Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: American Iron Article on the 110" Issues is out  (Read 22086 times)

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
Re: American Iron Article on the 110" Issues is out
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2008, 08:37:24 AM »

My useless opinion:

Easy riders has become a very strange mag.  Still some girl pics, but almost hidden like they're embaressed by them.  The reviews are quite outdated and they started to slide some metric junk in occoasionaly, I guess to test the waters.  What really offends me though is the point of few they espouse that freedom of choice means you don't ever want to wear a helmet.  F U man.  Freedom of choice means I can or or can't as I see fit.

AI has been so obviously in HDs pocket for at least the last five years, that I read it like I read the new model year brochures.  Some entertainment value, but it's all marketing so don't believe it until you verify it yourself.

Hot Bagger has some potential but they need to get some more content before they'll get the readership that AI and Easy riders has.

Although I read them all, my favorite is American Rider.  It only comes out every other month and product review wise I think they're sucking the MoCos tail pipe just like AI.  But they have some good ride reviews and their editorials are better written.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2008, 08:44:14 AM »

...  Plus I read it on the internet so it must be true.  ;)

In all fairness to Mr. Petersen he writes "I have been investigating the reports of a CVO 110 rear cylinder leak since Day One. However, Internet claims need verification. ... I did not feel comfortable writing this article until I had personally seen a malfunctioning CVO 110, taken it apart, diagnosed the problem, and repaired it to my satisfaction. One thing is clear: the Harley-Davidson approach is not working. My approach will."

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2008, 08:47:43 AM »

In all fairness to Mr. Petersen he writes "I have been investigating the reports of a CVO 110 rear cylinder leak since Day One. However, Internet claims need verification. ... I did not feel comfortable writing this article until I had personally seen a malfunctioning CVO 110, taken it apart, diagnosed the problem, and repaired it to my satisfaction. One thing is clear: the Harley-Davidson approach is not working. My approach will."

AJ - can you give an outline of how his approach differs from the MoCo's approach to fixing this 110 problem?

Despite all my unwitty/happy banter I am very interested in this one since my bike is scheduled for the MoCo makeover beauty treatment enhancement in the next couple of weeks or so.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2008, 08:48:38 AM »

"hard10, 07hd110, iski, Black Diamond 110, 110mofo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. "

Did you ever stop to wonder who "1 Guest" is?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2008, 08:50:16 AM »

God?

Willie G.?

Peter Fonda?

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »

AJ - can you give an outline of how his approach differs from the MoCo's approach to fixing this 110 problem?

Despite all my unwitty/happy banter I am very interested in this one since my bike is scheduled for the MoCo makeover beauty treatment enhancement in the next couple of weeks or so.

Unfortunately the author did not reveal that information at this time. I guess we'll have to buy next months copy to find out.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2008, 08:52:36 AM »

Unfortunately the author did not reveal that information at this time. I guess we'll have to buy next months copy to find out.

Thanks. 

Instead of randomly speculating, I will seek out the article when it is available & read it. 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008, 08:54:18 AM »

Instead of randomly speculating, I will seek out the article when it is available & read it. 

I have always been impressed with your random speculating.

Just sayin...

;D

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2008, 08:55:44 AM »

It appears the first article is the "teaser" to buy the second magazine. I was hoping the light of day would finally be shown on the 110 motor to more than just those of us that have found this site. I still bet the MoCo ain't happy.

JW

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2008, 08:56:45 AM »

at least AI magazine is getting press. :zzz:

of course the 110 owners know nuthing!

next

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2008, 09:08:40 AM »

I have always been impressed with your random speculating.

Just sayin...

;D

And I thought I was only impressing myself.  Thanks.   ;D

We need a Random Speculating thread - there are lots of folks here who are way better at it than me.   ;)

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2008, 09:40:26 AM »

And I thought I was only impressing myself.  Thanks.   ;D

We need a Random Speculating thread - there are lots of folks here who are way better at it than me.   ;)

Umm,

I thought all the threads on this site were random speculation.  I'm just saying...

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2008, 09:55:27 AM »

Isn't this old news?  The only remaining problem I'm aware of (on the '09's) is the potential for a bad crank.

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2008, 09:58:35 AM »

The flexi crank issue decribed in the attcahed doc...the early models have the greatest chance for the most runout.  Still not appeasing to me , but it is what it is.. :'(

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2008, 10:19:33 AM »

End play spec now .003-.013?  That's crazy.  Why don't they just FIX THE CRANK???!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:36:07 AM by PR3VS56 »

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 24 queries.