Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Author Topic: Nasty gap 'tween '09 seat/console, MoCo is aware and replacing!!!  (Read 50678 times)

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
Re: Nasty gap 'tween '09 seat/console, MoCo is aware and replacing!!!
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2009, 05:44:55 PM »

Just got off the phone with MOCO customer service. According to Debbie (who talked to some muckity muck in the Touring division while I was on hold), there is NO FIX for the seat, it has not been redesigned and there are no plans to do so. The MOCO currently has no plans to resolve this issue. I really think they don't give a sh*t. I made sure that the MOCO knows that my seat pops loose, is a safety issue, and that I've filed a complaint with the NHTSA. They offered me nothing.

Sounds like the only way the MOCO is going to do anything about this is if enough people complain or if somebody gets killed as a result of the seat detaching.

If you want your stock seat fixed (and even if you've already bought an aftermarket), you should call MOCO customer service and complain about the seat. In addition, file a complaint with the NHTSA.

Any lawyers around here interested in some pro bono work?

I know I should just buy the Corbin I want but that's not the point. The MOCO probably figures they can get away with another one if they just don't do anything about this. Why should we spend our money to fix the MOCOs problem? If we continue to let them get away with this kind of sh*t, they will continue to take advantage of us in any way they can. This is my third Harley. It's also my last... I certainly won't buy any more motorcycles from a company that doesn't give a sh*t about the safety of it's customers.

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2009, 06:00:21 PM »

If you'd like you can replace the bracket at the rear of the seat with part # 51799-06. This will move the seat forward enough to meet/touch the end of the console. It also makes the frame mounted seat tab reach futher into the slot on the bottom of the seat. That stops the seat from popping lose at the front mount. This part is a BLACK (not chrome)Heritage seat bracket. It looks fine IMO, and it has the fender thumb screw spring loaded to the bracket. So it won't back out and get lost. The bracket sells for $14.99 but the service mgr at Smith Bro H-D gave it to me. Mine is the only SERG they sold, so this was their first time dealing with the seat issue. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:47:16 PM by ZOOMballs »

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2009, 07:13:50 PM »

Thanks for the info. I've already modified the original tab to force the seat forward so it stays put.  :soapbox: The fix is easy but this is not the issue. Why should I have to replace, modify, fix, whatever, anything on a $30k motorcycle to make it safe? Why should I have to modify the seat to cover exposed wiring? Why should I have to buy a new, aftermarket seat to make my bike safe (and comfortable) and to hide unsightly bits? Why should I have to spend more money on an already extremely expensive product (supposedly Harley's best offering) to make it function correctly?  :soapbox:

If you'd like you can replace the bracket at the rear of the seat with part # 51799-06. This will move the seat forward enough to meet/touch the end of the console. It also makes the frame mounted seat tab reach futher into the slot on the bottom of the seat. That stops the seat from popping lose at the front mount. This part is a BLACK (not chrome)Heritage seat bracket. It looks fine IMO, and it has the fender thumb screw spring loaded to the bracket. So it won't back out and get lost. The bracket sells for $14.99 but the service mgr at Smith Bro H-D gave it to me. Mine is the only SERG they sold, so this was their first time dealing with the seat issue. Hope this helps.

ZOOMballs

• Junior CVO Member
  • Me and my shadow
« Reply #243 on: July 30, 2009, 07:57:02 PM »

Thanks for the info. I've already modified the original tab to force the seat forward so it stays put.  :soapbox: The fix is easy but this is not the issue. Why should I have to replace, modify, fix, whatever, anything on a $30k motorcycle to make it safe? Why should I have to modify the seat to cover exposed wiring? Why should I have to buy a new, aftermarket seat to make my bike safe (and comfortable) and to hide unsightly bits? Why should I have to spend more money on an already extremely expensive product (supposedly Harley's best offering) to make it function correctly?  :soapbox:

We shouldn't have too. I'm not defending the motor company. And I'm sure not justifying the sorry ass workmanship on our bikes. I was however, happy to find the dealer was willing to help me,while knowing that the MOCO wasn't willing to.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:12:52 PM by ZOOMballs »

KC1919

« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2009, 04:04:13 AM »

Hey Zoom, Glad to hear they done that for you.  I also bought my SERG from Smith Bro's.  Hopefully they will continue to help with problems we have.  A small dealership that only sold two or three may help us out.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2009, 08:30:14 AM »

I agree with blazo!

I talked to the dealer, sent him email, pics. Nothing happended.

