Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: D & D Exhaust with Ghost Pipe  (Read 17905 times)

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
Re: D & D Exhaust with Ghost Pipe
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2009, 02:42:24 PM »

I will be replacing my exhaust with the following on Monday:

D&D Boss 2 into 1 with a Ghost Pipe

SE Heavy Breather

Super Tune

What can I expect for HP and Torque?

Sparky

I believe you will be in the 98 HP / 114 TQ range if dialed in properly

harpmr

• Junior CVO Member
  • 15 FLTRUSE

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2009, 02:46:21 PM »

on FLHTCUSE4 - I have D & D Fat Cats, Ventilator intake and SERT and after dyno at 92 degrees, was at 98 hp/114 ft lbs also

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »

Sparky – I have exactly what you're about to install on my 09 SERG and my hp is 91 and torque is 107. I know others have better numbers but it works for me.

vtyanqui

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2009, 10:14:32 PM »

SE Heavy Breather

Super Tune

Sparky

I have the same except I have the Zipper MaxFlo air cleaner and I am getting 90 HP and 107 TQ and that's probably the range you should be in unless someone is inflating the numbers to make you grin.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2009, 10:34:10 PM »

SE Heavy Breather

Super Tune

Sparky

Sparky

I have the same exact equipment. (no ghost pipe)

I'm at 96 h/p and 108 Torque

This was by one of the best tuners in the business.

www.tmanperformance.com

and Dave

unless someone is inflating the numbers to make you grin.

Since you are the dyno expert please remind me to give Tman your number so he can seek your advice on his future tunes.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2009, 10:55:41 PM »

I have the same except I have the Zipper MaxFlo air cleaner and I am getting 90 HP and 107 TQ and that's probably the range you should be in unless someone is inflating the numbers to make you grin.

Before making a statement regarding inflated numbers for a grin, please view my Dyno Results under the 09 SERG Dyno Section this will document my statement. What documents your statement with regard to my providing inflated numbers?

Also, my baseline was with the D and D 2 into 1 installed without the SE Pro Tuner was HP 84 / TQ 99, thus, the SE Pro Tuner with a custom map netted approximately 13 additional HP and 15 lbs TQ.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 03:57:19 AM by FLTRCVO »

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2009, 02:51:14 AM »

and Dave

Since you are the dyno expert please remind me to give Tman your number so he can seek your advice on his future tunes.

SBB

Chip,

Perhaps we should all just sit back and wait for your response on everything.  Oh, but wait, we don't all have access to your one of the best in the country dyno person.  Maybe I'm no dyno expert, but I have a good feeling that you aren't either.  For the typical dyno tune with those same mods, I would think that the numbers I gave would be closer to what people are going to get from their tune.  If my response seems to be harsh, it's only because yours was harsh.  I understand that Tman is supposed to be one of the best and it would have been nice if I could have taken my bike there also, but I couldn't.  Most of us can't.  So, to be realistic, should the answer to this post be the numbers that one of the best got out of your bike, or should it be what is to be expected from someone that is less than the best, where most of us take our bikes to?  The simple fact is that you could have just made a post saying that "these are the numbers I got out of my bike, but realize that I used one of the best tuners in the country, so your numbers may be a bit lower".  There was no need for a personal attack on me.  If you wanted to come out and say "Dave, your tuner sucks if that's all they got out of your bike", fine, then you aren't attacking another member here.  I may not be a dyno expert, but I do have common sense, and I will never sit idly by and take crap from you or anyone else.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2009, 07:02:27 AM »

eewww, and it heats up.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2009, 07:03:13 AM »

Chip,

I may not be a dyno expert, but I do have common sense, and I will never sit idly by and take crap from you or anyone else.

Bla, bla,bla Dave.
I agree with you, your not a dyno expert and my point was and is if your not why do think you can tell someone what they should have as far as numbers?
Specifically since your not an expert why do you tell someone that if they have more than what you posted then,

unless someone is inflating the numbers to make you grin.

I posted my numbers, they are what they are, others are higher, others are lower, but since I am no dyno expert I accept them for what they are.
My bike runs damn good for a stock one and that's all that counts for me.

Thanks Dave for your post, I needed that grin  ;D as I'm about to hit the road this morning with my inflated numbers!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2009, 07:04:19 AM »

eewww, and it heats up.

