Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: Great New Part--Locking Glove Box Doors for Electra Glides from PJ57  (Read 54531 times)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: Great New Part--Locking Glove Box Doors for Electra Glides from PJ57
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2009, 11:30:51 PM »

PJ, I would be very interested in a set of push button lower doors if/when they become available. I remember on older cars, the glove box had a single latch with a thumb push button, which also allowed use of a key (allowing the latch to be locked or left unlocked as needed) and also had a small finger hold for your index finger. This design would allow the thumb to push in to unlatch and the fore finger to curve under the latch to pull out at the same time to open the door.

Here's a picture of one available from Southco. There are also many types of stainless pushbutton latches made for the marine industry by Perko, Southco, Orcas, Mobella.

This site has lot of examples of hardware that might work. Stainless is probably going to provide the best look years from now although at a higher cost. http://www.fpmarine.com/Latches%20Locks%20Hardware.htm

Another source is West Marine (their site is down for maintenance so I can't provide a link to their latches)

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2009, 11:57:01 AM »

Here's a few more push button latchs that can be locked that might meet the need on the lower glove box doors.

http://www.boatfix.com/shop3/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5426   ($8.77)
http://www.jmsonline.net/GLOVE-BOX-LOCK-1173.htm (rustproof and $7.21)
http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/17946-push-lock-slam-latch-finger-pull-from-southco.html (SS $26.99)
http://www.coachmenrvpartscatalog.com/16/index.php (several interesting alternatives at this site)
http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.asp?prod=318032 ($13.25)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »

For anyone considering alternative locks note that the OE Harley locks have their "flats" on the same edge as the locking tab.  PJ's doors have their flat sides on the two sides each 90 degrees away from the locking tab.  Granted, this doesn't touch on depth of locking tab or its length (though from the pics these things seem surprisingly constant--there might be an industry standard :nixweiss: ).

Jon Seddon

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4 - Big Bertha
    • CVO2: Non CVO - Softail Deluxe (wife's) lady lou
    • CVO3: Non CVO - Triumph T160 Trident/Ducati 900ss (I hope)
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2009, 07:24:38 AM »

Just fitted my glovebox covers on my FLHTCUSE4, Peter really has delivered a good product.  Easy to fit and look good.

Jon

Nucleartec

• Junior CVO Member
  • Life is good!!
    • SC

• CVO1: 2005 Cherry SEEG
    • CVO2: 1997 Road King(non CVO)
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDX
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »

I see that your motor looks red in the pictures. Did you paint or is that just sparkplug covers. I also have the 05 seeg. Like the color.  Tony
2005 SEEG-Cherry
Dave makie 598 gear drive
HPI 55mm throttle body
Thundermax tuner
WO 578 bars
Rhineharts true duals
Hawgwired

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2009, 12:28:11 AM »

I see that your motor looks red in the pictures. Did you paint or is that just sparkplug covers. I also have the 05 seeg. Like the color.  Tony

PJ, sorry to hijack the thread about your excellent glove box doors.  But someone just said something that could be interpreted as a request for pictures of my motor.  You know what that means ;D .

Tony, the cylinders, heads and cylinder head bridges have been powder coated and then had their fins diamond cut.  Left and right side images to follow:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2009, 12:28:46 AM »

Right side:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2009, 12:30:43 AM »

Now that I've puffed up all proud and happy in PJ's thread showing off my little bit of powder coat we should really ask PJ to show his work.  He's got a red SEEG also Tony.  But it puts mine to shame.  Sweet looking bike.  C'mon PJ, show off a little :2vrolijk_21: .

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2009, 07:24:37 AM »

Now that I've puffed up all proud and happy in PJ's thread showing off my little bit of powder coat we should really ask PJ to show his work.  He's got a red SEEG also Tony.  But it puts mine to shame.  Sweet looking bike.  C'mon PJ, show off a little :2vrolijk_21: .
Man, I never get tired of looking at that good-looking motor!  I thought I was finally going to get to see it in person (since all the mods) in MV this year, but now.....not to be.  Oh well, maybe someday.  You sure wrestled with the vendors getting it all done the way it is.  :-X ???  But, well worth the trouble in the end.  :-*  har!  :apple: :pepper: :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2009, 08:53:31 PM »

