Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: SE Spark plugs ?  (Read 9475 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
SE Spark plugs ?
« on: December 05, 2008, 03:09:54 AM »

What is this ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
Re: SE Spark plugs ?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:02:28 AM »

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 04:47:27 AM »

What is this ?

Screamin' Eagle® Triple Platinum Performance Spark Plug

Three platinum points provide superior erosion resistance and extended life. Patented Split "V" side electrode better exposes the spark to air/fuel mixture. Fine wire center electrode improves starting characteristics.

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 04:52:39 AM »

What is this ?

Assume you're asking about Screamin Eagle branded spark plugs?  This is probably another topic that some will have near religious fervor over.  Triple platinum versus octuple electrode versus super-phallic-center-insulator.  But at the end of the day, especially for the limited duration most any of us actually leave them in, just about any of the common options from contemporary manufactured spark plugs are going to do just fine.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 05:29:42 AM »

Triple platinum versus octuple electrode versus super-phallic-center-insulator.

whoa, I need a  :drink:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 05:35:58 AM »

Assume you're asking about Screamin Eagle branded spark plugs?  This is probably another topic that some will have near religious fervor over.  Triple platinum versus octuple electrode versus super-phallic-center-insulator.  But at the end of the day, especially for the limited duration most any of us actually leave them in, just about any of the common options from contemporary manufactured spark plugs are going to do just fine.

They sound good Don, can we get a group buy going for them? I want mine chromed.

8)

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 06:26:00 AM »

So you think also that the SE-spark plugs are not necessary , and that they are not better ( just a little little little bit ) ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 06:31:22 AM »

So you think also that the SE-spark plugs are not necessary , and that they are not better ( just a little little little bit ) ?

Most people upgrade their plugs if they have any performance work done at all. I put new SE plugs in mine when I had PC III and a Doherty A/C installed. Subsequent Dyno runs saw me change to a Bosch high performance plug.

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 08:25:38 AM »

Bullchit....All Marketing,   When  Ed  Dyno'ed Rob's  SERG, he changed out a set between pulls NO DIFFERENCE, I guess it could be argued that the conditions couldn't be totally duplicated... I got better ways to invest my time, like removing cats and other chit...Greg
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 08:46:47 AM »

LMAO :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »

You're right Don ..... what a subject to start a major controversy over.  Well, might as well get it started.  I index my plugs to assure that the spark is directed as closely as possible towards the fuel supply.  Although I haven't got to that point as yet with the 110 (not enough miles to dyno yet) I used SE's (EX12P Part # 32321-91) exclusively in the 103.  In the 103 I began using them after getting a dozen given to me and found that the thread pattern exactly indexed the plug in the head.  For that reason alone, I continued to use them as opposed to shimming the OEM plugs.  I did notice on that motor and several others that there was a definite improvement in a quick start with a hot motor.  On the warmer 110's, I'm going to guess that the SE's will provide the same benefit given they index as perfectly as they did in the 103's.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 09:13:36 AM »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 10:31:44 AM »

Next we could argue discuss the best type of wax/polish to use on our spark plugs.

From my old dirt bike days & even later, the type (brand, etc.) of plug has made a big difference, but it's sorta like religion or politics as to individual beliefs.

On examination, my spark plugs look almost conventional, except they are hand crafted by the foremost spark plug guru/manufacturer in the world - it takes him 2 months to make a set of 2 perfectly matched plugs.  Then they are aged for 1 year in a special hermetically sealed humidity free chamber (mayonnaise jar) filled with helium.  And no, he does not sell on Ebay.......

:huepfenlol2: ;) :huepfenlol2:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 10:48:47 AM »

Next we could argue discuss the best type of wax/polish to use on our spark plugs.

From my old dirt bike days & even later, the type (brand, etc.) of plug has made a big difference, but it's sorta like religion or politics as to individual beliefs.

On examination, my spark plugs look almost conventional, except they are hand crafted by the foremost spark plug guru/manufacturer in the world - it takes him 2 months to make a set of 2 perfectly matched plugs.  Then they are aged for 1 year in a special hermetically sealed humidity free chamber (mayonnaise jar) filled with helium.  And no, he does not sell on Ebay.......

:huepfenlol2: ;) :huepfenlol2:

You been putting octane booster in your coffee again??

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 10:52:04 AM »

You been putting octane booster in your coffee again??

Not after that first experience but it did boost my performance by 7.843%.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.