Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Fullsac Performance CVO 2.25 Hi Flow Baffles now available!  (Read 25127 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Fullsac Performance CVO 2.25 Hi Flow Baffles now available!
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »

How do you know which baffles ( 2.5,2 or 1.75) to go with. Is it based on sound, or are there some performance differences with each. I have had D & D Fatcat 2 into 1 with the quite baffles and would like something just a little loader ( very little). My new SESG will not have any mods done and may eventually go with cams down the road. Of course it will have a tuner maybe HD sesrt.

Fulsac will not be louder than your D&D 2-1 with quiet baffles.  The D&D is still louder than the 2.25" Fullsac.  I had the 2.25" Fulsac's, and I now have the Fatcat with the loud baffles.  My friend has the Fatcat with the quiet baffles.  The loud ones bark pretty well and the ones you have aren't bad...just a few levels quieter.

RGLIDE

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »

I have recently installed the Fullsac 2" cores w/ catless headers and the TTS mapping on both my SERG and my wife's SERG. The sound is right on the mark and a noticeable increase in HP. Steve and Dave at Fullsac are VERY helpful. Thanks :2vrolijk_21:

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »

I have a 2010 CVO SG coming soon and am very interested in going with the fullsac 2.0 or 2.25 baffels and removing the CAT along with a TTS tune.  There has been some spotty chatter regarding the new O2 sensors on the 2010 models and running the fullsac set-up.  Personally I don't see any issues, can someone comment on this?  I'll be giving fullsac a call but wondered what the people have to say.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2009, 10:51:34 AM »

I have a 2010 CVO SG coming soon and am very interested in going with the fullsac 2.0 or 2.25 baffels and removing the CAT along with a TTS tune.  There has been some spotty chatter regarding the new O2 sensors on the 2010 models and running the fullsac set-up.  Personally I don't see any issues, can someone comment on this?  I'll be giving fullsac a call but wondered what the people have to say.

I don't remember anyone saying they had a problem with the new heated 02 sensors, using the TTS tune.
If anyone has had issues, I'm sure they would have made it known!
I just returned home from 1500 mile trip with the "Fullsac conversion" and tune. Bike runs fine. 2010 Limited.
HOGMIKE

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2009, 02:11:37 PM »

I don't remember anyone saying they had a problem with the new heated 02 sensors, using the TTS tune.
If anyone has had issues, I'm sure they would have made it known!
I just returned home from 1500 mile trip with the "Fullsac conversion" and tune. Bike runs fine. 2010 Limited.

Thanks HOGMIKE.  I was actually referring to the discussions regarding "new" narrow band O2 sensors on the 2010 CVO's in order to keep the AFR's lean and EPA legal.  It seemed to be implied that the 2010's have new O2 sensors that make it difficult to lower the AFR in the closed loop configuration.  On the 2010 CVO 110CI moto can I run the Fullsac baffels, cut the CAT out, and use a SE pro tuner to bring the AFR down high 13's-low 14's with the stock O2 sensors?  Hell, I'm a bright guy but the more I read the more scrambled in the head I get  ???
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2009, 02:20:57 PM »

Thanks HOGMIKE.  I was actually referring to the discussions regarding "new" narrow band O2 sensors on the 2010 CVO's in order to keep the AFR's lean and EPA legal.  It seemed to be implied that the 2010's have new O2 sensors that make it difficult to lower the AFR in the closed loop configuration.  On the 2010 CVO 110CI moto can I run the Fullsac baffels, cut the CAT out, and use a SE pro tuner to bring the AFR down high 13's-low 14's with the stock O2 sensors?  Hell, I'm a bright guy but the more I read the more scrambled in the head I get  ???

