Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Cee Bailys 09 SERG Windshield Review  (Read 18425 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Cee Bailys 09 SERG Windshield Review
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2009, 04:28:42 PM »

Doc, Thanks for taking the time to do this for us. This is why I feel this site is so valuable. People like you that take the time to show the rest of us the In's and outs of install things.  Thanks again.  :2vrolijk_21:

I'll second that.  Don't even have a RoadGlide, but may come in handy some day.

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2009, 04:44:06 PM »

Has anyone used one of his windshields on an ultra and if so are you happy with the looks and the wind protection. I have noticed that the SCC shield is quite a bit different than the stock shield from the MOCO which is OK and I even like the looks but the protection and noise are primary factors...Input would be nice

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »

Pic of 40 ft out from front tire, I can see this over the top but the camera caught the top of the shield. But my line of site in riding position I can see this.  Doc

I am guessing this is the dome shape on the shield.  Am I correct?

Do you feel it is worth the 275 I was quoted plus shipping?

Thanks
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Wildrat

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »

Are FLHT and FLHX shields the same? I think they are but just want to make sure.

Go to www.ceebailys.com   They have a web site also contact nimbers if you have questions.  Doc

Has anyone used one of his windshields on an ultra and if so are you happy with the looks and the wind protection. I have noticed that the SCC shield is quite a bit different than the stock shield from the MOCO which is OK and I even like the looks but the protection and noise are primary factors...Input would be nice

This link will take you to the Harley area. I can't help you much more with your issue as I have a FLHX.
http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:28:47 AM by Wildrat »

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2009, 06:12:15 PM »

I spoke with my CVO exec contact in Milwaukee today and asked about the gasket...he called me back with good news...(some of you may already be aware of this) although the book does not show it with a part number - there is one (57660-09)...he mentioned how on the hard copies it will not show but if you pull up on the computer it will, my dealer is closed today so I couldn't check...he believed the retail to be - not cheap - $32.50

cheers, Carlos
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2009, 10:29:12 PM »

I spoke with my CVO exec contact in Milwaukee today and asked about the gasket...he called me back with good news...(some of you may already be aware of this) although the book does not show it with a part number - there is one (57660-09)...he mentioned how on the hard copies it will not show but if you pull up on the computer it will, my dealer is closed today so I couldn't check...he believed the retail to be - not cheap - $32.50

cheers, Carlos

Carlos, is that gasket to be used with other shields?  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2009, 01:07:13 AM »

Even listed at a german online-dealer for 40,96 Euro , i just checked -
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2009, 08:21:01 AM »

Carlos, is that gasket to be used with other shields?  Let's Roll

from what I'm reading here - the new one from Cee Bailys is designed to use it exclusively...somebody correct me if I'm wrong on that
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2009, 09:58:15 AM »

I called Anthony yesterday and no gaskets are available. He wanted to know if I wanted the Euro of Dome on my order and I didn't know. Which one was tested here ??  I have to call him back this morning.  Doc

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »

I am guessing this is the dome shape on the shield.  Am I correct?

Do you feel it is worth the 275 I was quoted plus shipping?

Thanks

Dave yes rounded top. No euro for the 09 SERGs.  Doc

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2009, 06:06:44 AM »

So Doc, what do really think about it's rideability. does it remove all the buffeting.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2009, 07:53:36 AM »

I will tell you, that I have tried many windshields, never the Klock Works because of what I have learned here. This 14" Dark Tint that I have on my bike now is by far the best I have tried so far and I do not believe I need to try any more,this is a winner for me. At 6.1" with a 31" inseem and stock seat I see over this shield with room to spare. The eye glass buffetting I got from other shields is gone and at 80 mph this shield is rock solid, Yes I get some wind but it is not annoying and certianly not the wind I have gottem from other shields I have tried. Keep in mind I do not like looking thru a shield, I could have keep the 15" Lt,Tint on , but it was just a tad to tall for me and did not look as cool. with the 15" the wind did change but not enought to make me give up the 14" dark tint. If anyone wants more wind protection I would suggest a full touring shield or get in your cage. It is a motorcycle and there is wind, mostly from the sides of the fairing not due to the shield, This is the shield for me and it will be on a long time, also the wife likes it, and even is more effective riding two up. as the back of the bike seats lower and the shield comes up a little in angle, Do you home work as to which Hieght you will need before ordering and you will be happy with the Cee Bailys shield. I am 60 years old and ride with the SE riders back rest and also my back tends to slouch in riding position which whould put me lower than a young person. I have a winner shield. Thanks to Joe at Cee Bailys for making this shield work with our bikes and to Bruce for letting Cee Bailys keep his bike to do the molds and fit.  Doc

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2009, 10:30:34 AM »

Dave yes rounded top. No euro for the 09 SERGs.  Doc

Thank you.

I found that out late yesterday afternoon when I called and talked to Joe at Cee Bailey.  He said he would make a Euro, but would not recomend it for the SERG.  He also said it would be a non returnable item.

Thanks again
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2009, 11:08:27 PM »

I If anyone wants more wind protection I would suggest a full touring shield or get in your cage. It is a motorcycle and there is wind, mostly from the sides of the fairing not due to the shield,

Still trying to decide which height to go with... I'm 6'3", with a 33" inseam... so on paper, the 15" would be for me. But as you said, part of being on the bike is being in the wind. On my Wing I always rode with the adjustable shield in the lowest position, so I could feel the wind... and I hate having to look through the shield. I also like the look of the shorter shield on the bike. But my real concern would be getting the 14" and ending up getting pounded by the airflow coming off the shorter shield.

I would wait awhile and let more folks gets some miles in behind the shield and see what they think... but don't want to miss out on the sale. Since I am not getting my bike until late April anyway, I may order the 15" for now, and tell them to put my order at the bottom of the pile and wait to make it... then if the reviews come back that the 14" will work, I can change my order to the shorter shield in time for delivery.

Thanks for all the great pics and input Doc... your efforts are greatly appreciated!!   :drink:

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2009, 03:10:15 AM »

At 6.3 " , a 16" should work for you as well without looking thrugh , I ordered a 15" dark with 6.1" and 33 ins...am  and messured on the scooter that it should be low enough for me  but will report wheni received it ,( i am not allowed anymore to write this word , Muhuhuhaha , Larry is watching me Muhuhuahaha )  .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 24 queries.