Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Author Topic: Project Springer FXR  (Read 20634 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Project Springer FXR
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2009, 11:10:00 AM »

:jack:

WOW  you sure can tell winter is getting to us.  :confused5:
and I read all this!
JW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2009, 11:11:26 AM »

:jack:

WOW  you sure can tell winter is getting to us.  :confused5:
and I read all this!
JW

Spring fever sucks big ones :huepfenlol2: .

elvislee

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2009, 11:18:10 AM »

aw chit, that was beautiful man :bigcry:

Awwww....Don't cry man; just remember you got a new kitty and it will comfort you in times of sadness  :2vrolijk_21:

elvislee

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2009, 04:08:51 PM »

Awwww....Don't cry man; just remember you got a new kitty and it will comfort you in times of sadness  :2vrolijk_21:

Well Don...Its been almost 5 hours since my last post in my attempt to help bring you comfort in dealing with the betrayal of your frigid friend. You know; I've been thinking about it during that time and felt it best you continue to reach out in an attempt to bring the friendship back. I have now come to the conclusion your best bet is to just let your cold frigid friend go...........So, IMHO you should go get that Springfield and fire away knowing you have your new kitty who I'm willing to bet won't chit all over you...Best of luck  :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2009, 08:48:11 PM »

When logic, conversation nor common courtesies get you home sometimes you do just have to try other alternatives.  Especially when the stupid fridge hasn't learned even though it's been talked to over and over (and over and over and over) for a long time.  Still sad though.  Replaceable household appliances don't deserve that kind of hubris.  It's not like the freezer side has ever done me wrong though.  Nice community of frozen munchies and ice delivery there.  Still, if have to move that community of frozen burger patties to a new fridge so the old one can no longer treat you like a dick so be it.  12 gauge might be fun Iski; but it's probably overkill. 

I pondered your reply for quite a while, 2LR.  Deep thoughts inspired by your compressed vision of compressor appliances.  In the past youth and haste have led me to the "12 gauge solution" to refrigerator woes and foibles. (damn! I like it when I see the word 'foibles').  In the past an errant deep freeze or 3 has received the same ignominious treatment.  410 or 20 gauge with bird shot just never seemed to show the dead appliance the proper amount of respect, therefore the 12 gauge.  Mayhaps a 28 gauge would be better?  Punching holes in metal worth pennies a pound that was purchased for tens of dollars per pound is a personal issue.  Perching a few well placed beer bottles on the top of dead appliances who have not gone to Appliance Heaven is another subject, for another thread - therefore I will not digress as is not usually my wont.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Sean M Cary

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 08:55:58 PM »

I pondered your reply for quite a while, 2LR.  Deep thoughts inspired by your compressed vision of compressor appliances.  In the past youth and haste have led me to the "12 gauge solution" to refrigerator woes and foibles. (damn! I like it when I see the word 'foibles').  In the past an errant deep freeze or 3 has received the same ignominious treatment.  410 or 20 gauge with bird shot just never seemed to show the dead appliance the proper amount of respect, therefore the 12 gauge.  Mayhaps a 28 gauge would be better?  Punching holes in metal worth pennies a pound that was purchased for tens of dollars per pound is a personal issue.  Perching a few well placed beer bottles on the top of dead appliances who have not gone to Appliance Heaven is another subject, for another thread - therefore I will not digress as is not usually my wont.

I have always prescribed to the well founded logic, "when all else fails, empty the magazine"...kept me safe from rabid or otherwise deranged appliances so far, and I will keep holding to that standard.

I did the tank thing tonight - fished in my Garmin power cord, and up to the tech-mount...  Propped up the tank with walnut scraps, figured the dark wood would go well with the GOLD, I was correct, really really nice contrast.  Found two gooned up wires powering the head light, looks like some time back they grabbed or were pinched.  Gonna fix it correctly, was sloppy electrical tape and some used shrink wrap - not sure who took such pains to make it look like a$$ but it worked. 

