Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: Tater and Otis and other locals  (Read 4597 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Tater and Otis and other locals
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2005, 10:39:32 PM »

Now Hubbie what makes you so dam fast, I ain't never seen no fast Hardley's on the highway I'm thinkin you must have a rocket engine the way you talk. If the bike weights 800 lbs does that mean you weight 500lbs [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Jim, that 1300 pound dresser came up a long time ago:

Hey hd2003,
  That would be negative.  The Bike weighs 1070 lbs.  I weigh in at 240 lbs.  That's a gross weight of 1310 lbs.!  That was on scales that weigh Trucks that haul roof-bolts for the mining iundustry here in Beckley.  Lotta' iron, huh?  Go figger'. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] HUB out!

But later in the same thread a little sanity came to bear and we wondered if some of the "weight" might be a result of measurement on a big truck scale that's certified and sprung for accuracy on something like 130,000 pounds + on a double trailer truck rather than the few hundred pounds of a black high cubic inch dresser.  

A few years ago I did some work here for the state setting up some computer monitored calibration equipment on the large scales.  They are calibrated within ranges.  A scale built and calibrated for multi-ton measures could very easily be off several pounds down at what for it is the very very low end.

Don't know if that's what might be going on here.  Doesn't really matter either.  I really can't imagine almost 25% extra curb weight added in doo-dads.  But it's not my bike so I don't have to care what it weighs [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Hub, in his always infinite wisdom, even thought this seemed reasonable at the time:

Gentlemen,
  Thanks for the feedback!  Twolane's comments certainly stand to reason.  I'll weigh it again, soon....   Later-HUBBARD      

If that black bike (damn fine looking bike by the way) has been off its diet again I just hope she's added it all in horsepower and extra smiles per gallon.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2005, 01:06:09 AM »

I am sorry I am late replying I kept waiting for yall's replies, but it took you a while and well
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2005, 08:48:53 AM »

Is that motor a twin cam or a evo if its a

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2005, 08:59:43 AM »

Otis ol' bud, I see a lot of chit about nothing.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2005, 09:48:59 AM »

Similar to MFG...who many of us thought WAS unbalanced...as we looked to the mountains for signs of a sniper!

[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

RedFXR2

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2005, 10:15:21 AM »

Anybody called the front desk at the Jonathon Creek Inn lately?  I bet those pins are there by now. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2005, 11:59:39 AM »

BLM / Otis     (isnt that a motor name too?)

Its  a twin cam 124.    BLM stir that pot for me I need all the help I can get :)  I am not very good at it.   What did you name the grey hound bus your trying to run me over with ?

Whose picking on heritage he called himself a Hillbilly all I did was add Yankee to it cause he is from the North over 600 miles north of me.

See what I get for offering to check out Otis bike for the west coast guys ....   I offer to check out that special Math and all of a sudden I am put on the chopping block for it ...   I guess you cant win when you try to help others, someone always looking to ruin it for the ones your helping.  (BLM)

Actually,HD2003 is to blame here.  CHIP you offered up my 124 and its just a bit premature.     Hopefully by bikeweek it will be back and ready for some playing..

I want the name of the person Who said I was balanced ....    [smiley=banana.gif]
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2005, 12:27:10 PM »

Otis ol' bud, I see a lot of chit about nothing.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2005, 12:47:23 PM »

Those interested in meeting up with us while were in the Blue Ridge Area please email me at:

unbalanced@bellsouth.net

and I will send out our itinerary and see if we can't hook up while were up there.

BLM when you gonna bring out that pumpkin for a ride?   You visiting the east coast for biketoberfest?  
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2005, 01:56:49 PM »

See what I get for offering to check out Otis bike for the west coast guys ....
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2005, 02:01:52 PM »

YES to everything!

"It's all my fault!"
Phewwwwww, I feel better now!

Unbalanced,  IMHO
You need to chill!
There are members of this site that belong to an exclusive group called the,

AZZHOLE'S CLUB

People actually work hard to join.
These people are not the politically correct.
These people are the ones that make things happen.
And you don't need the fastest bike to join.
I even heard there's a moderator in the club!
After my phone conversation with you last night I realized you needed to know about this group.
But you gotta chill!
You may not want to be a member. That's the beauty of the club. If you don't, no one will care!
The members know who they are. If your not sure then that's a good sign your not!

Just remember,
YOU started this,
Your coming to NC and gonna show everyone your taillights.

What did you expect with that post.
Did you expect all to roll over and say take me Mr 124.
This site has many fine people and there are certain things some of us hold dear.
Respect is one of the most important.
In your world you may have plenty, but for me and maybe me only, just like showing your taillights, you will have to earn it.

Yes your right, it's ALL my fault.
But after our conversation last night I realized that you are a lot like many of us.
You have the need for H/P and speed. And that's wonderful thing!
Just chill a little!

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Look forward to seeing you in them hills!

Hopefully this post doesn't offend anyone.
If it does please PM me and I will apologize.
Maybe that will keep the "Deleting Queen" off my back.

[smiley=cherry.gif]

hd2003-se2005

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2005, 02:04:56 PM »

I don't believe anybody from the west coast has even posted in this thread yet.........but I'll volunteer.  Now run that by me again.........what is it you're offering to do for the "west coast"?

Listen.......fact of the matter.......I've been thourghly amused at this thread......downright funny chit goin on here........but let me be clear about this........while you're checkin out Otis bike........do us "west coast" guys a little favor and check em all out....including yours....and report back here.  Just so we know what's what, ya know. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

In the mean time, us "west coast" guys (how the hell did we get drug into this? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  LOL) are lookin forward to all you "southern" guys gettin together to see whose walkin their talk. [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Personally, I think it's gonna get real interestin and I'd give anything to be there when it happens.  And what happens afterwards?  I mean does the looser just kind of quietly go away......never to be heard from on this site again?  Or maybe he admits defeat, congratulates the winner then secreatly sells the homestead on a mission to build the monster motor of motors to return again?? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Inquiring minds want to know. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JC

I have to say!
And I feel like I'm quoting you,
"Now that's some funny chit"

So does that mean you "WEST COAST" guys are gonna gang up on me.
Damn, let me call USAir and get a plane ticket for Hubbard and Maude.

Yes I was right!
I do need protection.

[smiley=laugh.gif]

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2005, 02:05:41 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, hd2003,
 Here! Here!  I'll drink [smiley=drink.gif] (WATER) [smiley=beerchug.gif] to that!  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2005, 02:31:30 PM »

Now Hubbie what makes you so dam fast, I ain't never seen no fast Hardley's on the highway I'm thinkin you must have a rocket engine the way you talk. If the bike weights 800 lbs does that mean you weight 500lbs [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Just when I'm excited!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]  Later--HUBBARD

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2005, 02:59:18 PM »

I keep hearing all this stuff about guys with this and that, but its time to bring them out for a little show and tell and have no fear first round is on Phil :) [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Can a Georgia boy join this show and tell?  Do I have to bring my SEEG or can I bring the GSXR 1000?  Nether one has a 124 motor, but they will start when you hit the button!  

P.S.    That's a long ride on a Suzuki....., maybe 103Thunder (or Hubbard) could trailer it for me!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.