Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: D & D Exhaust with Ghost Pipe  (Read 18095 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: D & D Exhaust with Ghost Pipe
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2009, 04:27:40 PM »

Not jumping on the bandwagon, however, your post dinged a few members including me, I'm not thrilled. My numbers are not inflated nor imaginary. If I wanted to be the king I would have posted the Dyno results of my 131" Thug Motor and have the Dyno sheet state 2009 CVO RoadGlide w/ D & D 2 into 1 w/ SERT 148 HP / 139 TQ. I live in Las Vegas, NV the home of DynoJet Research. I don't agree with the other members 08/07 assessment you referenced, however, he is entitled to his opinion. As a person who tunes his own and only his own motors, I am embarrassed to post any Dyno numbers that are not a minimum of 1.1 HP per CI. Therefore, I am embarrassed of my 110" Dyno results, no bragging here.
Sparky asked a question, I answered honestly and backed it up with the documentation such. Again, at 53 years of age I am taught yet another lesson with regard to helping a fellow member in a forum.
Disclaimer, I am not, nor do I claim to be a master of any language, grammer, spelling and or sentence formation, please be kind.

My post was not meant to ding anyone.  The fact that you are able to do your own dyno obviously puts you in another league, for which I'll probably never be a member.  I only intended to give a general answer to a question that was asked.  I still believe that what I posted is generally true of what you are going to get from most tuners, or at least most dealers.  Maybe I just don't have a lot of trust or faith, but I think most of them are going to bypass extra tweaks to get more HP or TQ out of your engine, and will get it to a point where you have a decent smooth power curve and move on to the next repair.  Certainly, noone could possibly think that I was trying to brag with only 90 HP on my bike and my general answer to a general question was at minimum blown out of proportion, if anyone felt slighted by it. 

I have checked around at several local dealers to see what they thought I should be getting out of my current setup.  They all tell me the different things they can do to get me more, but with the current setup, they all tell me that what I have now is about right.  There are some independents around that have told me that they can get me up to 1 HP per cubic inch with no additional mods, but I'm one of those people that's afraid to take my bike to them, being concerned that if I have a problem, it will get thrown back into my face and the dealer won't honor my warranty coverage on the engine.  Right or wrong, that's a worry I have.  Just 2 days ago, I had a dealer tell me all the things that he could do to get me to 110 or 115 HP, but that was with several mods that clearly would void my warranty, yet he tried to tell me that none of the mods would be known or discovered by another shop if they tore down my bike, and I wouldn't have a problem with warranty coverage.  He lost total credibility with me because of his statements.  I think I'm getting off topic with this, so I'll end here, other than to say that I just don't have a lot of faith in any of the shops in my area.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »

My post was not meant to ding anyone.  The fact that you are able to do your own dyno obviously puts you in another league, for which I'll probably never be a member.  I only intended to give a general answer to a question that was asked.  I still believe that what I posted is generally true of what you are going to get from most tuners, or at least most dealers.  Maybe I just don't have a lot of trust or faith, but I think most of them are going to bypass extra tweaks to get more HP or TQ out of your engine, and will get it to a point where you have a decent smooth power curve and move on to the next repair.  Certainly, noone could possibly think that I was trying to brag with only 90 HP on my bike and my general answer to a general question was at minimum blown out of proportion, if anyone felt slighted by it.  

I have checked around at several local dealers to see what they thought I should be getting out of my current setup.  They all tell me the different things they can do to get me more, but with the current setup, they all tell me that what I have now is about right.  There are some independents around that have told me that they can get me up to 1 HP per cubic inch with no additional mods, but I'm one of those people that's afraid to take my bike to them, being concerned that if I have a problem, it will get thrown back into my face and the dealer won't honor my warranty coverage on the engine.  Right or wrong, that's a worry I have.  Just 2 days ago, I had a dealer tell me all the things that he could do to get me to 110 or 115 HP, but that was with several mods that clearly would void my warranty, yet he tried to tell me that none of the mods would be known or discovered by another shop if they tore down my bike, and I wouldn't have a problem with warranty coverage.  He lost total credibility with me because of his statements.  I think I'm getting off topic with this, so I'll end here, other than to say that I just don't have a lot of faith in any of the shops in my area.

I understand your frustration with the Dyno scene, I too was sold a sack of $hit on too many occasions, thus, I trained to do my own Dyno's. I am privileged to have many Dyno Shops in my immediate vicinity. We're good, ride safe.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:21:18 PM by FLTRCVO »

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2009, 07:24:57 AM »

To start with, please learn that "your" is not the proper English replacement for "you are".  The proper contraction is "you're".  It's tough to take a bashing seriously from someone that does not even know basic English. 

Dave, chip is using Ebonics here, cut the fella some slack, you didn't say anything to my Ya'll's. did I get the apostrophe in there right.  :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2009, 08:42:04 AM »

Dave, chip is using Ebonics here, cut the fella some slack, you didn't say anything to my Ya'll's. did I get the apostrophe in there right.  :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:

Larry

I'm up here in Mass and Dave will have to wait till I get home to view my "hooked on phonics" dvd again.

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »

Thinking of going with the D&D exhaust on the serg ,who has the best  price?  also will sell the non cat ceramic head pipe  fullsac  setup  what is a good price for this setup ???????

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2009, 09:10:50 PM »

Thinking of going with the D&D exhaust on the serg ,who has the best  price?  also will sell the non cat ceramic head pipe  fullsac  setup  what is a good price for this setup ???????

Skippy

I'm thinking I heard that you can get a coated pipe from D&D also.

Maybe it was a dream, maybe I read it here, but I'm sure some of these fine folks here will know!

Larry, am I confused again?

SBB

:nixweiss:     :nixweiss:     :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »

nope, besides,  confusion is merely a state of mind. it's how you pull it off that matters.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2009, 06:35:25 AM »

Why ?
 Are you not satisfied with the fullsacs and the ceramic non cat pipe ?
( I wrote you a message )
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2009, 11:48:37 AM »

You guys that have the D&D on the serg  do you have any exhaust residue on the sadlebags ?????

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »

You guys that have the D&D on the serg  do you have any exhaust residue on the sadlebags ?????

I have the back cut, therefore no residue on the right saddlebag. I checked the leftside (ghost pipe) no residue there.

vtyanqui

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SERK Anniversary Model
    • CVO2: 09 SERG "Silver"
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2009, 08:34:03 AM »

skippy – I do have some residue on my saddlebags but I think it's mostly brake dust and not exhaust residue.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »

No residue.  I was actually worried it might happen but just returned from a 650 mile trip and only road dirt.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2009, 08:30:56 PM »

OK I think I am sold on the D&D , who has the best price or can I go direct to D&D????   and can you get the pipe jet coated from D&D?????  SBB thinks you can but he may have dreamed that I wish he would wake up and give me some gooooood info ....

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2009, 09:17:29 PM »

OK I think I am sold on the D&D , who has the best price or can I go direct to D&D????   and can you get the pipe jet coated from D&D?????  SBB thinks you can but he may have dreamed that I wish he would wake up and give me some gooooood info ....

Got mine from Eric at www.hdpipes.com. Beat everyone I called.

JW

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »

Damn Skippy!

Always wanted to say that---------->  :huepfenlol2:    :huepfenlol2:    :huepfenlol2:

Got a call into my source and will find out on Tuesday.

Will let you know!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 26 queries.