Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: High Oil Pressure  (Read 13136 times)

captdave221

• Junior CVO Member
Re: High Oil Pressure
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 09:31:41 AM »

Only time I saw this issue the customer put on a hi-flow a/c and the backing plate was NOT drilled for the breather bolts to vent the internal air pressure

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 09:35:26 AM »

Only time I saw this issue the customer put on a hi-flow a/c and the backing plate was NOT drilled for the breather bolts to vent the internal air pressure

My buddy has an 07 Street Glide, I rode it once and noticed a simalar pressure (high).....

You don't happen to have a Picture of what you are talking about do you?
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: No CVO's At Present
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 09:42:46 AM »

I did install the SE heavy air cleaner myself about two weeks ago, but the pressure was just as high before that.  I took it back to the dealership like the instructions say to have the software download done.  Dealership said the download was not yet available for the bike ($190 when it is available) but they could race tune it for $750 (ouch).  I'll put the stock A/C back on it this weekend as see if that makes a difference.  

I will also say that many of the customizing items I purchased from the dealership don't seem to fit this bike (floorboard extenders, saddlebag lid covers) or can't get them to work (garage door opener).  Again, I told the parts or salesperson exactly what bike I owned and they picked out the part.  I am learning the hard way that HD is a whole different animal when it comes to parts and service issues.......... I do love the ride though......
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Aprilia RSVr (track)
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia Tuono 1000R (track)
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC (Screamer)
2012 HD XR1200x Sportster

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 02:14:00 PM »

over filled oil capacity will cause high oil pressure.

How is that?

hi-flow a/c and the backing plate was NOT drilled for the breather bolts to vent the internal air pressure

Don't get this either.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 03:02:13 PM »

I did install the SE heavy air cleaner myself about two weeks ago, but the pressure was just as high before that.  I took it back to the dealership like the instructions say to have the software download done.  Dealership said the download was not yet available for the bike ($190 when it is available) but they could race tune it for $750 (ouch). I'll put the stock A/C back on it this weekend as see if that makes a difference. 
I will also say that many of the customizing items I purchased from the dealership don't seem to fit this bike (floorboard extenders, saddlebag lid covers) or can't get them to work (garage door opener).  Again, I told the parts or salesperson exactly what bike I owned and they picked out the part.  I am learning the hard way that HD is a whole different animal when it comes to parts and service issues.......... I do love the ride though......

It won't...  What might is a bad oil pressure gage or oil pressure sending unit.  (not a big deal)  Or a stuck relief spring in your camplate...  (starting to become a big deal) Or a blocked or restricted oil passage (a big deal).  If your not comfortable at looking at these area's yourself, I'd not waste much time taking your bike to someone who is capable of diagnosing and correcting your problem....   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »

I did install the SE heavy air cleaner myself about two weeks ago, but the pressure was just as high before that.  I took it back to the dealership like the instructions say to have the software download done.  Dealership said the download was not yet available for the bike ($190 when it is available) but they could race tune it for $750 (ouch).  I'll put the stock A/C back on it this weekend as see if that makes a difference.  

Dont forget,  in case you're not aware,  that when you install the HB you'll need to buy the 96" breather bolts.   They're different on the 110 with the stock AC.     Lots of info on the topic in Intake/ECM section.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »

What is an "HB"
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 09:58:28 PM »

What is an "HB"
Heavy Breather.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

captdave221

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 07:32:57 AM »

How is that?

Don't get this either.

The backing plate was never drilled from the headbolt tunnels to the manifold opening. just a minor screw-up that got past quality control. The holes are not cast in. they are part of the machining process
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:16:23 AM by captdave221 »

nudels2u75

• nudels2u
  • Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4--SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4--Traded-N-
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 10:47:45 AM »

I would not trust any of them...I would find a me a local old timer, and then take his suggestions to a different stealership....That is also way to much to pay to get your scooter dyno tunned.  I have had the same problem purchasing parts for mine. Most of the people in parts have no training or they are incompetent.

Good luck....If I could do my repairs myself I would
"I see the horizon and no destination in sight"

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 08:42:02 AM »

It won't...  What might is a bad oil pressure gage or oil pressure sending unit.  (not a big deal)  Or a stuck relief spring in your camplate...  (starting to become a big deal) Or a blocked or restricted oil passage (a big deal).  If your not comfortable at looking at these area's yourself, I'd not waste much time taking your bike to someone who is capable of diagnosing and correcting your problem....   :nixweiss:

Took it in last Tuesday.  They said they were going to replace the camplate so hopefully it will bring that oil pressure off of 60.  I'm not much for the far right in politics or in gauges (except fuel gauges)!  Part is coming in today, and they said I can pick the bike up tomorrow.   

:beatdeadhorse:
1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 09:41:09 AM »

;) ;)
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 10:32:01 AM »

Hope it all works out.  At least in south-central TX there are at least 6 HD dealerships.  Maybe you can find a good wrench at another near-by dealer.  I personally have one dealer 10 miles from my home but for parts and major service I travel 90 miles and never have regreted it.  Good luck and let us know how this turns out.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »

Took it in last Tuesday.  They said they were going to replace the camplate so hopefully it will bring that oil pressure off of 60.  I'm not much for the far right in politics or in gauges (except fuel gauges)!  Part is coming in today, and they said I can pick the bike up tomorrow.   

:beatdeadhorse:

Did they have a reason for doing this?  Did the find a problem with the cam plate/relief spring or are they guessing?

Curious to see how it comes out....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grinner

• Happy Idiot
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2009, 10:15:13 AM »

Did they have a reason for doing this?  Did the find a problem with the cam plate/relief spring or are they guessing?

Curious to see how it comes out....

Shop didn't give a specific reason.  I did point out your post and that several others had indicated this as a potential issue.  Got bike back yesterday afternoon.  Pressure at idle is aound 28 where it was around 40, and in 6th at 2600rpms it's running around 45.  Pressure now moves up and down based on rpms like I believe it should.  I also had them put on the new screaming eagle fat shot slip ons (HD80847-10) and they look and sound great! No more "sewing machine" or 'hamilton blender" cracks about the sound now.......

What do you guys think?

1988 Honda Hurricane
2007 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
2008 Honda GL1800
2009 Aprilia RSVR
2011 BMW G650GS (dual)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.