Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Author Topic: BUB Stealth Mufflers  (Read 30813 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: BUB Stealth Mufflers
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2009, 10:37:34 PM »

Thanks for the most recent updates guys. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »

Pulled the trigger on a set! Will let you know what I think of the sonud and quality....and I am PICKY!!
RETIRED! :fireman:

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:35 AM »

Pulled the trigger on a set! Will let you know what I think of the sonud and quality....and I am PICKY!!

Opps, Picky might not serve you well, I looked at two sets recently that were starting to discolor. Both bikes had been run on a dyno that could have contributed to the color change, Be careful.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »

Opps, Picky might not serve you well, I looked at two sets recently that were starting to discolor. Both bikes had been run on a dyno that could have contributed to the color change, Be careful.
Then the return policy better serve me well instead!!!!! ;)

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2009, 10:50:15 PM »

couple people at my dealer like the bub 7--anyone have thoughts on these?

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2009, 11:12:23 PM »

couple people at my dealer like the bub 7--anyone have thoughts on these?

I really like my BUB 7 TD set up. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42383.0

JW

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2009, 11:35:59 AM »

I really like my BUB 7 TD set up. http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=42383.0

JW

Have been looking at the exhaust your running. Talked to a tech at BUB the other day and he stated that the  new TDX header pipe they make and the stealth mufflers will out perform, or have better numbers than the TD setup. am curious if anyone here has seen this, in their experiances with exhaust?
I no longer have  the 07 CVO but i do have the new 2010 LTD and am looking at differant exhaust systems for it.  like a lot of people i am not into the loud noise systems.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »

Got mine on last night. Fit and finish look pretty good. Sound is quieter that the 1.75 sacks. No more crack when hitting the throttle. I didn't care for that and packed the cans. That didn't help. That's why I am trying the stealths. Sound is down lower but not too quiet. I have only run it in the garage so I cannot give the thumbs up or down yet. I might be able to get it out and under some "load" tomorrow. In our case the bsr likes it loud but I like it more on the mellow side. Might have to go back to the sacks if the boss is not impressed!!!  ???

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2009, 08:36:41 PM »

Got mine on last night. Fit and finish look pretty good. Sound is quieter that the 1.75 sacks. No more crack when hitting the throttle. I didn't care for that and packed the cans. That didn't help. That's why I am trying the stealths. Sound is down lower but not too quiet. I have only run it in the garage so I cannot give the thumbs up or down yet. I might be able to get it out and under some "load" tomorrow. In our case the bsr likes it loud but I like it more on the mellow side. Might have to go back to the sacks if the boss is not impressed!!!  ???

am curious about the   hp and  tq in comparison to  the  TDX or even the true duls system  both with the  regular Bub 7 mufflers!!

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »

Well I got out with it today. Did about an hour of all types of riding. 08 SERK......Stop and go and one little 100 mph cruise to see if they would blue. "So far" here is my impression compared with the sacks.
Idle sound goes to BUB it really sounds better, low Harley sound
Light acceleration to BUB Low to mid rpm again nice low throaty sound
Heavy acceleration high rpm to sack high rpm sound is great!
Cruise to BUB nice tunes out the back!
6th gear cruise and acceleration definitely BUB! Nice Harley sound without all the drama!

I realize this is all subjective but "so far" I like the bubs for the bike and riding that I do. They are quiet. I think ZEB said his wife thought they were too loud. With all due respect, I can't imagine them being to loud unless they burn out quickly. Oh, and these things stink while they are breaking in. ;) I have some video with sound if I can figure out how to post it? I hope this helps someone as much as the other posters have helped me. Oh and they still have to pass the boss's sound test or to ebay they go!!!

fgizzo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG Cobalt and Starlight - Vance and Hines Dresser Duals - Klock Werks WFB Mufflers - Open SE Air Cleaner - Chopped Tour Pack
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2009, 10:15:48 PM »

I think I will be going to these, but would LOVE to see the video and sound files you have. You can PM me if you need help on the video posting.
Keepsabeat

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2009, 10:44:48 PM »

I think ZEB said his wife thought they were too loud.

If you are talking about me you are incorrect.  Wife and I like the Stealths. 

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #87 on: November 09, 2009, 10:40:39 PM »

I think I will be going to these, but would LOVE to see the video and sound files you have. You can PM me if you need help on the video posting.

Thanks, I'll get with you in a day or two.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2009, 10:45:48 PM »

If you are talking about me you are incorrect.  Wife and I like the Stealths. 
Yeah, It was someone else. I didn't take the time to read back through all the posts. Anyway, I don't think anyone can say they are to loud. Just right for a touring bike IMO.
Are yours still doing ok?

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2009, 10:49:26 PM »

Mine are fine but I've only been on the bike a couple of times in the past 2 months because we've had such a cool and rainy fall.  She's put away no for the winter.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.