Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: BUB Stealth Mufflers  (Read 30811 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Re: BUB Stealth Mufflers
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 11:43:40 AM »

The BUB 7 Stealth mufflers arrived about 5:30 this evening.  I installed them and went for a short ride as the rain was starting to move in.  Can't wait to get out and give them a good test.  Here's my first impression:  I think they are about as close to perfect as I'm going to find.  Nice low rumble without any loud bark even when you crack the throttle.  Defintely louder than stock and a much, much better sound.  And they are quite a bit quieter than the CVO/Fullsac 1.75" I just took off.

All you guys that are looking for something a little louder than stock but not too loud, I think these are the answer.  And believe me I've tried a bunch.  Two different sets of Screamin Eagle Performance mufflers, then Hookers, Rush, V&H Ovals, V&H Monster Ovals, Fullsac 2.0" and the latest 1.75".  These Bub Stealths are also quieter than the V&H Monsters and have as nice a sound.

And bob2002, I don't know who told you that these are a see thru design.  They certainly are not.  They have a different, weird looking baffle.

I'll take some pictures and post them tomorrow when this weather clears up.  But for the time being I'm a "happy camper".  Of course time on the bike will be the true test.  I'm probably one of the first guys in the country to have these mufflers on a bike.

And they look really good!

I'm curious what happens on the Dyno with these?? I would think there is some loss...just how much?
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »

If you are concerned about dyno numbers it would be my guess that these mufflers aren't what you are looking for.  However, if big numbers aren't your objective and you want a nice mellow sounding bike that is louder than stock then they could very well work for you.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 08:07:35 AM »

I contacted Bub's yesterday.  They're just up the hill from us.......  Said they're re-working their systems now, for the 2010 model year bikes (due to the 02 sensor relocation).  They'll be out soon. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 09:07:22 AM »

I contacted Bub's yesterday.  They're just up the hill from us.......  Said they're re-working their systems now, for the 2010 model year bikes (due to the 02 sensor relocation).  They'll be out soon. :2vrolijk_21:

Talked to EDD 5 yesterday, he is working on a way to tune with the new 02 sensor location. Looks like if you remove cat the sensors will "crosstalk" in their locaton. Wonder if Harley put a divider in the collector or??? Be curious to see what's Bub's come up with...  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 01:03:40 PM by Texas 103 »
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

bknerr

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »

thanks for the review. i`m looking to replace the v&h ovals on my rk. liked them for 2 years, but now are two loud. getting old i guess. these bubs sound worth a try. what was the problem with the mo`s?
1963 flh
1974 fxe

2003 flhrc
2008 flhtcuse3

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 12:06:09 PM »

I was going to buy a set of the 09 CVO mufflers but I think I'll take a chance on the Stealth mufflers instead,they should be quieter yet on a stage one 96.
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »

Thanks for the Information and pics :2vrolijk_21:
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 01:36:37 PM »

but are they pricey!!  :o

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »

ALL,
Stay away from the CFR Pipes in your Pipe Selections. They are loud and they really have a low rumble with a different sound then any other pipe. Great Performance on the Dyno!! People know when Kasper is pulling in!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »

In answer to a couple questions:

I Monster Ovals low droan on a long trip wore on me and I didn't like it.

The BUB Stealths can be bought for around $500, so no they are not pricey.

On a 96" the Stealths should be quiter than they are on my 103".

HOGDOG

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 01:07:57 AM »

HogDog

Did you get the Brouhard's installed? Impressions?

JW
I just got back today from my dealer. i put the brouhards on myself. but had the stock headpipes on. i didnt want to write a review to you all untill i got the new head pipes and dyno. sooo the head pipes i went with was the v&h dresser duels and the brouhard bubs...the dyno i got was 88+hp. with 107+ torque. im not happy with the hp but im happy with the pipes. it pretty quiet at cruising speeds, i can hear my radio fine. but when you take off..wow..sounds great. and at idle pretty close to what i would expect from the reinharts. deep rumble. not too loud..but loud enough. he said he had a hard time dyno-ing it. said the pipes was fighting him the whole time. took about 5 hrs. i feel like i lost a little responce time on take off throttle. just got to get the rpms up little more, taking some getting use to. but i llike the pipes. they look great sound great. not over bearingly loud. but sounds great. if i can ill try to post few pics and a sound bite if i can....

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 08:23:00 AM »

I just got back today from my dealer. i put the brouhards on myself. but had the stock headpipes on. i didnt want to write a review to you all untill i got the new head pipes and dyno. sooo the head pipes i went with was the v&h dresser duels and the brouhard bubs...the dyno i got was 88+hp. with 107+ torque. im not happy with the hp but im happy with the pipes. it pretty quiet at cruising speeds, i can hear my radio fine. but when you take off..wow..sounds great. and at idle pretty close to what i would expect from the reinharts. deep rumble. not too loud..but loud enough. he said he had a hard time dyno-ing it. said the pipes was fighting him the whole time. took about 5 hrs. i feel like i lost a little responce time on take off throttle. just got to get the rpms up little more, taking some getting use to. but i llike the pipes. they look great sound great. not over bearingly loud. but sounds great. if i can ill try to post few pics and a sound bite if i can....

Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the pic and hear em!

JW

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »

Okay, I've had the Stealths on now for several days and finally got out on a 100+ mile ride today.  I'm still very happy with the Stealths.  Great tone and sound.  And I think they are actually a little louder than I thought in my first impression.  Maybe fairly close to the Fullsac 1.75" but a better sound.  If stock mufflers were a 1 and the loudess mufflers a 10.  I would say the Fullsac 1.75" are a 3-4 and the Stealths a 2-3.  But as you know, sound is very subjective.

The other day I had a buddy ride my bike so I could hear it as he pulled away and then made several passes by me on the street.  The bike sounded fantastic.

Happy for now.  I'll let you know if that changes for any reason.

bob2002

• Retired
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »

Zeb,
I have about 500 miles on my mufflers now and they did get louder to the the point I'm going to reverse the tips to see if that helps if not I don't think I'll stay with them.We are going to the Finger lakes in NY this weekend it should make my mind up.I should have just stayed with my HD Touring/103 CVO mufflers. Have yours gotten any louder?
2012 Ultra Limited,V&H VO2 Intake,Wood 222 Cams,Cobra Power Port Header,CVO Mufflers,TTS Tuner
AMSOIL DEALER SINCE 1985

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2009, 10:57:46 AM »

bob2002,

You and I are on the same page.  I also think the Stealths have gotten louder with a little use.  I only have a few hundred miles on mine but everytime I get on the bike I think they are louder.  Still a nice sound and certainly not obnoxiously loud.  However, I almost think the sound that bothers me is very similar to the same low droaning sound that the V&H Monsters made.  I think at cruise the sound is much like the Monsters.  Overall I like the sound, just not sure if I can live with it for the long haul.  A buddy and I are taking a trip to Colorado the middle of September that will be about 1,800 miles.  I'll sure know when I get back from that trip.  Maybe I better hold on to the CVO/Fullsac's until after the trip.

This really upsets me because when I first put the Stealths on and started her up I truly thought I had found the idea muffler.  Now I'm having second thoughts.

I too had thought about reversing the mufflers so they are slash down to see if that makes any difference.  Please let me know what, if any, effect it has by reversing them.

Zeb
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 25 queries.