Larry

He's so easy!

Like candy from a baby!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2009, 07:07:05 AM »

Before making a statement regarding inflated numbers for a grin, please view my Dyno Results under the 09 SERG Dyno Section this will document my statement. What documents your statement with regard to my providing inflated numbers?

Also, my baseline was with the D and D 2 into 1 installed without the SE Pro Tuner was HP 84 / TQ 99, thus, the SE Pro Tuner with a custom map netted approximately 13 additional HP and 15 lbs TQ.

Cool there FLTRCVO!
Hope it runs as good as your numbers indicate.

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2009, 10:12:33 AM »

Bla, bla,bla Dave.
I agree with you, your not a dyno expert and my point was and is if your not why do think you can tell someone what they should have as far as numbers?
Specifically since your not an expert why do you tell someone that if they have more than what you posted then,

I posted my numbers, they are what they are, others are higher, others are lower, but since I am no dyno expert I accept them for what they are.
My bike runs damn good for a stock one and that's all that counts for me.

Thanks Dave for your post, I needed that grin  ;D as I'm about to hit the road this morning with my inflated numbers!

SBB

To start with, please learn that "your" is not the proper English replacement for "you are".  The proper contraction is "you're".  It's tough to take a bashing seriously from someone that does not even know basic English.  Secondly, do you know what the word "range" means?  Although I didn't actually post a range of numbers for results to fall within, I'm sure that anyone with basic intelligence easily understands that my statement simply meant numbers close to what I posted.

As far as posting what someone's numbers should be, I'm not quite sure why you think that it's fine for you to post your numbers, yet it's not okay for me to post mine.  There are many factors that go into generating the dyno numbers and if you were the dyno expert that you are purporting to be, you would know that from the start, even changing to a different dyno machine will produce different results without making any adjustments to the bike, not to mention atmospheric conditions, and that peak numbers don't mean crap if you don't have a good power curve.  There are entire threads on this forum addressing differing, as well as inflated dyno results.  Here's a quote from Firedood in one of those threads:

This goes along w/what I've been trying to convey to people for a long time... Dyno numbers are just numbers. Dyno's are a great tuning tool to get your bike running properly, but the numbers can be skewed to give those that are more concerned with "bragging rights" something to brag about. People should be more concerned w/a properly running motor then the numbers. If you have it tuned properly and you ride it and the "butt dyno" makes you happy, and you don't have any rideability issues then be happy.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Yes, numbers can be skewed or inflated, as I put it.  If you don't understand that, then you are more naive than I thought, and your problems extend well beyond your basic reading comprehension skills, not to mention your people skills.  But then it is common knowledge that you are just compensating for some other shortcomings.

I'm just realizing at this point that there is no more need for me to go into any further detail regarding the dyno numbers, which is what this was supposed to be all about.  You have made this into a personal attack on me, and being that this isn't the first time that you've done just that to me personally, I have come to expect this type of behavior from you.  Obviously, I'm not the only one that you have done this to, or I wouldn't have been warned that you are someone that should be ignored.

I really shouldn't be wasting my time with a response to you, since you really don't have any useful knowledge.  I've found that out by talking to you on the phone.  For some reason, you seem to think that you are important and full of knowledge, but we all know what you are full of.

I'd like to tell you what I really think of you, but then this is a public forum and I think we've probably already crossed the line.  At least I have the comfort of knowing that my thoughts regarding you are shared by many and that puts a grin on my face.  I'll be the bigger man here and leave it at this.  I see no need to further this for the public to see, and I'm half ashamed that I have allowed myself to be brought down to your level.  By the way, I have made 3 distinct discreet references in this post that will give those that know you personally a good chuckle.  I did this purposely for your benefit, just in case you were wondering.   :beatdeadhorse:

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »

Cool there FLTRCVO!
Hope it runs as good as your numbers indicate.

