Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Great New Part--Locking Glove Box Doors for Electra Glides from PJ57  (Read 54535 times)

Techie0212

• 2008 CUSE3 Ultra Classic
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune / Arlen Ness A/C
    • CVO2: 2003 Road King Standard
Re: Great New Part--Locking Glove Box Doors for Electra Glides from PJ57
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »

PJ- Does the custom key lock and the regular lock look the same externally? In other words, the pictures that are posted on this thread are the basic version or the custom version? I was glad that 2LR tested the push button because I had the same thought in mind. I replaced my gas cover with a HD generic "key lock". So is this the similar locksmith version for the basic cover?  Thanks, Techie   :orange:
Techie0212
Air Force Reserves 0-5 20yrs (Retired)

2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune /Arlen Ness A/C

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2009, 01:38:21 PM »

PJ- Does the custom key lock and the regular lock look the same externally? In other words, the pictures that are posted on this thread are the basic version or the custom version? I was glad that 2LR tested the push button because I had the same thought in mind. I replaced my gas cover with a HD generic "key lock". So is this the similar locksmith version for the basic cover?  Thanks, Techie   :orange:

Have had both locks in hand now so can help a little.  The keyed to match and the generically keyed locks look the same when installed.

iHarley

• My Bucket List is to long...
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2009, 03:28:45 PM »

Everyone… (Pete, don’t get to big a head reading this)

I have about 1,800 miles on my Ultra with Pete’s glove box doors. They have the locks, keyed to the bike. Without a doubt, these doors are one of the best additions I have made.

Make no mistake, these doors are FIRST CLASS and in my opinion should have been installed on the bike by Harley Davidson, instead of the pathetic flap, snaps and string.

Prior to installing Pete’s doors, I didn’t use the glove boxes. One of the cheap snaps was broke, there was no way to secure my stuff and what a pain opening/closing.

“Shame on you Motor Company” for providing such a cheap door on your top of the line bike!

I added liners to the glove boxes. All the stuff I keep in there… extra sunglasses, eye drops, pager, house keys, tooth picks, mini flashlight, readers, Tums, Altoids, cigarettes, lighter, sun block, chicks phone numbers, doRags, etc…. ride great, except the Tums and Altoids which were in metal containers. The vibration beats them up and they turns to powder. I don’t think you can snort Tums or Altoids. Does anyone an idea what I can use to keep the Tums and Altoids in???

I only have one suggestion… Pete, put your contact information inside the door! It’s a real hassle coming home from trips with others email addresses to send them information on how to get their own.

Pete… you the Man, love your doors!!! If I’m ever out your way or you come close to Sacramento… lets ride brother.

Tom, aka iHarley

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2009, 03:34:24 PM »

I have about 1,800 miles on my Ultra with Pete’s glove box doors. They have the locks, keyed to the bike. Without a doubt, these doors are one of the best additions I have made.

Make no mistake, these doors are FIRST CLASS and in my opinion should have been installed on the bike by Harley Davidson, instead of the pathetic flap, snaps and string.

Prior to installing Pete’s doors, I didn’t use the glove boxes. One of the cheap snaps was broke, there was no way to secure my stuff and what a pain opening/closing.

“Shame on you Motor Company” for providing such a cheap door on your top of the line bike!

I added liners to the glove boxes. All the stuff I keep in there… extra sunglasses, eye drops, pager, house keys, tooth picks, mini flashlight, readers, Tums, Altoids, cigarettes, lighter, sun block, chicks phone numbers, doRags, etc…. ride great, except the Tums and Altoids which were in metal containers. The vibration beats them up and they turns to powder. I don’t think you can snort Tums or Altoids. Does anyone an idea what I can use to keep the Tums and Altoids in???

I only have one suggestion… Pete, put your contact information inside the door! It’s a real hassle coming home from trips with others email addresses to send them information on how to get their own.

Pete… you the Man, love your doors!!! If I’m ever out your way or you come close to Sacramento… lets ride brother.

Tom, aka iHarley
Use cotton in the boxes, that what I use. :2vrolijk_21:
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2009, 03:48:11 PM »

The vibration beats them up and they turns to powder. I don’t think you can snort Tums or Altoids. Does anyone an idea what I can use to keep the Tums and Altoids in???

Crown Royal Bag of course  :bananarock:

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2009, 05:00:31 PM »

Use cotton in the boxes, that what I use. :2vrolijk_21:
Exactly!  Any pills require that to keep vib. from ruining them on a scooter. ;)  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »

... except the Tums and Altoids which were in metal containers. The vibration beats them up and they turns to powder. I don’t think you can snort Tums or Altoids. Does anyone an idea what I can use to keep the Tums and Altoids in???

hmmmm, I don't ride when drugged  8)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2009, 05:44:46 PM »

hmmmm, I don't ride when drugged  8)
Does my Caffeine level count?  :nervous: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2009, 07:35:54 AM »

Hey Tom - no big head here my man!  Just wanted to make something nice.  Thanks for everybody's positive comments.  PJ

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2009, 07:14:19 PM »

Order information..please :)

Hello CVO members - First things first...thanks Don for the product review.  Having said that, the locking glove blox covers are currently available for '05-current Touring models with HD lowers.  I'm still working on the '04-earlier versions because there are two completely different HD glove boxes which require two different glove box cover designs. Stand by '04 and earlier owners.  My objective is to provide a great product at a price that blows everyone elso out of the water - kind of back to the basics of making a quality piece and selling it at a fair price. Here's the deal:  $99.95 for a pair of locking glove box covers with standard locks, installation hardware, instructions.  For an additional $20.00, I will have the locks matched to your existing HD key. Harley obviously will not release key codes to my locksmith, so you will have to send in your key for matching.  If you need/want an additional key the locksmith can cut them for $3.95 each which is a lot cheaper than HD's $10-20.  The only other charge will be for shipping/insurance which I can assure you will not be another ripoff "shipping and handling" charge and will be based on your ZIP code.  I expect the turnaround for orders to be about two weeks for keying.  Orders specifying standard locks will be sent immediately.  I'm working on a website for ordering but for right now, I'll take orders via PM right here.  Paypal accepted or mail me a check. Post your questions or PM me.  Thanks for your interest.  PJ         

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2009, 07:45:21 PM »

A telephone number or email address.  Please

PJ57 PM him
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2009, 07:47:57 PM »

A telephone number or email address.  Please

Check up at the top of the screen.  See a "My Messages" button.  That's how you enter the area to manage (create, send, receive, etc) Private Messages.  Go there.  Create a message.  Send it to username PJ57.  Buy glove box doors.  Enjoy glove box doors.  Rinse and repeat.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2009, 07:49:11 PM »

Check up at the top of the screen.  See a "My Messages" button.  That's how you enter the area to manage (create, send, receive, etc) Private Messages.  Go there.  Create a message.  Send it to username PJ57.  Buy glove box doors.  Enjoy glove box doors.  Rinse and repeat.
What he said
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Techie0212

• 2008 CUSE3 Ultra Classic
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune / Arlen Ness A/C
    • CVO2: 2003 Road King Standard
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »

Done that but no reply... will be using PayPal . . .

Aloha,

Techie0212
Techie0212
Air Force Reserves 0-5 20yrs (Retired)

2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune /Arlen Ness A/C

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #104 on: October 06, 2009, 11:10:19 PM »

Techie - not sure how I missed your PM...sorry 'bout that. Order info coming your way via regular email you provided.  PJ
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.