Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: HANDLE BARS  (Read 56960 times)

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
Re: HANDLE BARS
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »

MIne is going in the shop to get the 515s installed this week! Will post pics!

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »

I ordered a pair of Paul Yaffee 14" Monkey Bars for my SERG in mid Feb. They told me 2 weeks ago tomorrow they were shipping them that day!
Still no bars! I have gone from Excitement to confusion to Disguest! Will I ever get my bars????????? :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:

I ordered, recieved and installed a painted chopped tour pak from the MOCO in half the time I have waited for the bars!
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2010, 06:02:28 PM »

MIne is going in the shop to get the 515s installed this week! Will post pics!

Crusty - let us know how you like the bars.  Did Jim (hd-dude) hook you up?
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2010, 10:33:10 PM »

Crusty - let us know how you like the bars.  Did Jim (hd-dude) hook you up?

Oh Ya, Jim is the man!!   :2vrolijk_21:

will place the 515s on the stock bars before they get swapped out... just to give everyone a visual on the difference.

donny666

« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2010, 09:21:07 AM »

Yaffes 15 inch monkey bars i'm 5'7 and they feel great

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #200 on: May 18, 2010, 03:14:08 PM »

I ordered a pair of Paul Yaffee 14" Monkey Bars for my SERG in mid Feb. They told me 2 weeks ago tomorrow they were shipping them that day!
Still no bars! I have gone from Excitement to confusion to Disguest! Will I ever get my bars????????? :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:  :nixweiss:

I ordered, received and installed a painted chopped tour pak from the MOCO in half the time I have waited for the bars!

Bars came 10 business days exactly! The bars are awesome! Worth the wait I hope. The supersize kit did not have the correct brake line. Thanks to my bro's here on cvoh web site I have a list of all the correct parts. I have ordered the rest of what I need and now I am only waiting on one section of brake line from the moco. Will post some pictures once the conversion gets underway!

2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »

I am having my Stealer install my wo515's right now. They are telling me that I need a new clutch cable. I told them that all they need to do is reroute the cable. I told them that I have several friends that have done this already on their bike. Their responce, are they on CVO Road Glide bikes or something else. I said, They are all on CVO Road Glides. :2vrolijk_21: I Will let you know how it goes. Very frustrating......

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »

I am having my Stealer install my wo515's right now. They are telling me that I need a new clutch cable. I told them that all they need to do is reroute the cable. I told them that I have several friends that have done this already on their bike. Their responce, are they on CVO Road Glide bikes or something else. I said, They are all on CVO Road Glides. :2vrolijk_21: I Will let you know how it goes. Very frustrating......

Funny (OK, not really)... came here to post the exact same thing... they are determined the cables are 8" short.

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »

I put Wild1 515's on my '08 Road Glide, and I am very happy with them.     

Bill,

Did you have to ditch the stock cables, or do they fit with these bars?

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #204 on: May 20, 2010, 10:26:32 AM »

Bill,

Did you have to ditch the stock cables, or do they fit with these bars?

I have a non-CVO RG (2008), so I had to replace the clutch cable with a +2".  The throttle wiring was fine and the brake line was also good.  If you have the same brake lines, I would think that the only issue could be the hydraulic clutch line.

Ask Jim (hd-dude), he has done these bars on CVO RG's and will have the real answer

Bill
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #205 on: May 22, 2010, 09:12:42 PM »

Well, My Stealer is installing new cables on mine. They told me that if they route them differently that they would rub and could break. So, I told them to just do it. They have had my bike for two weeks now and I want it back. I have had it with them. Two weeks plus to mount bars,tp and x pipe. The service department really let me down this time.

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #206 on: May 22, 2010, 11:15:15 PM »

Well, My Stealer is installing new cables on mine. They told me that if they route them differently that they would rub and could break. So, I told them to just do it. They have had my bike for two weeks now and I want it back. I have had it with them. Two weeks plus to mount bars,tp and x pipe. The service department really let me down this time.

I checked my brake line VERY closely, and i could not see any chaffing, or interference anywhere.  There was also a lot of xtra throttle wiring in the fairing.  Unless the CVO & non-CVO wiring and brake lines are markedly different, I wouldn't think you need a new brake line and throttle wiring.

Just my opinion since I haven't done the conversion on a CVO.  Hopefully they'll get you back in the saddle soon.

Bill

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #207 on: May 22, 2010, 11:45:35 PM »

I confirmed with Jim; with the 10" bars, there is no need to replace the lines.

Having the same issue. Granted I'm having a chitload of work done (Wild1 515s, x-pipe, baffles, TTS, Hawg Wired 300w amp & 4 speakers (2 in lowers), Ricoh dampners, Zumo 660 mount, HID headlights... I think that is it, but there was probably more... lol), but they originally told me 4 days, and 2 weeks later are still a day or two out from being done. Original quote for labor was $1200, and last time I checked on it, I got the "we don't want you to be too surprised if the total is a bit higher, not everything was as easy as we anticipated" line... dreading the actual total!

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #208 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »

So, did you talk to your dealer about the cables? Do they agree that they dont need to be replaced? I am having a tuff time convincing my dealer that they do not need to replace them. At this point I'm willing to just let them replace them so I can get my bike back.  Maybe some pictures on how they are routed would help.  :confused5:

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #209 on: May 23, 2010, 02:38:37 PM »

So, did you talk to your dealer about the cables? Do they agree that they dont need to be replaced? I am having a tuff time convincing my dealer that they do not need to replace them. At this point I'm willing to just let them replace them so I can get my bike back.  Maybe some pictures on how they are routed would help.  :confused5:

I let them know and they were going to pull the clamps and see what. They could do. I gave them Jim's number and asked that they call him if they had any questions.

It is a local shop, not an HD dealer.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 20 queries.