Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117

Author Topic: Paint Problems 2006  (Read 178284 times)

TINMAN8400

Re: Paint Problems 2006
« Reply #1725 on: July 11, 2007, 07:11:05 PM »

JUST A QUICK UPDATE-LAST WEEK MY DEALER ASKED ME TO DROP BIKE OFF SO REP COULD LOOK AT IT. WAS THERE FOR 2.5 HOURS AND THEN WAS TOLD THE REP WONT EVEN LOOK AT IT. PRIOR TO THE REP COMING MY WAY I TALKED TO HIM ABOUT 2 WEEKS BEFORE, HE WAS SUPPOSED TO GET BACK TO ME THE NEXT DAY. NOTHING. 2 MORE CALLS TO HIM THE FOLLOWING WEEK-NO ANSWER-NO CALL BACKS. A COUPLE OF CALLS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE (SPECIFICALLY JOHN SELANSKY) LEFT MESSAGES -NEVER GOT CALL BACK. STILL FIGHTING THE FIGHT. LAST WEEK SENT LETTER TO ALL BOARD OF DIRECTORS STATING MY PROBLEMS. HOPE SOMEONE RESPONDS BACK TO ME. KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #1726 on: July 11, 2007, 09:45:09 PM »

Hang in there Tinman :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #1727 on: July 11, 2007, 10:01:13 PM »

Keep fightin' the righteous fight, Tinman!  Persistance pays off.  Best to ya!

cigarmike

« Reply #1728 on: July 25, 2007, 11:18:43 AM »

I havent posted in a long time, heres an update on my paint: Another new set was ordered months ago, a month after that, my bags were rubbed out and since fingerprints UNDER the clearcoat dont rub out, new bags were ordered, well, now, the bags have been in for a few weeks now, but no sign of the rest of the parts. I bought my bike in Dec. of 05. I'm not a happy camper.

ICMCGeezer

• Grateful to Be Ridin' Clean
« Reply #1729 on: July 25, 2007, 11:44:09 AM »

Sorry to hear about your problem Mike.
I had absolutely no problem (and next to no lead time) in getting my parts replaced. The crew at Glendale H-D took care of me right away.
I seriously don't get it. How come some folks get their paint problems handled right away, while others get jacked around by their dealer/claims rep.
It also seems that some service departments are familiar with the problem, while others act as if they have no idea.
The guys in Glendale had familiarity with this problem, having already replaced parts for other CVO customers.
So it was really no hassle; hell, my parts came in within a month. The only problem they had is that they ordered a wrong part (rear fender instead of the front fairing--don't ask me why), and when the outer fairing came in, they even had an experienced tech. R&R the parts.
I had the saddlebags (without the lids), outer fairing, gas tank, and front fender replaced. When the parts came in, I rolled down there and we checked out each and every part for correct clear coat application, lack of scratches, blemishes, etc., and every part was stellar.
I hope you stay on your service department; just try to have a fine attitude; remember, you catch more flies with honey than. . .
Good luck.
Geezer

SEGeaserGlide06

• Junior CVO Member
  • 06 FLHTCUSE

• CVO1: 2006 FLTHCUSE Black Emerald and Majestic Green
« Reply #1730 on: July 25, 2007, 12:37:08 PM »

Mike, Give Rusty Dywer a call to see if he can help.  414-343-4121  He is customer service manager.  He helped me to get it resolved.  It took me forever to get it done but they finally came through. 

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #1731 on: July 25, 2007, 06:39:15 PM »

I can't believe you're still dealing with this issue!!  :o I think you're the poster child for the 06 CVO Paint Problem... not a desireable distinction for sure. Hope it all works out to your satisfaction soon.

I havent posted in a long time, heres an update on my paint: Another new set was ordered months ago, a month after that, my bags were rubbed out and since fingerprints UNDER the clearcoat dont rub out, new bags were ordered, well, now, the bags have been in for a few weeks now, but no sign of the rest of the parts. I bought my bike in Dec. of 05. I'm not a happy camper.

cigarmike

« Reply #1732 on: July 25, 2007, 11:51:02 PM »

Mike, Give Rusty Dywer a call to see if he can help.  414-343-4121  He is customer service manager.  He helped me to get it resolved.  It took me forever to get it done but they finally came through. 

Geaser, I have a message on my cell phone that I saved for months now from Rusty Dywer that says " Mr. L*** I understand that the service manager disagrees with the factory reps decision that your paint is not flawed, so Im going to authorize another new set of tins, and you will have your choice of the ones that come or the ones that are on the bike now regardless of condition of either. After that, your claim will be closed and no new parts will be sent in the future"

The new set that comes in better be perfect or I will be seeking notorized statements from all you guys that recieved parts untill they met fairly good quility standards, not the sh*t they have sent me so far. Leaving a voice mail was the worst thing they could do, its the same as putting it in writing, Im really surprized he did this as I have tried to get something, anything in writing from a dealership, a factory rep, and MoCo warranty dept from the beginning, but untill that phone call, was denied, not even the claim number would they put in writing for me.  Its BS how much time I had to fight this with meetings, letters, phone calls and getting jacked off for 19 months now.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #1733 on: July 26, 2007, 07:30:55 AM »

2008s are on the street now.  How many still have paint issue with their 06's?  Either still actively working them or just gave up on the MoCo getting it right; who still doesn't have a satisfactory conclusion?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #1734 on: July 26, 2007, 08:54:11 AM »

2008s are on the street now.  How many still have paint issue with their 06's?  Either still actively working them or just gave up on the MoCo getting it right; who still doesn't have a satisfactory conclusion?