Sean

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2009, 09:07:05 PM »

I have always prescribed to the well founded logic, "when all else fails, empty the magazine"...kept me safe from rabid or otherwise deranged appliances so far, and I will keep holding to that standard.

I did the tank thing tonight - fished in my Garmin power cord, and up to the tech-mount...  Propped up the tank with walnut scraps, figured the dark wood would go well with the GOLD, I was correct, really really nice contrast.  Found two gooned up wires powering the head light, looks like some time back they grabbed or were pinched.  Gonna fix it correctly, was sloppy electrical tape and some used shrink wrap - not sure who took such pains to make it look like a$$ but it worked. 

Sean

I used to quail hunt with a guy who always emptied the magazine.  Tenderized birds...or what remained of them. None of them ever attacked us though...

Glad you found those wires and repaired them.  Had a similar wiring issue a few weeks ago - major pain. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2009, 09:09:51 PM »

Sean, Mike, Blaine, gentlemen all; I can only thank you for your concern.  Your care and your resolve were heartwarming.  An inconsiderate and petulent refrigerator is such a troubling thing.  Indoobieably.

Fear not though.  The future looks brighter.  The Refrigerator Gods explained the matter with clarity and gave their blessing for a new box.  So with trailing winds, following seas, ample bandwidth and a roast beef sandwich on that trek all who wish to sup from her spout shall proceed.

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2009, 08:22:49 AM »

You guys can whine and beeyatch all you want...All of you SUMBETCHES live south of me. We are looking at another snow storm and lows of below 0 with highs around 20...wanna talk about spring fever? When it hits 32 degrees here we put on shorts and maybe a sweatshirt. Im not lying...Oh and I found out the wheels I want are really kind of expensive....still gonna bite the bullet and get them. With out them it wont look right.
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

Sean M Cary

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2009, 11:34:45 AM »

You guys can whine and beeyatch all you want...All of you SUMBETCHES live south of me. We are looking at another snow storm and lows of below 0 with highs around 20...wanna talk about spring fever? When it hits 32 degrees here we put on shorts and maybe a sweatshirt. Im not lying...Oh and I found out the wheels I want are really kind of expensive....still gonna bite the bullet and get them. With out them it wont look right.

its' only money, you can get more from the government...I hear they are giving it out for free.

Itsadrag

• that hurt
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2009, 07:54:42 PM »

Wow! Finally found a great source for fxr fans! I have been wanting to put a springer front end on my fxr superglide since last June. However, whenever I see springer adds they never list fxr as a fit. Seeing your post has given me some hope. Could you please tell me which springer you are using for your mod and other than the grinding what other parts are needed to swap out the glide forks for the springer setup?

Cheers!!! Looks great so far!!!

Is spring here yet?

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2009, 09:46:27 PM »

I will check with the bike shop I bought them from as to which brand they are. You can expect to have to change the head light and you will need a different front brake because they are different on a springer. Also risers and new handle bars unless you have some that will transfer over to a springer. I did have one small set back today as I was putting the forward controls on. I wanted to completely remove the shifter pin from inside the primary which requires removing the clutch assembly...well I went and broke two pieces off a part in the clutch...not a major issue but I will have to order that part AND I will be letting the bike shop change it out....Know your limitations...

Later

Ed
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

MrFeexit

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: February 28, 2009, 09:54:44 PM »

Oh yeah...my new handlebars came....Very sweet!! New pics soon .
1987 FXRC, 1995 FLSTC

Itsadrag

• that hurt
« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2009, 10:27:19 PM »

This board is awesome, I am loving all the info and talk about people helping each other out!!!! Just gotta say Thanks MrFeexit for checking in with the shop you bought the springer from. Any info on length, if your using any rake in the stem, how the trail was calculated etc... would be greatly appreciated.  :pepper:

Cheers!!!
Is spring here yet?

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2009, 12:23:35 AM »

Itsadrag

Welcome to the site and the FXR info. Some guys with a lot of knowledge here.

JW
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.