I worte an email to Nigel Villiers Direcotr H.O.G. & Rider Services Europe, Middle-Easst & Africa), know him personally from several HOG-Meetings, rides a SERG himself, no reply.

I wrote the same email to Jeremy Pick (manager operations&communications H.O.G. & Rider Services, HD-Europe, Middle-East & Africa). He wrote back he will send it to HD-Country Manager, dealer. HD-Service-Rep went to the dealer, talked about it and a new seat is on the way, tire nothing.

I wrote the same email to Keith E. Wandell, it came back.

I wrote the same email to Rob Lindley, new to the MOCO, replied during his indruction-program in Milwaukee and about 1 day later HD-Country-Manager called me. Now I get a new tire as well.

If you know people at the moco, if you read about people/manager of the moco in newspaper, sent them emails with your complaints. That's really disturbing them, e.g. firstname.name@harley-davidson.com

bandit  :mango:, :bananarock:, :huepfenjump3:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

Steep

« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2009, 06:53:40 PM »

Picked up my bike today with the supposedly improved seat. NOTHING NEW. The Service Manager said they tightened the "tolerances" but the seat has in no way been upgraded. He is more than willing to work with me, but the MOCO is doing nothing to get this thing right, at least in us owner's opinion.

Rode about 100 miles on it and the exposed wires were happily enjoying the sunshine. Since I want an "original" seat for this bike, I am doing nothing more unless the MOCO redesigns the seat. The dealer will credit me for this seat towards an aftermarket seat, but I will have to give up my original seat in the process. If I feel the way about this issue on Monday that I do now, I might give customer service a ring and burn their ears a bit. It is my opinion that nothing will come of this issue as my wife was looking at the 2010 CVO Street Glide today and that seat is just as flimsy as my SERG seat. Interestingly, the 2010 Road Glide Custom seat has a stiff seat pan and doesn't flex at all. ???

I will encourage everyone here to bypass the dealers and go straight to MOCO Customer Service because my SM says that in his 25 years with HD, the MOCO eventually does something to satisfy the CVO customers as they get better treatment than the "regular" HD buyer. An example they gave was that a new RK owner came in complaining about his seat and the MOCO would absolutely do nothing about it. At least they sent me a new seat, but for reasons beyond me since it is a duplicate of the original.

Guess I'll start looking for a new aftermarket seat....................

Steep

Tony Smith

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE
    • CVO3: 2019 FLHXSE
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2009, 09:29:07 PM »

I say we designate a date and time and all of flood MOCO Cust Serv. at the same time with phone call complaints.
2019 FLHXSE Black Forest/Wineberry
2017 FLHXSE Black/Orange FOR SALE
2012 FLTRU Black SOLD
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver SOLD
2007 FXSTC Black Cherry/Pewter SOLD
1988 Suzuki Katana 750 SOLD
1994 Kawasaki KX250 SOLD
1974 Honda 500 (crashed and left in a ditch somewhere)

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2009, 09:36:12 PM »

...I might give customer service a ring and burn their ears a bit....

You should call them whether you get an aftermarket seat or not. The more complaints/calls they get regarding this seat, the more likely they are to do the right thing.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2009, 01:39:38 PM »

good idea asmith1923!!!

For us-cvo-owners asmith1923 proposal should work, all the others
should write emails to HD-country-manager and to who they ever know
working for the moco. If we could find out the name of the customer-
service-manager, we could send him emails.

bandit  :P
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

911Hawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide O/B
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »

After three seats, the dealer decided to take it a step further and ordered a street glide seat. It looks great on the bike and no more gap. :bananarock: :carrot: :orange:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2009, 05:39:03 PM »

Looks good, much better than stock. great solution
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

911Hawk

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide O/B
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »

Thanks, one more, this is with 250lbs on it. The seat did not move. :2vrolijk_21:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2009, 05:56:16 PM »

Thanks, one more, this is with 250lbs on it. The seat did not move. :2vrolijk_21:
hmm, so it's just a rumor
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

..Hawk

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2009, 06:13:46 PM »

Just got off the phone with HD Customer Service, Debbie is trying to help.  She opened up a complaint file and proved a number for reference. Her Instructions are to get back with my dealer and have them contact her for a new seat authorization.  My bike was suppose to have been built after the seat fix. HD website states no email at this time.  Best fix is the dealer that ordered a upgraded seat.  Any cost to upgrade?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21

Page created in 0.471 seconds with 24 queries.