Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG  (Read 29995 times)

mud hog

Re: Problems and Issues with the 2010 SG
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2009, 10:14:02 PM »

Here is a list of the problems with my sesg. The inner fairing has a chip where the fairing and the gas tank met and there was also a chip in the gas tank. That was found on inspection when the bike arrived at the dealership. Then after I got home that same day and was looking the bike over some more I found a run in the paint on the front of the fairing. I then took it back to the dealership for them to look at it and they called Harley and the guys at harley wanted to know if it fell into their certain guidelines and the guy at the dealership told harley that he had no way of knowing if it did or did not fall with in their guidelines he told them that I paid good money for the bike and that this was a part that need to be replaced and they told him that they would have to talk about it and get back with him on it. the dealership told them to just forget talking about it and just send the part that the dealership would pay for it that they was not going to have an unhappy customer over some thing that harley should have already seen before it left the factory. So I know that the only dealership that I will ever have any dealings with from now on is Knoxville Harley Davidson and to also let you know that they are a MSRP dealership. Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention that the gas lid does rattle too.

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2009, 10:52:55 PM »

Here is a list of the problems with my sesg. The inner fairing has a chip where the fairing and the gas tank met and there was also a chip in the gas tank. That was found on inspection when the bike arrived at the dealership. Then after I got home that same day and was looking the bike over some more I found a run in the paint on the front of the fairing. I then took it back to the dealership for them to look at it and they called Harley and the guys at harley wanted to know if it fell into their certain guidelines and the guy at the dealership told harley that he had no way of knowing if it did or did not fall with in their guidelines he told them that I paid good money for the bike and that this was a part that need to be replaced and they told him that they would have to talk about it and get back with him on it. the dealership told them to just forget talking about it and just send the part that the dealership would pay for it that they was not going to have an unhappy customer over some thing that harley should have already seen before it left the factory. So I know that the only dealership that I will ever have any dealings with from now on is Knoxville Harley Davidson and to also let you know that they are a MSRP dealership. Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention that the gas lid does rattle too.

What color is your SESG?

mud hog

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »

Sorry Tequilla Sunrise will try to post pics

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2009, 02:35:56 AM »

Are the clutch problems new for this year?  Looking at many of the threads I do not see any mention of this particular issue since going to the hydraulic clutch.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2009, 06:41:43 AM »

I'm also curious as to whether the clutch issue is part of dealer prep or if these should be coming out of York already fully bled?
Would seem like an easy problem to remedy... but a PITA when you get the bike.
Have a friend who when he received his CVO Springer had to bleed the clutch a few times before it was set... he hasn't had an issue since.. that was a couple of years ago.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2009, 07:01:46 AM »

I am on my fourth bike with Hydro Clutch...this (the SESG) is the first that needed to be Bled...my guess, it is a manufacturing issue.  Right from delivery, it would grab immediately whe the handle was moved away from the grip.  The CUSE grabs maybe an inch off the grip.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2009, 10:05:49 AM »

Are the clutch problems new for this year?  Looking at many of the threads I do not see any mention of this particular issue since going to the hydraulic clutch.

I'm also curious as to whether the clutch issue is part of dealer prep or if these should be coming out of York already fully bled?
Would seem like an easy problem to remedy... but a PITA when you get the bike.
Have a friend who when he received his CVO Springer had to bleed the clutch a few times before it was set... he hasn't had an issue since.. that was a couple of years ago.

No, the clutch problem has been around as long as H-D has been installing them on the CVO's.  It's not every bike, but there have been reports every year of the same problem of air in the lines.  It may not be spelled out in the posts as such, because not everyone knows what is causing their creeping and shifting issues, but the root cause is air in the lines.  Thankfully H-D seems to be able to do a little better job filling the brake systems.

This is the responsibility of the assembly plant, just like the filling of the brake hydraulic systems.  Prep is supposed to check fluid levels and look for obvious leaks, but dealer prep isn't meant to catch and fix all the stuff H-D fails to do properly.  I would only expect dealer prep to catch this if in fact they found a problem on the road test that is supposed to be part of the prep.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2009, 12:46:32 PM »

Appreciate the explanation Jerry-thanks.  Hey, I noticed you are from NW Indiana-last three years of high school (many years ago) I lived on Calumet City IL.
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2009, 08:59:57 PM »

3,000 miles & no parts have fallen off yet.Clutch works good bike runs great.Only issue is the seat fit. :) ;D
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2009, 06:30:27 AM »

Just got mine back from the 1K service and the Clutch now is just like my ultra.
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

MOBlue

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2009, 10:50:21 AM »

My 2010 SESG has less top end noise than any of my previous 12 Harley's, which includes my 2007 SE Ultra with the 110.

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2009, 12:36:49 PM »

Mines got a tick that sounds like a lifter maybe.Between 2000 & 2100 RPMS in 3rd & 4th gear.Don't know if it just started or I just noticed it.Haven't had the tech put his ear on it yet.Friends 110 is acting the same way.
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2009, 07:56:45 PM »

Still working on my break in today...  rode about 250 miles in the N Georgia mtn's. Perfect for the variation of RPM's.

The stock pipes really let me hear everything. During some of the higher revs I could hear a very faint tick but nothing like any of my other Harley's. Quiet as a house mouse.

This SESG, man, what a machine. Great power stock and that new frame, wow.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2009, 01:43:13 PM »

Mine has the seat issue haven't notified the dealer yet, The dealer cautioned me at delivery about possible air in the clutch but 500 miles so far it hasn't developed any issues.

I am having an issue with the throttle not returning to idle when released usually when riding around 2800 rpm. Acts like cruise on but it isn't a manual return is necessary to get deceleration.

Other than that
SWEEEET
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2009, 08:37:59 AM »

Is the moco doing anything to correct these issues on the newer bikes coming out of the factory?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.