
I am sending mine out next week, not too much money for the results noted.

Sorry  :jack:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2008, 09:55:57 AM »

Only musing Chip.  The 07 SERK was piped and serted at 500 miles and so far the new owner is diggin it, it runs cool, 240, strong and has not leaked yet, he is around 10k now in mileage now. He get around 36-38 mpg.

Are you getting the D&D header coated Chip?
I am sending mine out next week, not too much money for the results noted.

Yes sir!

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2008, 01:28:40 PM »

new cases...definitely s&s...4.25 bore fits nicely

Just to clarify here, you CAN NOT use S&S cases, or any other engine manufacturer for that matter, on an 06Dyna & all '07's & up. You CAN NOT buy Jim's cases to build an engine with either. Only a complete Jim's engine can be purchased thru a HD dealer. You have NO options to build an engine except with HD cases. And those cases are junk! Now what? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2008, 01:35:45 PM »

Hoist,

Thinking out loud here, couldnt you just purchase an older transmission case and go with an older motor or other after market motor?

or

Have you decided which Jim's motor you are going to put in your bike?

When will you have defective engineering information about your cases that you can fight with to get replacements from the Moco even though you have said FTF or was it FTMoco
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2008, 02:04:05 PM »

Hoist,

Thinking out loud here, couldnt you just purchase an older transmission case and go with an older motor or other after market motor?

or

Have you decided which Jim's motor you are going to put in your bike?

When will you have defective engineering information about your cases that you can fight with to get replacements from the Moco even though you have said FTF or was it FTMoco

I'm waiting to hear about the measurements taken at the shop after the motor comes out and apart, or if Feuling wants to see them for themselves right now. I've no intentions of using a new Jim's motor. Just need good cases to rebuild mine with. If the measurements are off, HD will be replacing them under w.....ty. If not, something else caused the lifter/cam failure. We'll still want to know what did, before reassembling it.

It's more than just an earlier trans. It's inner and outer primary, everything inside the primary, new starter, clutch, etc! Lotta stuff required to go back to '06 and earlier design. But I can use any engine cases I want. So either I have adequate cases to build the engine with, replace the entire drivetrain, or buy a Jim's! There are NO other alternatives!!! Yeah, so call it what you want, FTF or FTMoCo!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »

I'm waiting to hear about the measurements taken at the shop after the motor comes out and apart, or if Feuling wants to see them for themselves right now. I've no intentions of using a new Jim's motor. Just need good cases to rebuild mine with. If the measurements are off, HD will be replacing them under w.....ty. If not, something else caused the lifter/cam failure. We'll still want to know what did, before reassembling it.

It's more than just an earlier trans. It's inner and outer primary, everything inside the primary, new starter, clutch, etc! Lotta stuff required to go back to '06 and earlier design. But I can use any engine cases I want. So either I have adequate cases to build the engine with, replace the entire drivetrain, or buy a Jim's! There are NO other alternatives!!! Yeah, so call it what you want, FTF or FTMoCo!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
Yep realized it was more than just the tranny and case, but it was just an idea incase you hadn't thought of going that route since you had said above you couldnt use any other motor, this was just the idea that you could change that and open yourself to a lot more possibilities if you were denied with by the people you are so fond of :)

I look forward to hearing the findings on this one, as you know my bike lost 2 lifters this past bikeweek and totaled everything in my cam chest.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2008, 05:54:19 PM »

Yep realized it was more than just the tranny and case, but it was just an idea incase you hadn't thought of going that route since you had said above you couldnt use any other motor, this was just the idea that you could change that and open yourself to a lot more possibilities if you were denied with by the people you are so fond of :)

I look forward to hearing the findings on this one, as you know my bike lost 2 lifters this past bikeweek and totaled everything in my cam chest.   

If I knew all of this, and about all the 110 problems, on day 1, you bet your ass I'd have an '06 stlye drivetrain in here. But I've no problems with my tranny, clutch, starter, or any part of the primary. I just picked up that SE compensator also. I've too much invested in this motor to chitcan it now. Just need to insure I have good cases with everything where it belongs. Either my cases are good, or I'll have them replace them under w.....ty. Seems to be my only realistic option at this point. If money were no object at all, I'd be replacing everything with the '06 or earlier stuff. But it is an object, and I need to get this back together as reasonably as possible now. Would'a gone for new cases, if there were anything to choose from. But there's not! We're all screwed I hope youze know!!! >:( ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 20 queries.