Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: Cee Bailys 09 SERG Windshield Review  (Read 18430 times)

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
Re: Cee Bailys 09 SERG Windshield Review
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2009, 03:39:02 AM »

At 6.3 " , a 16" should work for you as well without looking through , I ordered a 15" dark with 6.1" and 33 ins...am  and messured on the scooter that it should be low enough for me  but will report when I received it ,( i am not allowed anymore to write this word , Muhuhuhaha , Larry is watching me Muhuhuahaha )  .

I look forward to hearing your (and more) experiences with these. I definitely want to go with the shortest option I can...

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2009, 05:56:14 AM »

:stop:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2009, 07:27:34 AM »

I look forward to hearing your (and more) experiences with these. I definitely want to go with the shortest option I can...

At 6.3" I would say you will be looking over the 15", as I can see over it at 6.1" with a 31" inseem, I just wanted the look and style of the 14", there was very little differance in the 14" vs the 15" for me as far as wind goes, but there was a differance. Try the 15" you will like it. They also offer a 16" and maybe be able to order in half inch increments. Special order.   Doc

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »

I ordered a 13 in. I like the look of a short shield. Joe at cee b said the 13 would do a lot better job than the stock (worthless) one. i`m going to order a 15 in. for my 500+ mile rides.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »

I ordered a 13 in. I like the look of a short shield. Joe at cee b said the 13 would do a lot better job than the stock (worthless) one. i`m going to order a 15 in. for my 500+ mile rides.

That made me think... I'm gonna be in Hawaii for at least a couple years... so there isnt gonna be any 500+ mile rides for me any time soon... lol

So I'll go with the 14"

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »

The stock should be the one you use in hawai , rock`n roll and hot rod , that`s cool even on hawai .

LETS_ROLL

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you're happy and you know it, Punch the Clown!!
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »

JP.  How tall are you?  I was thinking of a 13" as well, I'm 5'8".  Let's Roll
LET'S ROLL
2009 FLTRSE3
2011 FLHXSE2

JP

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »

That made me think... I'm gonna be in Hawaii for at least a couple years... so there isnt gonna be any 500+ mile rides for me any time soon... lol

So I'll go with the 14"

I would get the 13 in. But that`s my thought`s
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:24:28 PM by JP »

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2009, 09:08:31 AM »

I was given a chance to test the 14" and the 15", wind between the two was noticable but by very little, If you want to see over the shield get the shorter one, at 6.1" I could see over both the 14" and The 15". I prefer the looks of the 14" but am to tall for the 13" whould get to much wind , buffetting of the eyeglasses was gone on both the 14" and 15" for me. You may want to take a measurment like the way I did in this review and take a ruler and see how far over the shield you will be looking over in riding postion, go back to page one and see the measurement and were it was taken from.  Doc

JP

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2009, 10:26:08 AM »

JP.  How tall are you?  I was thinking of a 13" as well, I'm 5'8".  Let's Roll

I`m 6'1"  I like the look of a short shield for around town. Anything will be better than the stock shield. Jim at cee B told me the 13 will do a (MUCH) better job than the stock one. I will give a report when i get it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 07:56:05 PM by JP »

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »

buffetting of the eyeglasses was gone on both the 14" and 15"

Doc, Fit and finish look great, Im still gunshy after trying the KW with a similar configeration, I have tinnitus and wind noise is a problem even with plugs. Turbulance with the KW was unbearable the wind at X Way speeds literally grabbed my helmet and yanked it around, I don't expect to be riding in a bubble but im hoping to find that the redesign of the CB keeps the majority of the wind coming around the sides from smacking the sides of my helmet, Thanks

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2009, 11:49:00 AM »

When this will be ok for you then that would be a reason for me to buy a second shield  :2vrolijk_21:

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2009, 12:19:37 PM »

buffetting of the eyeglasses was gone on both the 14" and 15"

Doc, Fit and finish look great, Im still gunshy after trying the KW with a similar configeration, I have tinnitus and wind noise is a problem even with plugs. Turbulance with the KW was unbearable the wind at X Way speeds literally grabbed my helmet and yanked it around, I don't expect to be riding in a bubble but im hoping to find that the redesign of the CB keeps the majority of the wind coming around the sides from smacking the sides of my helmet, Thanks

The little wind I get around my ears is not from the shield but coming up from the fairing. I have the ringing also and noise bothers me, this is not the case with this shield.  Doc

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2009, 02:24:17 PM »

Doc,

The work you did with CB helped pave the way for them to produce, what appears to be, a great shield. With some of the confusion around the price early on got me thinking to stick with what I already have - a couple of Clearview Shields. I love the Clearview Shields and plan to keep them and switch my various shields around for looks and comfort. After CB settled on a lower than $300 price for the 14" dark shield, coupled with the 20% off this weekend, I couldn't resist. I have one on order and I have to admit they look great with th SERG gasket and complements the lines of the SERG nicely.

You have been clear all along that you have no affiliation with CB other than your enthusiasm / desire to get a great fitting and workable shield for the SERG. I appreciate your time and energy working with this vendor to add yet another choice for our motorcycles.

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 20 queries.