Hi Folks - sorry I've been off and on with the site.  Battling some complications with hip replacement and spinal fusion surgeries I had nearly a year ago.  It's been a slow recovery but I'm getting there.  Good days, bad days...I'm sure some of you know the routine.  Anyway...I've been delayed in moving forward with the business, but have been filling orders as they trickle in.  The good news is, since I'm sidelined from my full time job for the moment, I will be able to move full speed ahead with the Locking Glove Box Covers.  So for those of you who want to order either the keyed to match or generic lock versions, let me know.  I have plenty of the '05-newer versions available ready to ship. BTW, I haven't forgotten about those of you looking for a non-locking latch version.  Okay, okay I will look for some photos of my SEEG2 to post. Twolane, boy do we go way back with our bikes...from the Harmon Kardon radio conversion to powdercoating motors.  What a journey.  I just hope I can keep on riding for a long time despite having to lug around all the titanium implants, lag bolts, plates, etc.  Ride on everybody!!!  PJ  
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:56:30 PM by pj57 »

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2009, 11:59:38 PM »

Hi Folks - sorry I've been off and on with the site.  Battling some complications with hip replacement and spinal fusion surgeries I had nearly a year ago.  It's been a slow recovery but I'm getting there.  Good days, bad days...I'm sure some of you know the routine.  Anyway...I've been delayed in moving forward with the business, but have been filling orders as they trickle in.  The good news is, since I'm sidelined from my full time job for the moment, I will be able to move full speed ahead with the Locking Glove Box Covers.  So for those of you who want to order either the keyed to match or generic lock versions, let me know.  I have plenty of the '05-newer versions available ready to ship. BTW, I haven't forgotten about those of you looking for a non-locking latch version.  Okay, okay I will look for some photos of my SEEG2 to post. Twolane, boy do we go way back with our bikes...from the Harmon Kardon radio conversion to powdercoating motors.  What a journey.  I just hope I can keep on riding for a long time despite having to lug around all the titanium implants, lag bolts, plates, etc.  Ride on everybody!!!  PJ  

PJ

I would like to order a non-locking set for my 08 bike. Can you send me a Pay-Pal invoice to kirkelli@mail.com and i will reply with payment and mailing address etc...
thanks. - sporty

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2009, 11:34:21 AM »

Hi Folks - sorry I've been off and on with the site.  Battling some complications with hip replacement and spinal fusion surgeries I had nearly a year ago.  It's been a slow recovery but I'm getting there.  Good days, bad days...I'm sure some of you know the routine.  Anyway...I've been delayed in moving forward with the business, but have been filling orders as they trickle in.  The good news is, since I'm sidelined from my full time job for the moment, I will be able to move full speed ahead with the Locking Glove Box Covers.  So for those of you who want to order either the keyed to match or generic lock versions, let me know.  I have plenty of the '05-newer versions available ready to ship. BTW, I haven't forgotten about those of you looking for a non-locking latch version.  Okay, okay I will look for some photos of my SEEG2 to post. Twolane, boy do we go way back with our bikes...from the Harmon Kardon radio conversion to powdercoating motors.  What a journey.  I just hope I can keep on riding for a long time despite having to lug around all the titanium implants, lag bolts, plates, etc.  Ride on everybody!!!  PJ 

PJ, I hope your recovery is a smooth one. Hopefully you're back on the bike soon. I too am very interested in a non-locking door that you end up designing. Let us know when it becomes available as I think there's a very strong interest in some type of "easy-latch" lower fairing door with the same level of quality you put into the locking door.

Techie0212

• 2008 CUSE3 Ultra Classic
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune / Arlen Ness A/C
    • CVO2: 2003 Road King Standard
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2009, 01:54:30 PM »

I'd be interested in the lock that is generic to the ignition key . . . my gas cap is like that.

Aloha,
Techie
Techie0212
Air Force Reserves 0-5 20yrs (Retired)

2008 CUSE3 / Prog 905 / Fulsac 2.25 / TTS MasterTune /Arlen Ness A/C

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »

Hi Techie - actually, the locks I use are keyed specifically to your HD key.  So the guy with the HD next to you can't open your glove box covers. If you'd like the glove box covers keyed to your bike, we would obtain your key and build the locks to match your key. Shoot me a PM if you'd like more info or would like to order.  Thanks, PJ

nukepwr

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2009, 12:06:23 PM »

I'm interested in buying the locking version (using my key). Please let me know the steps involved. Thanx
work email: will585@dom.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 24 queries.