Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Is your CVO a daily driver?  (Read 4360 times)

Sean M Cary

Is your CVO a daily driver?
« on: February 21, 2009, 12:57:47 PM »

Some days I feel guilty taking my CVO to work (nice days only), thinking that it wasn't meant for around town stuff I subject it to.

But I figure I would rather ride it then have it sit...anyone else use theirs as a daily driver?

I have two bikes the SERK and my KLR - the KLR must think the world is a rainy dismal place since that is all I ride it in.

Anyway...just wondering.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Is your CVO a daily driver?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:35:34 PM »

it is during riding season.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »

No, the Jester is primarily my two-up bike and other non-work related runs.  For my every day bike I have the SG.  That makes for a great commuter and run around town bike.   Plus it's really fun to ride.   :coolblue:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »

I only have one bike... my CVO... I've been riding my bike to and from work for about 2-1/2 years except when (a) there is precipitation or a very significant threat thereof or (b) we've had precip the previous day and the temperaturs is below freezing overnight.

So, yes. My CVO is a daily driver.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »

it is during riding season.

Me too.  Didn't put that much money into something to sit.  Will have over 35K miles after Daytona.  It won't be worth anything in resale so ride it every chance I get.  It still makes me smile when I ride.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 01:57:46 PM »

Yes go between the 04 SEEG and the 08 SEUC.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

REGGAB

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 02:19:26 PM »

I'm sorta of the same thought process as Charlie.  Mostly ride the Green Bike two up with Renea, however lately it has been all about burning off break-in miles, getting it tuned and getting the last few maintenance tasks performed prior to riding season.  It's down at Rod's Performance right now getting a fuel filter and clutch/brake fluid change as well as final map tweak.  My intent is to use the Purple Bike as the, weather and work task permitting, daily rider, but once I finally get them under my roof together at the same time, which has not happened since I've owned both bikes, I'll have choices..........so I guess it will depend on which bike calls out to me the loudest.    :nixweiss: :)  Choices are good.  I guess that means Chip has a regular smorgasbord, a cornucopia, if you will, of machines from which to choose as daily riders.  That's KEWL!   :2vrolijk_21: 

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »

Went w/ the "sort of" because I gave up on working last year. When the weather's good enough and I don't need to carry a whole lotta stuff they're my form of transport.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 04:00:02 PM »

Nope. 'Work' is just 8 straight, crazy-cage-filled miles from home. Even riding the  :pumpkin: won't make me look forward to that drive. Especially now, with the tourists and snowbirds clogging the roads (the best riding weather, of course).  I was partly involved in a 4-car pile-up on the way to work the other morning: a cage flat-out ran a red light at estimated 45 MPH and t-boned a Toyota on the driver's side. Had that been a biker, I would have been looking for his/her head somewhere instead of a bloody guy partly crushed in his cage.
There is no "long way home"... all flat, straight roads. Only possible thrill would be the big, black strip I could lay, if only I could be first at the light!  ::)
So, my CVO is something to look forward to on the weekends when I can head away from heavy population and ride flat, straight roads that are only occupied by illegal, unlicensed aliens in beater Civics and dump trucks.  Apologies to anyone I may have offended.  :huepfenjump3:
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 04:52:59 PM »

Nope. 'Work' is just 8 straight, crazy-cage-filled miles from home. Even riding the  :pumpkin: won't make me look forward to that drive. Especially now, with the tourists and snowbirds clogging the roads (the best riding weather, of course).  I was partly involved in a 4-car pile-up on the way to work the other morning: a cage flat-out ran a red light at estimated 45 MPH and t-boned a Toyota on the driver's side. Had that been a biker, I would have been looking for his/her head somewhere instead of a bloody guy partly crushed in his cage.
There is no "long way home"... all flat, straight roads. Only possible thrill would be the big, black strip I could lay, if only I could be first at the light!  ::)
So, my CVO is something to look forward to on the weekends when I can head away from heavy population and ride flat, straight roads that are only occupied by illegal, unlicensed aliens in beater Civics and dump trucks.  Apologies to anyone I may have offended.  :huepfenjump3:

Dude.......it is what it is.........how can the truth be offensive?   :nixweiss:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 04:54:58 PM »

Your for given again Jerry, but you must stop now.  ;D
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »

I too only have one bike, so if the weather's right and I don't need to haul anything large that day, the bike sees daylight.  There's several long ways that include a few twisties to spice up the commute.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

REGGAB

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »

I too only have one bike, so if the weather's right and I don't need to haul anything large that day, the bike sees daylight.  There's several long ways that include a few twisties to spice up the commute.

hehehe  I know what you mean.  Makes it really difficult to point the bike toward work, don't it?   :)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 05:35:22 PM »

When I can...Dicing it up in commuter traffic sucks  :nervous:

But sunrise (finally) along  A1A south of MAr a Largo for the 4-5 miles along the beach is nice...And the twisty, only one at Sloans curve but its one..

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 08:38:10 PM »

hehehe  I know what you mean.  Makes it really difficult to point the bike toward work, don't it?   :)

That's for sure...sometimes difficult to point it towards home as well  8).  I don't have to deal with much traffic, so it's all good.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.