Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Products that over deliver  (Read 8381 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Products that over deliver
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2008, 11:06:05 AM »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »

Hoist, try here:

http://www.four-eyed.com/kom-wooltraditions/klar_ullfrotte.htm

Thanks mb! Site shows an '04 price list. Pricey stuff, but then again, I guess you get what you pay for. Must be good stuff. Are these list prices? Is there a place that has deals on this stuff? Thanks again! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2008, 11:17:25 AM »

Another site with a bit more current info. Don't own any of this stuff (yet) but living in Minnesota gives one many opportunities to wear this type of garment outside of the motorcycle riding experience so I could easily cost-justify the purchase!

http://redrockstore.com/Catalog/index.php?crn=130

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »

My Wife's '07 AWD Ford Fusion.  Unbelievable traction in bad weather and a great ride.  Very unexpected.
My wife's '07 Street Bob.  After years of wanting a Softail as the second bike, When I hit the lottery it'll be a dyne next to Nemo.
Those chrome hinges... D00d just don't know what he's missin'  ;D

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Well if you want to talk cars, dollar for dollar the best value in a sportscar is the Mitusbishi Eclipse GT-6 Syder Convertible with the Aero pkg, Rockford Fosgate Sound System and leather interior. Not just because I have one, but the vehicle compares with anything out there up to $80k and fully loaded, you can drive away in one for around $35k with 0% financing. It's a rocket sled on wheels that sticks to the road like glue, is comfortable even for a really big person like me, the top is quiet, the sound system is killer , everything works to perfection, maintenance is nill (this is the 2nd one I've owned) and they are too cool for school looks wise.

B B
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:23:52 PM by SPIDERMAN »

wts

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG crush
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2008, 05:49:27 PM »

GTR                          :nixweiss:
someday- today-will be the good old days

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »

Hoist not surprised to hear that the leather jacket has survived, quality stuff.  I see the guys from Dyer when they set up at the swap meet out here in the early spring.  They usually have 2 booths during bike week at Laconia.  I like to rattle old Georgie now and then as he is quite a character.  I believe it is a third generation family business and from what I'm told it doesn't appear that there will be a fourth generation. The work is too hard and the younger guys have different plans. I hate seeing businesses go overseas.  I know it is just a matter of time but when do we say enough is enough. I grew up near the New Hampshire millyard that stretched from Manchester and on to many mills in Massachusetts. I can still remember the large pipes from the tanneries dumping the dyed waste water right into the Merrimack. You never knew the color coming out from one week to the other. Glad to see clean water though. (www.walterdyer.com) 1-866-879-4654

The Redrock ice fishing supply site that Buy Early posted has the best prices I'm aware of. I'm serious about the ability of this stuff not getting any body odor. I've used mine all year and only hang it out to air out occasionally, and I don't sleep alone! The partial zip turtle neck in the 400 weight is the one I use the most, it has the thumb holes and wears well. My wife freezes just looking out the window and this combination has been the best yet. I just purchased the HD/Gerbing heated top and bottom so I can go real light on the clothing and still stay warm. I would stay away from the King of the Mountain Wool clothing.  Over priced and you can put the product right up to your mouth and breathe easily right through it, that tells me that it ain't worth a crap when it's windy out or in our case riding.  Wool needs to be woven tightly like some of the LL Bean stuff.

Another quality product that worked well for me was a set of riding shorts from LD Comfort. (www.ldcomfort.com) 1-888-642-7091. The shorts don't have any seams which make them very comfortable for long trips. It will reduce the chances of getting a sweaty & uncomfortable crotch when you are on a long trip. Most of the clothing made for serious bicyclicsts will work well for our application.

I should have included Swannie Wool clothing in the group. I purchased a set about 20 years ago and recently purchased some used on E-Bay. It came in a light brown military camo, a blue and black plaid and a red a black plaid. Every now and then I see a piece on e-bay. The parka is the warmest garment I own. It was made for some European military and the stuff was practically waterproof due to it's very tight weave and the type of wool used.  I don't know one sheep from another, honest, but the ones used were a special high altitude breed, plus it was virgin wool. If sheep are caught cheating and fooling around, is it still virgin wool? That must mean that regular wool is from the slutty sheep, now I know why there are so many sex and sheep jokes and stories. You could ruin a whole virgin wool company just by slipping in a male and wreck havoc on the herd!  

Ray G.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »

Great stuff Ray! Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Sorry to hear Dyer won't be carrying on after this. Mine won't last forever. Might need to pickup a new one to get me thru the next 20 years! Who am I kidding? The coat I have now will outlast me!!! :nixweiss: ??? ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »

walterdyre is pretty close to me, they stand behind all their work. i gotta get my chaps down to them the stitching one one of the zippers is coming undone
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2008, 09:40:45 PM »

25 year old single malt scotch

Beer
&
Krispy Kreme
not necessarily together though
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

REGGAB

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2008, 09:46:46 PM »

25 year old single malt scotch

Beer
&
Krispy Kreme
not necessarily together though

Who makes that?

I had the honor of receiving a bottle of 21 year old "The Glenlivet" from my shop upon my retirement, and was fortunate to share a nip of 33 year old "The Glenlivet" with my Dad a few years ago.

Never heard of a 25.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:25 PM »

Highland Park

Glenmorangie  25 and 30 year old
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2008, 10:13:40 PM »

Glenmorangie
Formally FLHTCUSE3

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2008, 10:17:09 PM »

Personally drink Lagavulin or Dalwhinnie except for special occasions

($400.00 - $800.00 bottles of Scotch cannot be a regular habit) 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 10:19:25 PM by FLHTCUSE3 »
Formally FLHTCUSE3

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2008, 10:49:32 PM »

Haagen Haz Carmel Cone Ice Cream!

http://www.haagendazs.com/products/product.aspx?id=303

Ya just had to go and do that, didn't ya AJ? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.243 seconds with 25 queries.