Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Cee Bailys 09 SERG Windshield Review  (Read 18583 times)

shredsurf

• '09 FLTR - Red Hot Sunglo
Re: Cee Bailys 09 SERG Windshield Review
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2009, 11:39:36 AM »

Have to clean them up today. and get some very good riding in finally, the wait was worth it. For those looking for a lot of wind protection Cee Bailys also offers the full line of touring shiels for the 09 SERG to go with the stock gasket (seal). Doc

Doc, that was the BEST review I've seen to date!  :orange: You've helped me make the final decision!  :2vrolijk_21:

THANK YOU!!

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2009, 01:05:39 PM »

I jusat got your message on the other board, Sorry so late responding. You will like the shield.  Doc

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2009, 08:49:37 PM »

Installed the CB 13 and got in the first ride today.  At 55 it was great.  At 70 some wind at my ears but was tolerable.  No problems listening to the radio but I would give much or all of the credit to the new K&M speakers.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2009, 06:25:38 PM »

Installed the CB 13 and got in the first ride today.  At 55 it was great.  At 70 some wind at my ears but was tolerable.  No problems listening to the radio but I would give much or all of the credit to the new K&M speakers.

You mean the J&Ms
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Dunwurkin

« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2009, 06:45:56 PM »

I almost ordered the CB but had a CV GT Small Tinted that I really liked.  For the new SERG I ordered a custom dark tint that is 2" shorter.  Tried it out and it works really well.  I see well over it, I'm 5' 10", and buffeting wasn't bad at all.  Over all I'm really pleased with both form and function.

Ted

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2009, 02:53:25 AM »

CVs :
 sport 9"
 GT-small 11.5"
 your new custom , a GT ? ( flat angle ) or stock angle like the sport ( less flat angle , more straight high ) ?
 2" shorter ( than small ? ) would be 9.5"
 or 2" shorter than stock ? would be 10.5"

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2009, 08:06:02 AM »

I have tried the GT -1" and got a lot of eyeglass buffetting from it, I also did not like the looks of it on the bike, Glad it works out for you.  Doc

elmo

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2009, 08:57:09 AM »

I have the KW 12" windshield and hate it. I do not like the fit so I will be returning it, hopefully. The question I have is will the CB windshield work with the Harley windshield trim piece?? I have one that would not work with the KW shield and was wondering if it would work with the CB shield.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2009, 09:22:54 AM »

I have the CB 14" and have installed the trim piece, But, I got the Hardware kit from Clearview to make it fit. you have to chit can the hardware from CB. the whole thing gets assembled off the bike and then installed as one unit. works fine. I think the hardware cost me 14 bucks. But I am waiting on my CV 15" and change it out AGAIN.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Dunwurkin

« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2009, 10:07:55 AM »

CVs :
 sport 9"
 GT-small 11.5"
 your new custom , a GT ? ( flat angle ) or stock angle like the sport ( less flat angle , more straight high ) ?
 2" shorter ( than small ? ) would be 9.5"
 or 2" shorter than stock ? would be 10.5"

From the centre screw to the top edge, the measure is 11.5".  From the top edge to the ledge on the tach/speedo is 10.5".  The angle is therefore slightly more upright than the GT small. With the recurve and upright angle, it was deflecting the wind very well.  The lower profile look also pleased me, though it may not please some.  To each his own!  The GT small I have rakes quite a bit further back and is approx. 2" higher, but it seems to have less recurve and less upright angle than the one in my pic so honestly, it protects only a little better than the new custom. 

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2009, 04:34:15 PM »

Then one could define this shield as a : CV sport plus 2.5" dark grey with recurve
That`s it .
 Looks pretty good and the more upright angle is the way to go , i think .  :2vrolijk_21:
( How did you named or defined your order in words exactly ?)

Dunwurkin

« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2009, 05:29:28 PM »

Then one could define this shield as a : CV sport plus 2.5" dark grey with recurve
That`s it .
 Looks pretty good and the more upright angle is the way to go , i think .  :2vrolijk_21:
( How did you named or defined your order in words exactly ?)

Just talk personally to John @ Clear View.  We determined that simply a taller version of the Sport was the way to go even though it is the thinner material.  I told him I wanted exactly a 2" lower sightline at the top edge than my GT Small and we came up with the one seen above.  I think it will work great for all my day-riding but honestly, if I'm going cross-country, I'll pop on the CV GT small for a little more rain protection...but I still see over it by an inch or so.

Ted

arthurman83

• CVO1: 2007 FXDSE Red/Black (sold)
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black (sold)
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Orange/Black
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2009, 05:46:48 PM »

JP or TLR, could one of you please post a few pictures of the 13" shield installed?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2009, 06:05:22 PM »

Just talk personally to John @ Clear View.  We determined that simply a taller version of the Sport was the way to go even though it is the thinner material.  I told him I wanted exactly a 2" lower sightline at the top edge than my GT Small and we came up with the one seen above.  I think it will work great for all my day-riding but honestly, if I'm going cross-country, I'll pop on the CV GT small for a little more rain protection...but I still see over it by an inch or so.

Ted

The dark ones allways are the thinner material , they do not have thick in dark grey .
all stock angles besides the sport willbe a custom , i guess , all the other shields are GT , that does mean that they have a more back leaned angle , is that right ?
Wrote them a mail but no answer yet .

Dunwurkin

« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2009, 08:31:33 PM »

The dark ones allways are the thinner material , they do not have thick in dark grey .
all stock angles besides the sport willbe a custom , i guess , all the other shields are GT , that does mean that they have a more back leaned angle , is that right ?
Wrote them a mail but no answer yet .
Yes, the GT has more angle leaning back, and yes the custom is of the thinner material but I saw no vibration on mine and I think the recurve helps to make it stiffer. 

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.