Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: Nasty gap 'tween '09 seat/console, MoCo is aware and replacing!!!  (Read 50362 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: Nasty gap 'tween '09 seat/console, MoCo is aware and replacing!!!
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2009, 06:49:46 PM »

OK.. pics:

What it looked like when I rolled back the cover.

THe mentioned saddle cut into the foam:

Properly in place:

Look, leather:

Cover back in place... notice how much tension is taken up on... Staples are in close to the original locations... but the original holes are farther inboard now.

On the bike (seat bracket drilled and tab slid deeper into the seat):

Sorry, no pic of the mounting bracket, but what I did was drill the small hole between the two mounting holes and used that newly drilled hole as the rear point for a fitment test. If this works, I will use Dan_Lockwood's cad drawing and have a buddy cut me one on the waterjet.

From above:

Seated with 280lbs of fat ass on the seat:

Initial results... I like moving the seat forward... it seems to create the "sweet spot" the Seat was lacking. the move forward seems more comfortable...

Test ride tonight!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2009, 07:04:43 PM »

Well I be damn.... wouldn't that be something if that is the only thing wrong w/these seats.... they weren't put together correctly. :shocked2: ::) :-X

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2009, 07:07:21 PM »

Well I be damn.... wouldn't that be something if that is the only thing wrong w/these seats.... they weren't put together correctly. :shocked2: ::) :-X

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Maybe made in China for riders less than 100lbs?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2009, 07:13:45 PM »

Maybe made in China for riders less than 100lbs?
Could be right. :(

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2009, 08:07:18 AM »

The night ride review of the seat mods...

OK.. so I might have had one too many tonight... but I'm home safely, and I love the sweet spot in the seat.

I will finish the bracket tomorrow.. I hope and do final fit and finish.

Oh.. BTW, the original configuration put the left side of the seat to the saddlebag... adjusting the bolts fixed this... now its even...

More riding tomorrow... momma hopes this fixes the seat issue and as such will allow me the extra funds to order my tourpak and lowers, and related stuff.

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2009, 10:18:56 AM »

I think the gap will return.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2009, 09:44:19 PM »

Another day of riding... The seat moved forward the roughly 1/2-3/4" is PERFECT for me.. much more comfortable..

NOW, I can order the tour pak, lid spoilers and the rest of my goody list...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 03:33:03 AM by 2009_FLTRSEI3 »

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #277 on: August 31, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »

I think the gap will return.

Possibly, but to help eliminate that possibility, I roller the seat foam over the tongue so it cant slide back and away. Time will tell.... 200 miles so far, and no sign of movement.

A buddy with an upholstery shop aske if the foam was glued to the pan and I told him no... I guess it should be, given the shape of the pan...If it moves again thats the next attempt.

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #278 on: August 31, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »

Possibly, but to help eliminate that possibility, I roller the seat foam over the tongue so it cant slide back and away. Time will tell.... 200 miles so far, and no sign of movement.

A buddy with an upholstery shop aske if the foam was glued to the pan and I told him no... I guess it should be, given the shape of the pan...If it moves again thats the next attempt.

Good luck, i hope it works for you. I ordered the SESG seat, hope it fits and looks good on. I know the stock street glide seat fits well,  just did not like the look. Has anyone tried the SESG seat. Any info would help.  Thank`s  JP
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:35:13 PM by JP »

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #279 on: September 01, 2009, 09:19:09 AM »

Good luck, i hope it works for you. I ordered the SESG seat hope it fits and looks good on. I know the stock street glide seat fits well,  just did not like the look. Has anyone tried the SESG seat. Any info would help.  Thank`s  JP
I have the same problem on my SESG. Had to order a new one. Two inches short, when I bought the bike. 500 mi later it is almost 3 inches. I get the new seat today.
TJ
TJ

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2009, 02:56:02 PM »

Just came back from the 15k miles service and i got a new seat .
Believe it or not .
Allthough it is brand new , it seems to be modified , the front nose is stiffer and you cannot move it up . The directly comparison seemed to show the same seat , but it has a better fit and is more difficult to mount at the front where you have to slide in the metall into the seat"bag" .
Should they really have modified it finally . We will see .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #281 on: February 26, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »

LONGER SEAT REPLACEMENT/EXCHANGE FOR STOCK SEAT
Got my stock seat replaced with a seat the service rep at Faultline HD in Fremont, CA stated was a longer seat and the recommended fix for the front of the seat (female) coming unhooked from the (male) bracket.