SBB

Of course it does, as my Posted Dyno Sheet states HP & TQ and AF are at the best I can achieve with this set up which is 2 HP / 3 TQ less than my 2007 FLHRSE3. I took the "inflated numbers" comment to heart, unlike other less fortunate than me, I am the one renting the Dyno, not the Tech, to dial in the motor.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2009, 02:56:00 PM »

To start with, please learn that "your" is not the proper English replacement for "you are".  The proper contraction is "you're".  It's tough to take a bashing seriously from someone that does not even know basic English.  Secondly, do you know what the word "range" means?  Although I didn't actually post a range of numbers for results to fall within, I'm sure that anyone with basic intelligence easily understands that my statement simply meant numbers close to what I posted.

As far as posting what someone's numbers should be, I'm not quite sure why you think that it's fine for you to post your numbers, yet it's not okay for me to post mine.  There are many factors that go into generating the Dino numbers and if you were the Dino expert that you are purporting to be, you would know that from the start, even changing to a different Dino machine will produce different results without making any adjustments to the bike, not to mention atmospheric conditions, and that peak numbers don't mean crap if you don't have a good power curve.  There are entire threads on this forum addressing differing, as well as inflated Dino results.  Here's a quote from Firewood in one of those threads:

Yes, numbers can be skewed or inflated, as I put it.  If you don't understand that, then you are more naive than I thought, and your problems extend well beyond your basic reading comprehension skills, not to mention your people skills.  But then it is common knowledge that you are just compensating for some other shortcomings.

I'm just realizing at this point that there is no more need for me to go into any further detail regarding the Dino numbers, which is what this was supposed to be all about.  You have made this into a personal attack on me, and being that this isn't the first time that you've done just that to me personally, I have come to expect this type of behavior from you.  Obviously, I'm not the only one that you have done this to, or I wouldn't have been warned that you are someone that should be ignored.

I really shouldn't be wasting my time with a response to you, since you really don't have any useful knowledge.  I've found that out by talking to you on the phone.  For some reason, you seem to think that you are important and full of knowledge, but we all know what you are full of.

I'd like to tell you what I really think of you, but then this is a public forum and I think we've probably already crossed the line.  At least I have the comfort of knowing that my thoughts regarding you are shared by many and that puts a grin on my face.  I'll be the bigger man here and leave it at this.  I see no need to further this for the public to see, and I'm half ashamed that I have allowed myself to be brought down to your level.  By the way, I have made 3 distinct discreet references in this post that will give those that know you personally a good chuckle.  I did this purposely for your benefit, just in case you were wondering.   :beatdeadhorse:

Not jumping on the bandwagon, however, your post dinged a few members including me, I'm not thrilled. My numbers are not inflated nor imaginary. If I wanted to be the king I would have posted the Dyno results of my 131" Thug Motor and have the Dyno sheet state 2009 CVO RoadGlide w/ D & D 2 into 1 w/ SERT 148 HP / 139 TQ. I live in Las Vegas, NV the home of DynoJet Research. I don't agree with the other members 08/07 assessment you referenced, however, he is entitled to his opinion. As a person who tunes his own and only his own motors, I am embarrassed to post any Dyno numbers that are not a minimum of 1.1 HP per CI. Therefore, I am embarrassed of my 110" Dyno results, no bragging here.
Sparky asked a question, I answered honestly and backed it up with the documentation such. Again, at 53 years of age I am taught yet another lesson with regard to helping a fellow member in a forum.
Disclaimer, I am not, nor do I claim to be a master of any language, grammer, spelling and or sentence formation, please be kind.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2009, 03:43:52 PM »

Not jumping on the bandwagon, however, your post dinged a few members including me, I'm not thrilled. My numbers are not inflated nor imaginary. If I wanted to be the king I would have posted the Dyno results of my 131" Thug Motor and have the Dyno sheet state 2009 CVO RoadGlide w/ D & D 2 into 1 w/ SERT 148 HP / 139 TQ. I live in Las Vegas, NV the home of DynoJet Research. I don't agree with the other members 08/07 assessment you referenced, however, he is entitled to his opinion. As a person who tunes his own and only his own motors, I am embarrassed to post any Dyno numbers that are not a minimum of 1.1 HP per CI. Therefore, I am embarrassed of my 110" Dyno results, no bragging here.
Sparky asked a question, I answered honestly and backed it up with the documentation such. Again, at 53 years of age I am taught yet another lesson with regard to helping a fellow member in a forum.
Disclaimer, I am not, nor do I claim to be a master of any language, grammer, spelling and or sentence formation, please be kind.

:2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.