Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: High Oil Pressure  (Read 13263 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: High Oil Pressure
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »

:jack:

No way.  That finger had plenty of oil pressure.  I saw the stuff squirt out of it!

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 03:49:57 PM »

I also had them put on the new screaming eagle fat shot slip ons (HD80847-10) and they look and sound great! No more "sewing machine" or 'hamilton blender" cracks about the sound now.......

What do you guys think?

I Like the slip ons, look good, I am going with the Supertrapp Fatshots, rather than the HD, they are very similar if not identical. Only difference is the HD have "tamper proof" fasteners holding the discs (look like torx), Supertrapp are able to add subtract discs if/when required. You can buy a toll from Supertrapp that allows you to undo the HGD Fatshotz screw if required.

geezerglide

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 06:07:41 PM »

I Like the slip ons, look good, I am going with the Supertrapp Fatshots, rather than the HD, they are very similar if not identical. Only difference is the HD have "tamper proof" fasteners holding the discs (look like torx), Supertrapp are able to add subtract discs if/when required. You can buy a toll from Supertrapp that allows you to undo the HGD Fatshotz screw if required.

geezerglide

One other minor detail is the H-D mufflers are stamped EPA compliant. This is remarkable when you consider that the dual exhaust pieces run the open end cap and baffle (straight through).

The “tamper resistant” fasteners are most likely required in order to comply with the reg’s required for the EPA stamp.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »

One other minor detail is the H-D mufflers are stamped EPA compliant. This is remarkable when you consider that the dual exhaust pieces run the open end cap and baffle (straight through).

The “tamper resistant” fasteners are most likely required in order to comply with the reg’s required for the EPA stamp.

The Supertrapp Fatshots are also stamped EPA Compliant, have passed the SAE J2825 sound test.

As you mention the "tamper resistant" fasteners are probably required, they are on the HD version not on the Supertrapp ones.

geezerglide

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2009, 04:06:52 PM »

The Supertrapp Fatshots are also stamped EPA Compliant, have passed the SAE J2825 sound test.

As you mention the "tamper resistant" fasteners are probably required, they are on the HD version not on the Supertrapp ones.

geezerglide

It’s great to finally see good sounding, EPA compliant exhaust systems on the market.  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.