Hell, I just found another paint problem on my '05.  Had the fuel tank replaced last year for a contamination mark under the clearcoat that appeared after about 8 months.  The replacement tank was inspected closely and seemed to be OK.  Out riding in a heavy overcast yesterday (no sun), glanced down at the top of the tank and could see "wipe marks" under the clearcoat, just to the left of the fuel filler/console.  Obviously this was a returned tank that was repainted, and their repair paint jobs are just as poorly prepped and handled as the originals.  I'm going to just ignore this, since I have no confidence that getting another tank from these clowns would truly solve anything.  Since the glare from the sun hides the defect, at least for now, I guess I'll just have to ride only on sunny days.  The bike's out of warranty anyway, and I'll be damned if I'll pay the MoCo another $1000 for another highly suspect replacement.  Before I'd do that I'd just get a local painter to paint the entire POS black.  And some folks wonder why the MoCo is not exactly on my "A" list.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

REGGAB

« Reply #1735 on: July 29, 2007, 11:46:59 AM »

Geaser, I have a message on my cell phone that I saved for months now from Rusty Dywer that says " Mr. L*** I understand that the service manager disagrees with the factory reps decision that your paint is not flawed, so Im going to authorize another new set of tins, and you will have your choice of the ones that come or the ones that are on the bike now regardless of condition of either. After that, your claim will be closed and no new parts will be sent in the future"

The new set that comes in better be perfect or I will be seeking notorized statements from all you guys that recieved parts untill they met fairly good quility standards, not the sh*t they have sent me so far. Leaving a voice mail was the worst thing they could do, its the same as putting it in writing, Im really surprized he did this as I have tried to get something, anything in writing from a dealership, a factory rep, and MoCo warranty dept from the beginning, but untill that phone call, was denied, not even the claim number would they put in writing for me.  Its BS how much time I had to fight this with meetings, letters, phone calls and getting jacked off for 19 months now.

Mike,  Say the word, Bro.  Having experienced only a fraction of your troubles, I'm very much more than willing to help you in any way I can.....to include giving a deposition if you deem it necessary.  Thanks for fighting the righteous fight.  You're doing great.

Henry

REGGAB

« Reply #1736 on: July 29, 2007, 11:50:31 AM »

Don:
I think we spoke of this in Eureka Springs.  My replacement tank plays eye games with me.  Sometimes I think it is jacked up.  Other times it is perfect.  Barry (dis air) says my tank is fine, and he is a Watermelon expert, so I'm leaving it alone.  It still has lots of green sparkle.  I think my stuff is as good as any.  I just have to learn to suppress my eyes.  I'm about color blind anyway.

REGGAB

« Reply #1737 on: July 29, 2007, 11:57:25 AM »

Hell, I just found another paint problem on my '05.  Had the fuel tank replaced last year for a contamination mark under the clearcoat that appeared after about 8 months.  The replacement tank was inspected closely and seemed to be OK.  Out riding in a heavy overcast yesterday (no sun), glanced down at the top of the tank and could see "wipe marks" under the clearcoat, just to the left of the fuel filler/console.  Obviously this was a returned tank that was repainted, and their repair paint jobs are just as poorly prepped and handled as the originals.  I'm going to just ignore this, since I have no confidence that getting another tank from these clowns would truly solve anything.  Since the glare from the sun hides the defect, at least for now, I guess I'll just have to ride only on sunny days.  The bike's out of warranty anyway, and I'll be damned if I'll pay the MoCo another $1000 for another highly suspect replacement.  Before I'd do that I'd just get a local painter to paint the entire POS black.  And some folks wonder why the MoCo is not exactly on my "A" list.

Jerry
See, that's just it.  Even if one does fight and win, chances are the replacement will suck just as bad or worse than the component for which it was ordered to replace.  Had this problem the first time my saddlebag lowers were replaced.  The right lower was perfect, but the left one was nothing more than a buffed out POS from someone else's claim that was just as milky as the one they replaced.  Actually looked worse with one good bag and one bad bag.  Anyway, I consider myself fortunate to have finally gotten that situation resolved.  In my case, I'll leave well enough alone with my tank, since at this point, I'm not so sure the problem isn't with my eyes and based on how terrible this whole experience has been.

Moodman

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1738 on: September 04, 2007, 12:53:58 PM »

Maybe you should try what some of these people have done to get a better response from MoCo
http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/angry-consumers-fight-back-on-the-web/20070904085409990001

REGGAB

« Reply #1739 on: September 04, 2007, 01:04:55 PM »

Maybe you should try what some of these people have done to get a better response from MoCo
http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/angry-consumers-fight-back-on-the-web/20070904085409990001

Hey Mike L............how's it goin' Bro?  The MoCo fix your paint yet?  Here's another weapon for the arsenal.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117

Page created in 0.29 seconds with 25 queries.