Hogmike's limited is a 2010 and has the new heated narrowband sensors on it.  According to Fulsac, there isn't any issues with removing the cat and doing a tune.  There was some initial concerns that due to the proximity of the two sensors that there might be some cross-talk between them, but apparently, there's enough separation and cross talk is not an issue.  You should be okay doing the Fulsac conversion.  I would recommend though, that if you go the Fulsac route, that you get the TTS Mastertune as they have some pre-canned base maps already done up for the combination you're talking about.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »

After running with my 2010 SEUC (engine upgraded) with Fullsac's 2.25 baffles for a couple months, I decided to go to a D&D Boss FatCat with a big bore baffle. While I liked the Fullsac approach, I decided that to get the full performance out of my engine build, I needed to go to a 2:1. If anyone's interested, my 2.25" used Fullsac baffles (perfect condition) are for sale. New they go for $139 plus $20 shipping. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2009, 09:48:10 PM »

Thanks HOGMIKE.  I was actually referring to the discussions regarding "new" narrow band O2 sensors on the 2010 CVO's in order to keep the AFR's lean and EPA legal. It seemed to be implied that the 2010's have new O2 sensors that make it difficult to lower the AFR in the closed loop configuration.  On the 2010 CVO 110CI moto can I run the Fullsac baffels, cut the CAT out, and use a SE pro tuner to bring the AFR down high 13's-low 14's with the stock O2 sensors?  Hell, I'm a bright guy but the more I read the more scrambled in the head I get  ???

Instead of trying to get "high 13's-low 14's" on your AFR it would probably be better to get it on a dyno. and find out what it "needs" to make good power/torque.
Use whatever tuner you wish with the goal of having your engine run "optimized" across the range of load/RPM.
To answer your original question: With the TTS (and, I think the ssert) it's possible to change the "AFR" (actually Lambda) in the closed loop area within a certain range.
There has been no issues with the new 2010 o2 sensors and getting the bike to perform as desired. This is with 3 of our bikes here that are 2010. All these bikes are running the Fullsac baffles, SE air filter, TTS tune, but they vary a little due to different cams and compression ratios, but, they all run great!
I'm not sure how much of a change you can make to the tables in open loop, but, that actually defeats the purpose of having the sensors to begin with!
I suggest you give Steve G. a  call at Fullsac, and if you really want to know how the tuners work, give Steve C. a call at TTS....just depends how deep you want to get into the bikes computer!
I hope this helps a little.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 09:49:42 PM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »

Hogmike,

I had Steve remove the CAT from the header pipe of my 2010 ULTRA Limited added Supertrapp Fatshotz, there is no problem with the 02 crosstalking. The bike was tuned using HD SEST and dynod in Phoenix. Other mods included Andrews 54H cams, headwork, larger 1.90 intake valve, new guides, Cometic .30 Gasket done by SBC, HD Ventilator AC assembly.

HP now is 99.43 and TQ is 104.81, will be riding next week.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:28:30 PM by geezerglide »

Cakes

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 09:05:08 AM »

I have been lurking here for several months but have joined the group because there seems to be a great deal of very helpful info here.  Steve at Fullsac seems to be one of the most helpful in this thread.  I feel he has provided a very unbiased view of the topic despite his connection to Fullsac.  He was helpful to me on the phone.  Folks should know that Fullsac offers a discount to members!  I am now a Fullsac customer because he does not dish out any b.s. here or when we talked on the phone.

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 05:20:02 PM »

I sell the TTS software and have a dyno tuned map to match my parts. Call anytime for details.
Thanks

Steve
Steve I love my stage 2 with the 2" baffles! I just want to know did you get anymore T-shirts so I can do some advertising for ya'll?  :nixweiss:
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2010, 06:00:44 AM »

After running with my 2010 SEUC (engine upgraded) with Fullsac's 2.25 baffles for a couple months, I decided to go to a D&D Boss FatCat with a big bore baffle. While I liked the Fullsac approach, I decided that to get the full performance out of my engine build, I needed to go to a 2:1. If anyone's interested, my 2.25" used Fullsac baffles (perfect condition) are for sale. New they go for $139 plus $20 shipping. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Where are you located ? Are the mufflers still for sale ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2010, 09:51:47 AM »

Where are you located ? Are the mufflers still for sale ?

They are already sold.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2010, 02:27:21 PM »

THXS
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

harleyguynv

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC Red & Black
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »

Does Anyone know where I can find the thread where Steve from Fullsac shows the dyno comparison between the 3 different sized baffles? I want to look at it again. I believe the 2" give the best power. Any help is appreciated.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 20 queries.