Item: 51531-09  SEAT, FLTRSE3  $529.99
Labor: Job Code: 2506  Tech:SPL  0.10 (Thinking minutes here)  $114.00
Work Description: TECH INSTALLED NEW SEAT

Cost to me: $0.00

I stopped by Metal Dragon to pick up some fine riding gear for my graying hair when I noticed I had something loose in the front of my jeans.  I mentioned it to Jim (HD-DUDE) who said there was an issue with the seat of the bike.  He tried to do a quick adjustment using a screw driver to the back latch of the seat of the bike to no avail. (Mentioned the drilling of a third eye.) Mentioned there was a topic on the site and to contact a dealer. (I think he's okay with the dealership where I did my CVO purchase, but I'm not. So I went to Faultline HD when I left Jims about 10 mins. away).  They knew of the issue and would have fixed it on the spot but didn't have inventory. Called me 4-days later, took 10-mins. I've ridden a whole 15 city miles appx. with no issues. Did get it up to 105 on 680, realized I was safely in my lane and backed it back down to 70 and the NEW LONGER SEAT stayed on. (Fueling cam installed by Jim allows for this too easily)

Seat looks good, maybe a quarter inch back from tank chrome piece when I'm sitting. (Embarrassed I don't know what the chrome piece is called.)

The rag for my head was only $4.xx (xx=change) with the CVOHARLEY discount at Metal Dragon. It's about $16.00 cheaper than some of the ones I looked at earlier in the day. Thanx Jim :2vrolijk_21: (Jim is going to put the Cycle gear dept. at WalMart out of business)

Don
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

Blazo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #282 on: February 26, 2010, 07:42:51 PM »

LONGER SEAT REPLACEMENT/EXCHANGE FOR STOCK SEAT
Got my stock seat replaced with a seat the service rep at Faultline HD in Fremont, CA stated was a longer seat and the recommended fix for the front of the seat (female) coming unhooked from the (male) bracket.

Labor: Job Code: 2506  Tech:SPL  0.10 (Thinking minutes here)  $114.00
Work Description: TECH INSTALLED NEW SEAT

Cost to me: $0.00

I stopped by Metal Dragon to pick up some fine riding gear for my graying hair when I noticed I had something loose in the front of my jeans.  I mentioned it to Jim (HD-DUDE) who said there was an issue with the seat of the bike.  He tried to do a quick adjustment using a screw driver to the back latch of the seat of the bike to no avail. (Mentioned the drilling of a third eye.) Mentioned there was a topic on the site and to contact a dealer. (I think he's okay with the dealership where I did my CVO purchase, but I'm not. So I went to Faultline HD when I left Jims about 10 mins. away).  They knew of the issue and would have fixed it on the spot but didn't have inventory. Called me 4-days later, took 10-mins. I've ridden a whole 15 city miles appx. with no issues. Did get it up to 105 on 680, realized I was safely in my lane and backed it back down to 70 and the NEW LONGER SEAT stayed on. (Fueling cam installed by Jim allows for this too easily)

Seat looks good, maybe a quarter inch back from tank chrome piece when I'm sitting. (Embarrassed I don't know what the chrome piece is called.)

The rag for my head was only $4.xx (xx=change) with the CVOHARLEY discount at Metal Dragon. It's about $16.00 cheaper than some of the ones I looked at earlier in the day. Thanx Jim :2vrolijk_21: (Jim is going to put the Cycle gear dept. at WalMart out of business)

Don

I just called my dealer. They looked up the number you listed and said it is a stock FLTRSE3 seat, same OEM seat that came with all FLTRSE3s. AFAIK, and i did just speak to my dealer, there still is no fix for this POS seat. I'm glad it didn't cost you anything but I think someone is feeding you a line of chit if they are telling you there is a new, longer seat to fix this issue. Perhaps you could measure your seat end to end. My stock seat is roughly 30 inches nose to tail. How long is your "longer" seat?

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »

It shocks me to hear they only want $529.99 for seat (i.e. 2% of the original cost of the bike was the seat). 
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
    • HI

« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2010, 01:54:09 PM »

I still have a few of the brackets I made if anyone is interested.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 20 queries.