Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: HANDLE BARS  (Read 57185 times)

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
Re: HANDLE BARS
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »

Anyone tried the Heritage bars? I heard they are a Little taller than the stock serg bars.  :nixweiss:

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2010, 01:52:37 AM »

Highjagger,

Did you ever mount your mini-apes?  I was thinking about getting a pair and wanted to see what they looked like.

Charles

No , and i won`t , the angle for the wrist seems to be uncomfortable for me , the look would be ok .
I found the V-team apes here in germany and they do them with the official-part-document (needed for the TÜV ) and i was able to sit on a Roadking with a 16" V-team ape . I am in e-mail contact with them to check out whether they could ream out the right side for mounting the heatdemons and i guess i will do the 16" Ape , Let`s wait and see .
http://www.v-team.de/home/
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 01:57:31 AM by Highjagger »
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2010, 04:42:58 AM »

@ Smuuth or Jim Glide ,
 would you please meassure the wide of the center from outest lowest corner one side , to the other outest lowest corner ?
And post it here please .

Ohio phil

• C-YA
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2010, 06:46:48 AM »

Just rode my friends 09 roadglide with wild 1 W0517 and mine r on order, nice bars  :huepfenjump3:

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2010, 02:58:07 PM »

@ Smuuth or Jim Glide ,
 would you please meassure the wide of the center from outest lowest corner one side , to the other outest lowest corner ?
And post it here please .

It's hard to get a measurement straight across with them installed, but appears to be 13¼ inches (336.55 mm) wide at the lower corners.
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »

Thanks ,
Would you say that a ape with a center wide of 14 1/2 " ( 370mm ) would be possible to mount and work without problems , without touching the inner fairing anywhere ?

Smuuth

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE³
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2010, 09:06:59 PM »

Thanks ,
Would you say that a ape with a center wide of 14 1/2 " ( 370mm ) would be possible to mount and work without problems , without touching the inner fairing anywhere ?

It would probably be ok when the forks are straight but I would worry that it might hit the inner fairing when the bars are turned to full lock.  The part of the speedometer/tachometer housing below the bars is almost exactly the same width as the bottom of the PY monkey bars I installed.  The bolt heads that hold that housing on protrude approximately 6.4 mm further out.  

My estimation is any bars wider than 13.75 inches (349 mm) at the bottom would be risking hitting the inner fairing.  It might not, but why take that chance?  There are lots of bars to choose from that will fit without risk.
Patriot Guard

The best thing about riding in the rain is you don't have to stop to piss.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #157 on: March 08, 2010, 01:34:03 AM »

Thank you for meassuring and telling your opinion .
 The http://www.v-team.de/home/ offers another ape-variety with a center wide 11 1/2 .
But this ape has a grip wide of only about 33 3/4 instead of 37 (which the 14 1/2 center ape does have and the Paul Yaffee too) 
(apes are only allowed here in germany only with a special parts-document, and v-team has it )

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »

I put the W1 517s on a couple weeks ago.  Not sure if I'll keep them...pull back too far.  They need to be in my lap before I get a comfortable wrist position.

I just ordered a set of Road Glide bars from Cycle Visions.  They are the stock angle with an added 2 inch rise.  I liked the wrist angle of the stock bars but had to reach too far forward.  I believe the extra two inches will solve my problem.  They come in chrome or black.

Here's the link.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2010, 03:08:36 PM »

I put the W1 517s on a couple weeks ago.  Not sure if I'll keep them...pull back too far.  They need to be in my lap before I get a comfortable wrist position.

I just ordered a set of Road Glide bars from Cycle Visions.  They are the stock angle with an added 2 inch rise.  I liked the wrist angle of the stock bars but had to reach too far forward.  I believe the extra two inches will solve my problem.  They come in chrome or black.

Here's the link.

Looks like they'll be in M.B. Bike week at the Barefoot landing this year. I'll have to check them out...............Fuzz
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2010, 11:52:48 PM »

It would probably be ok when the forks are straight but I would worry that it might hit the inner fairing when the bars are turned to full lock.  The part of the speedometer/tachometer housing below the bars is almost exactly the same width as the bottom of the PY monkey bars I installed.  The bolt heads that hold that housing on protrude approximately 6.4 mm further out.  

My estimation is any bars wider than 13.75 inches (349 mm) at the bottom would be risking hitting the inner fairing.  It might not, but why take that chance?  There are lots of bars to choose from that will fit without risk.
I e-mailed with V-team and they have wrong datas on their website .
 The width of the center is 340mm (nearly what you recommended 13.75 inches (349 mm)) . Now they do check whether they can make a right-side-7/8 reamed out for the heatdemons. I hope they will be able to , yeah .

serghaven

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »

Anyone have the stock bar measurements? I am at work so I can not go measure. I want to compare the stock measurements to the bars I'm looking at.

Thanks

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2010, 11:22:20 AM »

I had the W0517 installed on my bike last Friday.  I feel like I have less control over the bike due the the position of the bars in a full lock turn.  During a full lock turn, the grips are inline (parallel) with the tank console and I have no leverage.  I am going to have the bars adjusted and if that does not work, replaced.  Such a waste at this point.  I had Heat Demons installed and spent close to $1000 in the process.

BTW, when bars are installed, do they remove the fairing completely?

In the picture, the right-turn is not at a complete lock due to the bike being on a jiffy stand.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:33:30 PM by charles05663 »
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »

Here's the link.

I just got off the phone with cyclevisions and they told me that the handlebars on STOCK Road Glide are 1" shorter than the SERG . And the handlebars that cyclevisions are selling are 2" taller than the STOCK Road Glide bars. So if you were to buy thier bars you would only gain 1". So needless to say I'm not buying their bars. I think I going to wait till I see what eveybody has put on their SERGs at one of our GTG's...........................Fuzz   

Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

BillH

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLTRI
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2010, 03:35:02 PM »

I put Wild1 515's on my '08 Road Glide, and I am very happy with them.  I'm 6'4" with a tall torso, and they fit me well.  They are taller, more pull back, and a more comfortable wrist angle.  Jim (hd-dude) recommended them, and he was right-on. He gave me a good price on them too.

Here's some number comparisons on the Wild1 bars:

Description     Year    Bar Diameter   Rise      Width   Pullback   Center    
Stock    2003 - 2008   1"             8"        32"       11"       7"                    
Wild One   513 (Ape)         1.25"            8.5"        35"      11.5"      10"      
           515 (Ape)         1.25"            10"        36"      11.5"      10"      
           517 (Glide)         1.25"            8.5"        31"      14.5"      10"      
           575                 1.25"            10"        34.5"       13"      14"   

Bill   
2008 FLTRI - 103, S&S 570 cams, SE cam plate, Ness Big Sucker, Woods lifters, GMR adjustable pushrods, Lozano Brothers heads, HPI 54mm throttle body mod, Supertrapp 2:1, SE compensator, BDL +1 clutch TTS tuner w/GMR Dyno, Ricor fork valves, Progressive 440's, Wild 1 515's bars, HID's, TrueTrack, J&M 71/2" speakers, Clearview +2, lots of other small stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.