Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 171011 times)

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #645 on: June 27, 2010, 10:48:33 PM »

ha... that is fuggin hysterical!!... I was in Kansas City all last week, while the UPS dude brought box after box of goodies (J&M speakers and amp, Freedom 7" shield, Motorcycle Armor bag lid protectors)...  I get home and my wife says to me... "how much does all this cost?"... I respond " waaay less than that Louis Vitton bag that showed up last week!"   Not another word.

Now that is classic!

I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
« Reply #646 on: July 01, 2010, 02:48:13 AM »

I'm in the pool this morning doing some laps thinking mods.  What comes to mind?  Dakota digital's on a spiced rum inner fairing and so I'm wondering how come I was happy when I bought the bike and now there's things missing.  Then it dawns on me that it's JCZ and his best buddy TEMPTATION who's going to take blame when I get in trouble with Max.  Maladjusted was right this is a baad place. 
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #647 on: July 01, 2010, 05:48:45 PM »

You guys are makin me feel bad.  I'm gonna pull everything off of my bike and put it back to totally stock.................................when ever I get ready to sell it. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #648 on: July 02, 2010, 05:30:56 PM »

I'm in the pool this morning doing some laps thinking mods.  What comes to mind?  Dakota digital's on a spiced rum inner fairing and so I'm wondering how come I was happy when I bought the bike and now there's things missing.  Then it dawns on me that it's JCZ and his best buddy TEMPTATION who's going to take blame when I get in trouble with Max.  Maladjusted was right this is a baad place. 

Here Here  :2vrolijk_21:

They describe that interim period of satisfaction as "post Delivery Euphoria" The time elapsing between writing the check and taking physical delivery!

Oh that was the Day!  :nixweiss: :drink: :drink: :drink:
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #649 on: July 03, 2010, 03:37:39 PM »

I'm back to the days of hiding my credit card statements and hoarding cash - funnily enough reminds me when I got divorced    :jalapeno:
Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #650 on: July 24, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »

This may not work so well for a short rider.  Keep in mind that I'm 6'4".  A shorter rider may have to use the Corbin back rest (the tour pack has a mount location about another inch or so back).  For this purpose, I have it mounted in the forward position.

Jon's very short so while he really liked the touring pull back bars, he didn't get to experience riding while resting agains the tour pack like I do.
I am thinking of ordering the same KTP pad, do you have the part number, and did it require any additional mounting holes to be drilled? The factory middle mounting holes are off center as you know, and I am not sure if I want to start drilling more holes.
Hawg

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #651 on: July 25, 2010, 12:34:44 AM »

I am thinking of ordering the same KTP pad, do you have the part number, and did it require any additional mounting holes to be drilled? The factory middle mounting holes are off center as you know, and I am not sure if I want to start drilling more holes.

No new holes.  I'm not sure of the part number.......I've got six receipts from Cornin and they all have various part numbers and prices (no description).  Just call them and tell them that you need the part number for the King Tour pack in the solo position (with no arm rests).......or, better yet, just order it from Jim (hd-dude).  You get it cheaper from Jim than from Corbin, anyway! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #652 on: July 25, 2010, 07:01:28 AM »

Thanks I will be ordering thru HD-Dude I had no problems when I ordered my solo seat thru him a few months back  :2vrolijk_21: definitely the way to go. For now I found some plastic autobody plugs work great to cover the holes.
You've done some fantastic mods to your bike, :2vrolijk_21: I look forward to the next round.
Hawg
Hawg

StreetDog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE RED STREET GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE SPICED RUM
    • CVO3: 2007 FLHRSE3 RAZOR RED
« Reply #653 on: July 25, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »

Does the Corbin solo seat sit lower?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #654 on: July 25, 2010, 09:33:52 PM »

Does the Corbin solo seat sit lower?

Yes, you sit a bit lower (maybe an inch) and back a bit from stock position (unless you order the close reach seat).

West Coast GTG   

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #655 on: July 26, 2010, 09:19:01 AM »

Yes, you sit a bit lower (maybe an inch) and back a bit from stock position (unless you order the close reach seat).
Another difference between ordering from Hd-Dude. Mine sits about an inch higher. But I have the heated seat. I should have had them take another inch off it
TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #656 on: July 26, 2010, 11:06:54 AM »

Another difference between ordering from Hd-Dude. Mine sits about an inch higher. But I have the heated seat. I should have had them take another inch off it

Interesting......maybe I'm getting older faster than I realized. :nixweiss:  They're all made from the same mold and I didn't have any taken off and I've got the heated pad also.  But if you take the Corbin and sit it on your garage floor next to your stock seat, I believe the Corbin is lower and back.

I'm 6'4" so I noticed it to be a much more relaxed feel in the riding position. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #657 on: July 26, 2010, 11:55:05 AM »

Interesting......maybe I'm getting older faster than I realized. :nixweiss:  They're all made from the same mold and I didn't have any taken off and I've got the heated pad also.  But if you take the Corbin and sit it on your garage floor next to your stock seat, I believe the Corbin is lower and back.

I'm 6'4" so I noticed it to be a much more relaxed feel in the riding position. :2vrolijk_21:
I've the same experience as TJ... I'm slightly higher and slightly further back. 6'1". The Corbin is firmer than the stock seat and (1) doesn't compress like the the stock and (2) doesn't have that weak pan that drops into the space underneath... I love my Corbin and am grateful I waited on bars until the Corbin was on.
 :huepfenjump3:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 11:57:15 AM by Myko »
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #658 on: July 26, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »

Interesting......maybe I'm getting older faster than I realized. :nixweiss:  They're all made from the same mold and I didn't have any taken off and I've got the heated pad also.  But if you take the Corbin and sit it on your garage floor next to your stock seat, I believe the Corbin is lower and back.

I can barely touch flat footed now and before I was flatfooted easily. When I was at Corbin I asked to have at least a quarter inch taken off and you'd have thought I was asking for the moon. I'll get down to the lock, you'll have to pay for a recover cause it will look to bad, etc. I finally just gave up about it. I Can reach good enough. If I get back there they will fix it. If I have to pay for a recover, fine. I wont get back till next year unless something happens that I have to ride down near. ;)
TJ

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #659 on: July 26, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »

I've received my corbin solo today.  There's no question that I've moved up an inch, but back at the same time.  I've just done 30 miles and cannot for the life of me think of going back to the stock seat.  I'm 6'5" and it's a great seating position now to the point that the bars will most likely stay and the monkey's have taken a back seat.   Cheers
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 49

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 25 queries.